Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2007 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last years results are posted here for the time being. I expect when the 2007 draw is done (end of the month) they will no longer be posted there.

Cup play is all about the upset and the dark horses. Who do you think will have the composure and momentum to crack the final four? Polonia, Primo, Romania, Westside Rino and Westside FC are the current leaders of the eligible groups of teams.

Of the teams that made the Quarter-Finals, the ones that remain are: JB's, WS-RinoC,Cleos,RichUnitedB, Romania, WS-Knights.

The draw will be all important as it will more than likely erase some of the top teams through head to head play. Last years Victoria trip was a blast(not on the soccer field however) so I know of one team for sure who will come to play each and every game...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a rumour that Primo have asked to be excluded from div 2 cup this year. Fact or Fiction?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primo have indeed elected to foregoe participation in Cup play due to a conflict with their work as a team in establishing a youth organization, most of the work beginning in the next couple of weeks. Kudos for getting involved at the grass root level but there were alot of teams in 2A and 2C that wanted to put a bit of tarnish on their 2006-07 record.
It will be interesting how the league decides to handle this. Do they grab the next team out of 2B (Alemania) or the next best record (PCOV, Yaletown)?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They explicitly stated 4 teams chosen from each of 2A, 2B, and 2C chosen according to standings. To me it's pretty clear that the 5th place team in 2B will get Primo's spot.

So with the exception of 2A it's all figured out... although a win for Richmond FC this weekend would get them seeded over Douglas Park.

I'm a little worried about the 3 week layoff we'll have ended up with between our last league game and first cup game. Anyone up for an exhibition match during the week?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup Draw is done.

Top Half
==============
IFC Polonia
Green Devils

City FC Rangers A
Bombastic
===============
Westside Rino B
Richmond FC

Signmaster
Norvan JB's
===============

Bottom Half
===============
FC Romania
Unicorns FC

PCOV A
Douglas Park
===============
Westside FC C
CAT 2A 2nd Place

KLM Alemania
City FC Rangers B

Home Teams on top.

Last edit to update with this weeks results. Last team to be decided is in CAT 2A Surrey or Lobbans

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers A 1 - Bombastic 0.

Good result for us last night considering are underwhelming play. Bombastic took it to us in a poor showing first half by us but were unable to get a goal. Missed the net a few times butg most of the half played in the middle of park with turnover after turnover and bad pass after bad pass. 2nd half started a little better and Bombastic started to tire. A few timely subs and we sarted to take it to them. Goal came off a cross from one sub to the other as DITH but a nice semi diving header back across the goal where the keeeper could only get a hand to and still not enough from hitting the back of the net. A slew of chances opportunities followed but we were unable to put a second one in. Bombastic took it to us for the last 3 or 4 minutes but couldn't get one with ther best chance stopped by our keepers leg as he slid out. Onto todays "B" team game vs Allemania and then Round 2 next weekend.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino B vs. Richmond FC

The game was abandoned after approx 20 mins with the score 0-0.

Richmond FC took an early yellow for yapping at the ref, then the same player took a second yellow on a bad tackle (no chance of getting the ball). The Richmond players and sideline were incensed and just had to let the ref know about it on every play from there on out. The game continued for maybe 5 more mins with Richmond FC taking a couple yellows on the field, a red to the flag guy, and then another red on the field, all for their lip, before the ref finally called the game.

Should be a fun one for the league to sort out :rolleyes:

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza's account of the game was fairly accurate, with a few minor omissions. First of all, the first sending off of our player for his second yellow was just a poorly-timed tackle. It was deserving of a foul, but not a second yellow 10 mins into a cup game. The ref made every effort to dictate the flow and outcome in this game. He red-carded our linesman (substitute) for saying 'What the Fcuk?!' after the sending off. Maybe it was justified, but most mature refs would've gave him a warning or our coach a warning and left it at that. Instead it just made us more angry. He made poor call after poor call, with all of them going against us. When he finally made a call in our favor, our sidelines clapped and said (sarcastically) 'nice call ref'. He blew the whistle 3 times and said, 'That's it. The game is over.' For clapping at him?! Are you fcuking kidding me?! This isn't youth mini soccer, it's men's, where emotions can sometimes get the best of you. A mature, responsible ref would've taken control of the game early and ignored some of the things that were said. After calling the game, one of our guys said something to him, and received another red. But by this time, the game had already been called.
It's a fitting end to the season for us, considering all the tantrums and dissent from our guys, both to the ref and to each other. Some of the cards were deserving, no doubt, but to call the game cuz his feelings were hurt?! That's fcuking ridiculous.
Worst part of it is that we should've been up 1-0 after hitting a post, and I thought we were in control of the game. Westside is young and fit, but that's about it. There were a few talented players, but mainly just kids that can run all day. I think we would've put a couple past their keeper by halftime, and then hung-on for maybe a 2-1 win. But this fcuking cnut decides to end our season!
Anyways, you reap what you sow, and at the end of the day we have ourselves to blame for letting this get so out of hand.
Best of luck to the remaining teams in the cup. Never having seen some of the other teams, I have no idea who's gonna take it.

TS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:
This isn't youth mini soccer, it's men's, where emotions can sometimes get the best of you. A mature, responsible ref would've taken control of the game early and ignored some of the things that were said.
I guess the ref's emotions just got the better of him. A mature, responsible team would've stayed in control of their mouths and wouldn't have said some of the things that were said.

Just another way to look at it. ;)

Sounds like a 1-0 win for Westside, no?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top Half
==============
IFC Polonia Polonia
Green Devils

City FC Rangers A City FC Rangers A
Bombastic
===============
Westside Rino B Westside Rino B
Richmond FC

Signmaster
Norvan JB's Norvan JB's
===============

Bottom Half
===============
FC Romania FC Romania
Unicorns FC

PCOV A PCOV A
Douglas Park
===============
Westside FC C
Surrey United C

KLM Alemania KLM Alemania
City FC Rangers B

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alamania 5 - 2 Rangers

Bunch of regulars had other priorities. Anyhow 5, last second Ladner U-17 permit players joined ( good thing as we would had to have forfeit). All who played well ( considering the circumstances) scoring both our goals. Not sure what went wrong, but we were in control pretty much dominating play 25 - 30 min. with a 1 nil lead. Our right mid. pulled a hammy and subbed out. It almost seemed as we went down a man, and from then till half the pressure started to come. Alamania's 1st goal came off a cross that would have been offside if we didn't have a stragler behind the D line as we pulled out. Which proves 1 guy not with the program will kill you. 1-1 at half. Second half things seemed to get worse, as we pretty much lost all ability. Alamania's second off a header that deflected off a second head into the net, the guy who scored didn't know what hit him. Things just got worse after, as our keeper lasers a pass to a young mid ( who I am sure never gets a pass under that circumstance at his level ) that bounces off him directly to the path of there guy as he puts the ball into a open net. 3-1. We packed our bags after that and there goals kept coming including 1 which was a total joke. We got a late one for 5-2 finish. 4 of 5 of there goals came off our miscues. It usually isn't a good thing when your in a cup game and half your team have never played together before.

As we warmed up during the PCOV-DP Rangers. A PCOV challanges hard down near the corner. They get up shoving, the DP Mexican looking kid grabs his head and falls to the ground with no contact made. Last time I seen a act like that was Brazils Rivaldo world cup act. The ref sees it, cards them both. Red for the Mexican. I think some of the vets from DPR need to have a talk with that guy. Fcuking embarrassing I would have to say if your a DPR player.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR have 2 Mexican (Hispanic) players, both of whom are ridiculous divers and primadonnas. GLad to hear one got caught and deservedly kicked out yesterday. It was either a red card from a ref or a punch to the face this year for those fellas, and I'm happy to see the ref's red card finally made an appearance.

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those two players on DPR are lucky this is cup play or else both of them would have left the park in an ambulance. Oh well good win PCOV.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to the:

Westside FC C
Surrey United C...
...game?

It appears that it was not scheduled, why?

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
What happened to the:

Westside FC C
Surrey United C...
...game?

Looks like we will be playing Wednesday 9:00pm at Point Grey Turf.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
What happened to the:

Westside FC C
Surrey United C...
...game?

Surrey didn't clinch their cup spot until their Friday night win over Club I.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah that whole scenario was pretty funny considering it was a clean tackle and he took a couple shots at our player when they were down. I'm sure if our guy hit him he would have gone down without having to dive. StuckIn would have fixed him at some point as well if he didn't get red carded. Right FWB!!

Vinnie you dumpster diver, you gonna come out and watch a game? We're at Byrne Creek this Sat. I'll have the beer on ice.

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just don't understand how the league does not provide linesmen for CUP games? If the refs had two more sets of eyes on the pitch it would be much easier to catch all the bullshit behind the play...AKA "FWB"

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0