Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2007 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
schedule for cup play

does anyone know when the semi finals and the finals are going to be played? it's a long weekend coming up, so are there going to be games that weekend? but it seems like the league wants to finish as soon as possible considering all games are being played on turf. any info would be greatly appreciated.

bukkakemon

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened last night? 1:0 OT? Same early outing in the first round -- just like last year vs. NK. I hope this isn't going to become an annual occurance....

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
was 2:1 actually and we were very good on the night, but just a bit short on legs against a talented surrey team. some first class tackles in the first 20 or so, a nice goal by us just after that and then a screamer by them with 5 to play in the first half. that guy will never hit that shot again, twas a beauty. Drawing the eventual champs each year is tough, but as I said, we played very well on the night, especially the back wall.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino through on penalties after a scoreless 120 mins... Norvan's defense played very well (especially #9 who dominated the air), and limited us to very few real opportunities. Their keeper (normally an outfield player) did well when called upon, but I feel like if we would've cracked a few long range ones on target we would have likely beat him.

Bonefish looked great in the first half for the JB's ... challenging for the title of fastest man over 30 (or is it o35?).

Man of the match for me was our keeper who made a few great saves during the game, an excellent save to bring us level in the shootouts, and then buried his own peno when called upon.

On to Polonia in the semi's...

Surrey vs. Romania should be an interesting tilt as they produced some high scoring results when they met last season.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WS vs JB's. It was not a showcase of the beautiful game so to speak rather a tight gritty game. The young legs of Westside, helped by the wind in the first half, were up to the task of defending for the most part but had Norvan executed a bit better in the last third... Second half saw the play shift a bit more in favor of Norvan with the wind helping but the advantage went for naught as the pressure did not produce the all important goal. Westside did have the better chances on free kicks but were unable to convert. The first overtime half saw WS miss a glorious chance inside the 18 after some frantic play at the top of the 18 and Norvan continued to get corner kicks and deep throw-ins but did not get the necessary bounce.
Spot kicks it was and after an early save by our keep WS pulled ahead with a save and crossbar from a Norvan Shooter.
Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda, a tie was a fair result but Westside win the shoot out and a better chance at the provincials. Westside were very comptent in the middle and back but will be in tough against the more experienced Polonia

...and Dezza, if only I was 0-30, I would have had a couple more runs and mabye a break or two(Doesn't mean I would have scored cause I was born with 2 left feet)

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Westside Rino and Surrey U.

You guys are making Division 2 cat A look pretty good.

Too bad the Hibs and Idiots B. were not eligible for the cup. Perhaps we could have locked up all 4 semi final spots.

Sidewinder.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish looked great in the first half for the JB's ... challenging for the title of fastest man over 30 (or is it o35?).

Boneyfish fast? Now that's a pisstake...:D

See you a week Monday in Telusland, backfatman.

Cheers,

Trece

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
surrey v romania .solid game buy surrey with some chances. romania dive if any contact then roll around on the ground great acting many of there players do this. i hope the ref for the final does not buy in to this act

briliantu

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
FC ROMANIA CHAMPIONS 2006/2007
:D :D :D :wa: :D :D :D

IFC POLONIA 5 - 6 FC ROMANIA (2-0)(2-2)(2-2 et)(2-2 et)(3-4 PK'S)

dispite the hater towards our team and particular players from our team throuout the season we came we played we fought we won so the best to all a good summer and see some of you next winter in DIV 1
also congrats to IFC Polonia and Primo FC for going to DIV 1

with respect FC ROMANIA's no.9

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the hatred towards romania is deserved.
i hope the referees in div 1 crack down on romania's constant simulation and play acting.
that being said, romania's win is also deserved. they are a good squad.
congratulations.

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You don't know what respect is no.9. You're just lucky you're playing on a good squad and no. 8 is keeping u guys together. Spitting in our guys face is not forgotten; good riddance.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0