Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2008/2009 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREM
ICSF Inter
Richmond Club Ireland "A"
Van Tech School Turf
Fri/ 8.00pm
PREM
Sporting Club "A"
Serbian White Eagles
Byrne Creek Turf
Fri/ 8.00pm
PREM
Delta Metro United
West Van FC "A"
TBA
TBA
PREM
Surrey United "A"
Westside FC "A"
Cloverdale Athletic
Sat/ 12.00pm
PREM
Coquitlam-Metro-Ford "A"
Columbus-Clan FC
Town Center Turf
Sat/ 2.00pm

PREM
Croatia SC
Norvan Eagles
Hastings Bowl South
Sun/ 2.00pm

Here we go....again. One for the road:wa:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van and Delta are at Holly Park turf at 9 in somewhere south of the Fraser River on Friday eve.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van and Delta are at Holly Park turf at 9 in somewhere south of the Fraser River on Friday eve.

there are 2 games scheduled at the same time at the moment. i would think the div 1 Rangers game will be moved to saturday but you should know this as i dont think it has clicked with the league yet.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How bad is the VMSL hurting for fields, eh? Van Tech Turf, Holy Turf, Brynee Creek Turf, SFU turf, Coquitlam Turf, Kersidale turf? Bloody Friday night league now. The only grass games will be Cloverdale, Ambleside (for like 2 months) and Hasting bowl (as long as it's open)

You don't even have own a pair of 6 studs anymore...

What happened to Adanac, Beacons Field and the like?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How bad is the VMSL hurting for fields, eh? Van Tech Turf, Holy Turf, Brynee Creek Turf, SFU turf, Coquitlam Turf, Kersidale turf? Bloody Friday night league now. The only grass games will be Cloverdale, Ambleside (for like 2 months) and Hasting bowl (as long as it's open)

Drove past Adanac yesterday. Looked great. Surprised its being used in Div II and Div III...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cross out Ambleside as looking at the schedule, looks like West Van will be using the turf as well :eek:

You can also add Minoru Turf and Confederation Turf to the list.

By my count, only 3 of the 12 teams have a grass pitch for their home games - Slurrey, Croats, Clanbus with the latter 2 sharing the same one!

Anyone know what is up with Kinsmen Stadium? To not have this field being used in the Premier division is a shame :(

I read last week that the BCSA had a "workshop" with senior league reps... isn't there something that the BCSA can do to put pressure on the various districts to open up some good grass fields for senior soccer?

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kinsmen was used this past Summer for play in NV. It's my understanding, that it is going to be used for games late Spring, and Summers only!

It's usually flooded most of the Winter

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's Kersidale?:confused: Secret code for Point Grey?

Yes, the VMSL is hurting for fields. Then again, so is anybody who wants to play soccer in Vancouver; see the 14 million previous threads addressing this issue. FFS, we lost allotments to Ultimate at Van Tech already, and they don't even need a field with goalposts.:mad: This is the sad state of affairs in this city, and indicative of the mindset of the morons who run our parks board.

...thus endeth the rant for today.

Trece

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quickly looking through the lower divisions in the league and it seems there are still plenty of grass fields being used (no idea on the quality of each). Interesting that most are also slotted for 2PM sat/sun

So perhaps it is a matter of the league trying to ensure quality pitches (turf) for Premier no matter what the weather conditions.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does Vancouver do field allocation differently than the Fraser Valley, we play on whatever home field I tell them I have. It's the club (or team) that finds it's own home field, through each municipalities field allocation meetings. And for the most part fields are grandfathered.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know what is up with Kinsmen Stadium? To not have this field being used in the Premier division is a shame :(

From what I have heard, Norvan wants to play Premeir and CAT games back to back on Kinsmen on saturday afternoons, but the city is still up in the air about that. No better place on the shore or even the city for a game on the weekend.
I think it sucks that the league has turned into all turf play, may as well just play games at night, during the week or weekend, would get more people out to watch. What has happened to all the great soccer (grass) complexes in the city, are they all for softball/baseball now, no more soccer on grass, that is very very sad, the way the game should be played, I used to use only sixes in the winter, my turfs were for training.

hos

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What has happened to all the great soccer (grass) complexes in the city, are they all for softball/baseball now, no more soccer on grass, that is very very sad, the way the game should be played, I used to use only sixes in the winter, my turfs were for training.

hos

Can't even blame softball/baseball... Hillcrest got pillaged by a fcuking Olympic curling rink / community center / swimming pool :mad:

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys don't know how lucky you are to have the fields that are availble to play on.........

Where's Kersidale?:confused: Secret code for Point Grey?

Yes, the VMSL is hurting for fields. Then again, so is anybody who wants to play soccer in Vancouver; see the 14 million previous threads addressing this issue. FFS, we lost allotments to Ultimate at Van Tech already, and they don't even need a field with goalposts.:mad: This is the sad state of affairs in this city, and indicative of the mindset of the morons who run our parks board.

...thus endeth the rant for today.

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0