Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Airport League

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awesome showing by Justice in week 1 - 7 guys out. Malt & Barley lent us two and Hoffman instead of reffing played with us.

I'd be worried about that team folding. A few of the 7 who showed up said they couldnt make it often.

United Nations looking like they were beating up on whoever tehy were playing next to us.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"tehy?"

Yes, the Shites and Giggles League is back underway for the summer.

A poor showing as we (Spurz) got spanked by the Rattler and his Westside friends disguised as UN. Score was 5-1; Father John was his usual clinical self in the middle. We missed several players as well; 12 old farts (a couple of whom haven't even seen a ball since last summer) weren't enough to keep up with the 16 gazelles and some could barely keep up with Pete.:rolleyes: I've been promised a better showing for subsequent games; 6:30 kick-off while fighting Richmond traffic reeks.

Missing in action were the rest of our TTP contigent, including some guy named fcbytca who promised me Monday that he would "not go face on sushi before a game and get sidetracked again." Gurps - all is forgiven; please come home. No Taterheed either.

Highlight at least for us was probably Tommy dribbling through their whole team from the back for our 1 goal. I think one guy (Ren) is still looking for his shorts...

At least the Rattler didn't score...:rolleyes:

Trece

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys this league is in serious trouble of having only 5 teams; the La Furia has only 5 players (and those 5 players are joining AC) New West Celtic did not show up against Air Canada, for a new team that's not a good sign.

Maybe the years of this league dragging on all summer until the end of August with no real prize has put it in the position it is today?

Seems like the teams that will field teams for the year are:

Air Canada
Canadians
Malt N Barley
Spurs
United Nations

La Furia is done as a squad Justice seems like they may be in the tank and New West Celtic has not played a game as of yet.

The positive out of this is that the season would end before August!

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah it looks that way.

Free Beer on justice and we still cant guys out...wtf

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece, it came to my attention that my manager schedule is different from the actual schedule, so on my mngr. schedule i had a day off, while i was actually working 1 to 10 pm. Kinda shittyyy, anyways i should be out for a run on Mon and Wed, by the looks of it, I managed to find another team to play for on Mon at 8rinks that plays after us. By the way, where did u guys dissapear on Mon. I was looking for you guys.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
it used to be the best beeezr league ever... can we not just consolidate into 4 teams and have done with it? it would be a shame to see it go down the shitter. there's a whole lot of forgettable history at stake here. ie Banner contingent.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
kjohn:

What happened to all the guys from the Reds that used to play for you? I was talking to El Presidente Larry after, and he didn't mention any problems getting players out for Justice. Barley usually have enough players to field two teams, I'm surprised that some of them haven't done that at all. Apparently Celtic and Canadians are supposed to be talking about some kind of joint effort...

Tuna: who are you playing for? I've been in this league for a very long time, and I agree - it used to be a lot of fun, even with the goofballs on Banner like Crazy, drunk Al, and Roddy the 4 foot keeper. Gotta admit, I've never seen any other team have their beer guy pull up for a game on his bike while towing the cooler behind him like a trailer....

Maybe not the best league in terms of skilled players, but what are you expecting, FFS? At least it's not the Consulting Engineers' League, where you have players who are more familiar with chasing frisbees than soccer balls...:rolleyes:

Trece

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UN 5 Spurs 1

Stews lot had a couple of chances that were not mentioned but all in all it was a pretty heavily dominated game by the UN contingent. I would have scored had I not wanted to put my fist through tom's head ( never take a peno when angry you usually wind up hitting the next field with it ) . It's unfortunate to hear about the recent no shows of teams and it would be good of their managers to clean it up before the season keeps moving forward. The only players for westside that were there was wheels and myself , we do have a few new young lads coming out though to help the beer fund. It's a shame to see a half decent evening event dwindling down , but I guess it's just natural if we keep letting Uncle John be the head referee every year :) Well hopefully teams find players fast and everything works itself out , good luck to all in the upcoming season.

cheers , the rattler

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jonsey and mini-tard were two of the 7 out, tard flaked and colin had to...babysit?

I dont know who else plays for the reds...

I'd try to get my fall team to come out but they all are surrey/langley boys so it wont work for them.

I'll give Secret Azian Man a call tomorrow and see what's up.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
kjohn:

Tuna: who are you playing for? I've been in this league for a very long time, and I agree - it used to be a lot of fun, even with the goofballs on Banner like Crazy, drunk Al, and Roddy the 4 foot keeper. Gotta admit, I've never seen any other team have their beer guy pull up for a game on his bike while towing the cooler behind him like a trailer....

Trece

Trece,

I'm on UN's reserve squad, so they only call me when they desperately need an 11th.

I agree, those were the days of some true characters in the league. I joined Banner as a 19 year old fresh faced puke and saw some things that I'll never be able to repeat to my grand kids.

I really hope that the league is able to pull it together.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
kjohn:

Mini-tard = Warren Mack?:D
Secret Azian Man... LOL
Where's Ronny?

Colin must have been babysitting his brother.:rolleyes:

We're supposed to be playing Celtic on Wednesday; I'd rather get a phone call tonight than show up at the park and have to arrange a scrimmage. Hope they get it together. At the very least, we'll help you out with the free beer.

Tuna:

Always looked forward to the Banner/Barley games being played next to us because we knew there would be at least a couple of rhubarbs to either cheer on or laugh at. Then again, we used to think that Honda Park was in decent shape then, too...

Rattler:

I know I saw Petey playing for you guys in the winter; wasn't sure where all the young gazelles play. Tommy's hit on you looked more awkward than planned; he's definitely not as skinny as he used to be before we put him on the o35 diet (hi-cal beers).:D

Trece

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah yes I forgot the Pete played this winter due to his lack of playing time tapering off before the end of the season. It wasn't really a hit it could be construed more as a retarded chop (he's done such things throughout his stay in our camp as well). As for teams not showing again call someone and let us know it's not that much fun dragging a bunch of guys out who don't get to play due to the other team pulling a boner no show. Good luck the rest of the way trece.

cheers , the rattler

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must be fcukin' psychic...

11:15 phone call from El Presidente Larry this morning. Celtic have bailed, so we are moved over to South Arm #1 to play Vaselos and Air Furia (La Canada?) tonight. Thanks for the warning.:rolleyes:

Trece

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece, it's just Air Canada no Furia. Thanks for the run last night I needed to get some of that Honeymoon Fat off.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Justice had 4 guys out..so we ordered pizza and drank the free beer.

Anyone need three guys?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vaselos:

Thanks for the run last night I needed to get some of that Honeymoon Fat off.
Glad we could help you with that...:rolleyes: Where did you pick up the fcukin' gazelle up front? i swear, the kid didn't run, he bounced.

kjohnsob:

Sure, we'll take the 3 guys, but we'd rather have the free beer. Are you going to have enough players to make up a team tomorrow night? El Presidente Larry hasn't phoned me yet, so as far as I know we're still on. Better order more pizza...

Mañana,

Trece

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
wish I knew. none of my guys will come from langley especially after playing tuesday.

I just show up and drink.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0