Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 BC Provincial Cup Draws Webcast

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sadly, the bunny suit had too many stains on it so we threw it out (we as in my partner and I) :(

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie is right sneds, Peg won a few years ago, so the tourney really can't be that good, more lucky, just ask Cappy, he has all the luck right now:D

hos

Dracula, Indeed we did require a little bit of luck to finally win that National title...the final went to penos. However, we also won the Imperial and Provincial Cup that year, which makes us the best amateur team in Canada....except for the Callies (they finished last that year but were unlucky)...and maybe Indo. Oh yeah, and West Van.

Looking back, the fortunes of the Pegasus club really changed when a certain suitcase goalkeeper packed his bags one more time and headed for Burnaby with his garlic necklace and sombrero.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
God i love stiring it up! Hands of Stone (CJ) i have to disagree with your comment about peg they won it like 5 years ago! not a few. And they were a very good team with depth which a lot of vancouver teams do not have. Reedie as for talent your right there are more quality players in van but it is so spread out. The alberta major league is a better quality league with top notch coaches and teams with depth so every week is a battle that is why Callies are better prepared when it comes to nationals and we are usually in the final. Why don't you guys bring a all-star team to calgary August long weekend and see how you fair $5,000 to winner

The overall picture Reedie is shocking and it starts with the organizers and the people in charge of the leagues straight from youth to men's and women's leagues that is why Canada sucks at the world stage. Plus who the feck hires Nick Dasovic to coach and Dale mitchell man are we going int he right direction. Steven Hart should have stayed as canada's boss big mistake. Had chance to chat with Steven Hart when i went back to Halifax for College nationals and the things he said are shocking the people in charge of Canadian Soccer are usless and they did not like the way canada played at the Gold Cup

Sneds, you are contradicting yourself if you think the overall quality is better in Vancouver but you still believe an all star team from Alberta would win. Even though I'm not involved with the Premier League at the moment, I'd be happy to select a team myself, take them to Alberta for a weekend on your nickle (hey, you're rich bitch), and coach them (assisted by Alan Ferris, COACH and Mini-Maurinho of course) to a comfortable victory over the best 11 you can lasso away from the rodeo that weekend. You can make the $5000 cheque payable to: The Robin Regnier Foundation for Gay Prostitution. We trust you will also select a meaningful charity to forward the funds in the unlikely event you should win.

RE: National teams etc...Dasovich and Mitchell aren't the problem at all. Both good hires in my view and quite honestly coaching is the least of our country's concerns...The problem is the National systems in place and the people continuing to run amok within it...it is a "fragmented shambles" that requires Mrs. Karen Peschisolido to come into town, knock a few heads, and get it done right...we need "like-minded people with the right energy and ideas at the helm"...but I digress. You know the one positive that could really change everything for soccer in this country is Toronto FC and the MLS...If we could ever get that kind of corporate and fan support in Montreal, Vancouver and (gasp) even Alberta, we might see Canada back in another World Cup...with a Callies logo on their jersey and a 400 pound, 5'4 manager.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie....getting stuck into TTP.....nicely done. :D

RF, When I saw Captian Shamrock come out of TTP retirement for the 16th time I knew it was safe to return. Plus I have a wife and kid now so, other than heavy drinking, there's not much better stress relief than teeing off on some has-beens and never-was'

Best of luck against the WVAN boys by the way...looking forward to an entertaining match...would fancy you to man mark Bro out of the game and swallow little mini-Maurinho whole after the match, jacket and all.

Cheers

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF, When I saw Captian Shamrock come out of TTP retirement for the 16th time I knew it was safe to return. Plus I have a wife and kid now so, other than heavy drinking, there's not much better stress relief than teeing off on some has-beens and never-was'

Best of luck against the WVAN boys by the way...looking forward to an entertaining match...would fancy you to man mark Bro out of the game and swallow little mini-Maurinho whole after the match, jacket and all.

Cheers

Conjures up an image of RF as King Kong on the empire state building. Although we're lacking the building, maybe RF could climb the highest point of the Lion's Gate Bridge whilst swallowing him whole?

Photoshop, anyone?

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conjures up an image of RF as King Kong on the empire state building. Although we're lacking the building, maybe RF could climb the highest point of the Lion's Gate Bridge whilst swallowing him whole?

Photoshop, anyone?

Indeed.

Of course it wouldn't be complete until King Kong releived himself of the intestinal blockage that a little Italian tapa would surely create, directly upon the head of Larrson.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed.

Of course it wouldn't be complete until King Kong releived himself of the intestinal blockage that a little Italian tapa would surely create, directly upon the head of Larrson.

:eek:

The horror. Please stop.

I think I need a hug.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Reedie finally you guys are taking the piss! i have never laughed so hard. Sorry ,Reedie but i have to agree and disagree with you. Poor choices of coaches absolutely shocking ! as for the whole make-up of canadian soccer i agree that from the ground up there should be a sweep of changes. I also agree that Toronto FC will help and hopefull montreal and vancouver get in as well. But these teams should be made up of mostly canadians and the coaches of these teams should go watch the National Championships and pick a few players from there. I hate to say but the best player to come out of canada plays for england and manchester united two huge soccer powers of the world. Can someone top that! Oh i almost forgot he came from CALGARY and was coached by Dave Randall Calllies!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
larsson,
The MLS Rules state that there must be a minimum amount of Canadians on the rosters for Canadian teams (which is part of the reason TO is so shite)
Montreal will have an MLS team inside the next two years, sadly Vancity probably will not due to the never ending political fiasco surrounding the waterfornt stadium proposal.
The MLS has stated many times they are capping the # of MLS teams soon to avoid a replay of the NASL mess in the early 80's

Hargreaves is a prick, he never kicked a ball in his life for an english based team, if he was to cap for another team than Canada it should have been Germany, and good luck cracking that team with the likes of Borowski, Frings, Ballack, Schweinsteiger, etc in the middle... Other than gerrard and Lampard(ho-hum) Englands Midfield is average at best.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
spot on, with the most powerful teams in the universe....england is in whose group at Euro's???? if by best player you mean owen hargreaves....he's a solid player, no question, I'm sure he thanks his lucky stars he had that valuable time in alberta to hone his craft....christ is it the 12:30 heroin break already in Alberta?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to bring us totally off topic, but on the issue of the MLS…

The reason why it is so badly needed is to give our best players a place to play at a reasonably good level at home, with the opportunity to make reasonably good money. The two big problems w/ the USL is that:

1. The level of overall quality isn’t where it needs to be.
2. The salaries aren’t at a reasonable enough level to allow the players to focus 100% of their footballing careers.

How can we build a program when our domestic pros need to worry about keeping a day job just so they can contribute to play at a professional level?

The reason why we need the MLS franchises to support a Canadian ratio is exactly the same reason why they needed the same rules for the original American teams: to ensure the national caliber players play together year round. By providing the players w/ the proper professional environment, and fair yearly salaries, you allow them to focus on the game, and being their best. They also allowed some imports (not sure the number) to sprinkle in some higher caliber talent, which in turn also helps raise the bar.

By having an import restriction and a ration requiring a certain number of Canadians, you will be forcing the Canadian players to raise their level of competitiveness to their American counterparts. No, it won’t happen over one season, but in 3 years you’ll start to see a greater level of parity.

You can’t tell me that the US is a better footballing nation than Canada at the grass roots level. Where they separate themselves is that they have a better domestic professional league that is able to retain players, and develop them. Having this professional structure in place then filters back down through the feeder systems, while providing the National and provincial organizations a common goal to work towards.

Agree 100% w/ JBN as well regarding that cnuting turcoat Hargraves.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't disagree with you there- except for the grass roots level. By this I mean we have thousands of little kids playing the game.

That said, it all falls apart after U-8.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...because they spend the money Cappy.

Do you honestly think that Seattle and their port authority would give the Sounders Ownership group grief if they offered to build a stadium!?

The americans do one thing really well, identify what brings community together and helps overcome hurdles and obstacles such as race, religion etc...which is sports. You hear that the yanks are still a pretty racist and caste aware society...But the seahawks games and tailgating sees blacks, whites, hispanics, and asians from slums to bellvue all hanging out, drinking and BBQ'ing together, cheering together etc...the pride the folks there show for the Hawks is unreal...

They build (rightly or wrongly) huge, massive expensive stadia for Pro sports teams and fund them with tax dollars...

Politically they find the will there, we sadly will not let a businessman that just so happens to own a sports team build a new park for his team because the fear mongers have politico'ed the port authority into believing that it is just a diversion so Kerfoot can develop the waterfront!?

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Reedie finally you guys are taking the piss! i have never laughed so hard. Sorry ,Reedie but i have to agree and disagree with you. Poor choices of coaches absolutely shocking ! as for the whole make-up of canadian soccer i agree that from the ground up there should be a sweep of changes. I also agree that Toronto FC will help and hopefull montreal and vancouver get in as well. But these teams should be made up of mostly canadians and the coaches of these teams should go watch the National Championships and pick a few players from there. I hate to say but the best player to come out of canada plays for england and manchester united two huge soccer powers of the world. Can someone top that! Oh i almost forgot he came from CALGARY and was coached by Dave Randall Calllies!

Funny I don't remember Colin( his dad) ever mentioning Dave Randall. And I also thought that he played for the Foothills. You are probable right, you live there now. I lived there a long time ago when Colin and my dad would play together for lads club. I would hear all about young Owen and the great german coaches they had. Same circumstances as Kevin McKenna, same club, same coaches, same country as a pro, Germany. But you are probably right since you now live in gods country. Overnight low of -14, and chances of flurries on Friday.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0