Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 BCS Championship Game, Ohio State vs. Louisiana State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Vegas has LSU as a 4 point favorite, why are you setting odds that favor Ohio State here? :confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Something tells me OSU odds should have been 2.4 not 1.4 which is unlucky since OSU will destroy LSU tonight.

Perhaps.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Odds are taken from Willhill. Unfortunately i don't have access to will hill from work.... i'm not sure why??? :rolleyes: but can someone check that out please. Maybe we abandoned the event.... Seeing i will win more tokens with odds of 2.4 than the 1.4 !!!!

Bronco bet some of those tokens i gave you!!! :D I may donate some more to you if needed....

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone verify the odds please.... and if need be i will edit them. Unless i'm not allowed too???

Thanks

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was the line when I first posted this. Unless of course I wasn't wearing my glasses. :eek:

Having said that, no one is forced to bet if they do not like the odds.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All good as LSU won. Sir M i fixed the payout and bets good till as it was set for january 8 for some reason.

LSU wins..... Event Settled.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would imagine the line was off because WillHill took in a LOT of money on Ohio and wanted more people to bet LSU.

LSU was always favoured, in fact by as much as 6.5, so I would come to the conclusion that my above statement is correct, or Sir M misread the line.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does the sweater-vest keep his job?
"The" Ohio State put in a better effort than last year, but still come up short.

In reality the game should have probably been USC vs LSU, but that is the BCS for you.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tressel keeps his job. He continues to beat the team that matters, Michigan unlike his predecessors( John Cooper especially). He has also got them to 2 straight national championship games. Not sure why they would fire him and who they could replace him with that could do a better job. LSU Defensive co-ordinator Bo Pelini, now head coach at Nebraska, if succesful there, would be a candidate to replace Tressel down the road as he is a former Buckeye player and Captain but don't see anyone replacing the Sweater-vest unless he decides to retire and walk away from the job.

They were never going to beat a superior LSU team that had more speed, better athletes, played in a tougher conference and has more future NFL'ers. The Tigers while they did lose 2 games, lost them both in OT. I did not understand why someone people thought the Buckeyes were going to win.

What i want to know is what sort of shape LSU will be in next year after thhey lose some coaches to other schools and the run Michigan made at Les Miles.

Totally agree the game should have been USC and LSU but USC were hurt during the meaty part of their schedule and that killed their chances. What is really too bad is the crap games the BCS put up this year. The Rose Bowl really needs to lose the PAc 10 Big 10 ,matchup. I know tradition is great and all but i need to see some better football games. Unless they can guarantee me all Keith Jackson announced Rose Bowls for life. In that case i would watch the game if it was PAcific Lutheran University vs Mount Union. Whoaaaaaa Nellllly!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction Notre Dame will be in the BCS Championship game in 3 years!!!

MMhhmmmmmm :eek:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They very well could be. they have a lot of young guys who played this year at positions normally reserved for older classmen. The line had a bunch of freshman play as well as the QB position. It is going to be interesting to see if Weis can turn things around for next year because another disaterous year like the past one would see him without the head coach job and them looking to hire someone new. IT is really going to depend on how their skill position players develop in the next 2 years. They should certainly be in the picture in the pre-season talks. just a question in if they can produce when the time comes.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
alos, i would to like to thank the my Illegal sattelite guy, without whom my college football and basketball jones would never be satsified.

Cheers Mahendra.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
time for the old debate on why NCAA football needs to protect the 'education' of their football players by having bowl season instead of a playoffs, kind of like the students that must be getting a poor education like Basketball ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0