Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2008 Division 2/3 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh are playing in div3 but they play mid level div 1 football
I watched there game on sunday 6ft7inch keeper great sweeper strong mids one and &2 touch passing we are in for a very tough game.

You have to say that, Smartcoach.......imagine losing to a division 3 team? :D ;)

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have to say that, Smartcoach.......imagine losing to a division 3 team? :D ;)
Captain you seem coherent could it be because it is not 3am .
I assume you were under tremendous pressure this season i do understand.
i wish you the luck of the Irish in imperial cup and CI in promo from div 1
I did recognise some of the desmesh players from royal united div 1 last season
I do hope you can now sleep.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain you seem coherent could it be because it is not 3am .
I assume you were under tremendous pressure this season i do understand.
i wish you the luck of the Irish in imperial cup and CI in promo from div 1

I'm always coherent, SmartCoach, at least to me. As for tremendous pressure........no, not at all. Good luck against Desmesh.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh is Royal United of last year +/- a few players. They should be competing in Div2 for sure next year. With the expected movement of 4 teams down from Div 1, things will be much more competitive next year. Best of luck to all the teams left in Cup.

Fileh

Jan 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right...did I miss something? We lost in PK's to SU. That's cup play for you...and SU was the better team. Did I say somewhere that we were a great team?

My point is we (2B) have 5-6 very evenly matched teams and you never know how the quality in your own division matches up with 2A and 2C UNTIL CUP ;). 2 out of 4 remaining teams is a pretty good indication I think. And Squamish lost in PK's or it would have been 3 out of 4 :rolleyes:

Sorry, I forget which great division 2 team you play for again? One of the final 4 I'll assume? Thought so...

Unfortunately it's very hard to make this assessment, because the draw put a few games between teams of the same group on the preliminary stages (Hellas x Unicorns, C Men x GD , Squamish x BU). I think that the cup is a different tournament and any bad journey can change the final result.

Rangers hadn't lost on Div 2A since september/2007. GN was undefeated until the CUP game. Bombastic has been the best team so far.

One game can change everything.

hajduk

Aug 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only one team goes up from Div.03 and it looks like Burnaby Luchadores will be goin up with three games remaining and a 4 point lead on Desmesh. Another year for Desmesh in Div.03. Its too bad for them that only one team goes up from Div.03 this year.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only one team goes up from Div.03 and it looks like Burnaby Luchadores will be goin up with three games remaining and a 4 point lead on Desmesh. Another year for Desmesh in Div.03. Its too bad for them that only one team goes up from Div.03 this year.
Burnaby luchadores are croatia B div 1 cat from 2006 season & and are stronger than most div2 teams if they get fit .

Oct 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, I forget which great division 2 team you play for again? One of the final 4 I'll assume? Thought so...[/QUOTE]

I'm a Belmont alumni. I played back in the day when we were successful on the pitch and didn't have to get on this site to over-inflate our team's abilities.;)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm a Belmont alumni. I played back in the day when we were successful on the pitch and didn't have to get on this site to over-inflate our team's abilities.;)

Right...do me a favour and search my old posts and find me a post where I overinflated our abilities. If anything I go the other way. As for success, I don't remember any with this group. Great guys (since you left ;)) and good times but no success. Same then as now...mid to top of the division with no threat of winning it. ;)

Bandcampostswinlosedrawandwhenhisweirdostalkercomesout

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmesh 1 - 0 Westside Rino

Nice day, good ref, and pretty good game of footie. Two skilled teams battled it out, being separated only by a penalty shot. I though the 1st half was pretty even, but in the 2nd half Desmesh found another gear and came out really strong. One rash tackle gave away the pk and to their credit Desmesh kept coming, keeping us under pressure for stretches of the game. We had a few half-chances to tie, but for the most part found it very difficult to get a clear shot against their D. They are young, fit, and skilled and should do well in their remaining games. Good luck to all of the teams in the semis.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Bombastic on a fantastic season on winning the Division 2 cup against a very talented and skilled Desmesh team and on getting promoted to Division 1 in the same season. Well done boys.

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the final game between Desmesh and Bombastic and it was pretty exciting. Bombastic seemed to thump balls forward to their big man up front and to generate chances like that, whereas Desmesh played the ball on the feet and made chances by doing so. The possesion was probably 70 for Desmesh and 30 for Bombastic, but Desmesh showed inexperience as it lacked the finish in the final third.

Bombastic scored on a brilliant volley from about the 18 on a neat cross, no chance for the goalie. Desmesh came back with 3 or 4 great chances but shot over the net , got blocked, or made an extra move.

2nd half was much of the same with Bombastic lobbing balls to their big fella trying to bring it down. They didnt have too many chances in the 2nd half besides one that was cleared of the line and a goal they scored on a broken play to make it 2-0. The forward showed some good patience on what seemed to be a missed assignment by Desmesh.

After that they seemed to have about 10 percent posession as they were hemmed in their own end and kicked balls over the fence constantly. Desmesh had tons of chances and Bombastic seemed to give them room on the 18, but couldn't buy a goal. They got one back on a nice strike from the 18 with about 20 left and it seemed like they could pull another back.

Only problem was the ref. This guy was so clueless. Desmesh was pretty choked, and rightfully so. He made some BRUTAL offside calls, one at the end where the player did a helicopter turn to make sure he was onside, got to the ball with the goalie running out, only to have it called back.

The fouls were ridiculous, but the funniest part was when both balls went over the fence(which happened alot) he told the Desmesh player that time wouldn't be stopped and would keep running until they got those balls back.
I also time the halves, its just something I always do. And even with the "stopped time" it came to 41 minutes.

Besides the ref it was a good game, with contrasting styles. Congrats to Bombastic on the win, and it will be fun to see how these 2 teams stack up against the others in B provincials.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't the cup final have assistants running the lines? Wouldn't they be in position to make correct offside calls?

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't the cup final have assistants running the lines? Wouldn't they be in position to make correct offside calls?

There were linesmen, but this ref had a mind of his own. Im no ref, but if someone on the far side who has no intention of playing the ball is offside, and the ball is layed to the other end with someone who is a good 10 feet onside, is their advantage, or is the ref supposed to call that? He called it down ALOT in those instances.

The one at the end was ridiculous though, there was only one guy upfront and atleast 2 defenders goalside to him when it was kicked.

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ahahh no, it was some old eastern european with glasses. The Bombastic players said he screwed with them a week earlier, so kinda felt sorry for the Desmesh guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0