Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Nations Cup

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
you'll find it
... it's 20 minutes from where you left it just gotta figure out which direction
I believe that was your plan with the nuts and bolts

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any Updates ?
Men's Open
Portugal 3-2 Korea
See-saw battle that saw Korea tie the game up within minutes after each Portugal goal...Portugal notch the winner and then held on for dear life.

China 1-1 Fiji
Didn't hear much about this game except it was pretty dull.

Canada 3-1 England
England scores in the first minute, Canada equalize before half I believe, then Lucas Barrett runs rampant over England, killing them off with 2 more goals in the second half.

Germany 3-0 Scotland
Ze Germans looked solid throughout and were fully deserved with their victory...could have actually notched a fourth in the final minutes as their counter-attack was killing Scotland...a dour start for Millar's tartan-Norvan army!:eek:

India 3 or 4-0 Argentina
I heard Argentina didn't play too bad early on, but India took over in the 2nd half banging in a bunch...sets up an interesting battle against us Saturday morning.

Ireland 1-0 Croatia
A battle of the midfield, which Croatia won most of the game...thankfully they didn't know what to do in the final third of the pitch. The Croats had a couple of chances, which Sixfvy saved well. We defended well and looked more dangerous down the flanks, creating most of our chances from outside and the set-pieces we earned. Credit to Niko Marcina and the other 2 center-mids who played some lovely football through the middle of the park for Croatia...unfortunately for them and fortunately for us, they left Steve Dickinson too isolated up front. 2nd half saw us earn a late PK after Gus was hauled down from behind...2nd yellow and a resulting red for the Darko...Horvath stepped up and slotted the PK cooly past the GK. With less than a minute to go, we play a long ball to which Gus arrives at the ball the same time as the GK, who is well out of his box...Gus gets his foot up on the ball and pokes it out for a throw-in before the GK, who is already swinging through and ends up kicking Gus' boot, takes a huge somersault dive, then rolls around on the turf at hyper-speed and screaming...what a fcuking embarassment, not only to himself, but to the Croatia squad too!!!:eek: As soon as the ref showed a straight red to Gus, the Croatian GK bounces up to his feet and runs back into his goal...the ref completely fell for the GK's antics and should be ashamed of himself as a result. Hopefully Gus only gets one game, if not, we will vehemently appeal, as it is the Croatian GK who should have been sent off for his antics and gamesmanship. The irony is, the GK obviously felt some level of guilt after the game, as he felt he had to prove himself by trying to attack some of our Irish supporters as they walked towards the beer garden after the game, then one of his moron friends tried to take a run at some of our supporters & players too...thankfully some of the senior Croatian supporters intervened and sent their guys away...bloody hell!!! On to Saturday's big match against India!

Men's O-30's
India 1-0 Scotland
Disgraceful refereeing in this one...a long high ball into the Scotland 18-yard box which HOS comes out for and punches with two fists, beating the India player, but crushing his defender...ball goes out for a corner...2-second delay, then the ref screeches his whistle and points at the penalty spot. How on earth he came up with this decision is beyond anyone, including the India supporters behind the goal who even yelled at the referee his decision was shocking!!! Feel sorry for you on that one HOS...completely undeserved. India notches the PK and then Scotland press, creating several decent chances, but no finish...game finishes as is.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 0 Ireland 1

Where the fcku do you guys find these ref's..... What an embarassment to the game. We knew it was going to be a fckued up game, first 5 mins the Irish keeper punches the ball outside the box, clearly a couple of yards as the last man. The ref, barely gave us the free kick and no Fkucing card?? R u Fckuing kidding me?? I think the rule is straight red, isn't it?? Then it was all down hill with the ref....

We played solid. Just couldn't score. Some good scoring chances, but that was that. Ireland had one shot that hit the crossbar in the last 10 and that was about it.

As for the PK, even the Irish player taken down told our guy that he whiffed on the ball, and darko tapped the ball, then grabbed his shoulder.... the ref's comments after the game?? confusing as fkcuing hell, as he changed his story 3 times in that few minutes of discussion. Sorta like reading Mr Base's posts!

Ireland was lucky to get the win..... Unlucky for us.....

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over 30's
Italy 2 Germany 1
Some dodgy calls in this one as well. We hung in there after a few close ones.
Unlucky to the German player who went down and suffered what looked like a serious knee injury. On to England tomorrow for another good battle.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 0 Ireland 1

We knew it was going to be a fckued up game, first 5 mins the Irish keeper punches the ball outside the box, clearly a couple of yards as the last man. The ref, barely gave us the free kick and no Fkucing card?? R u Fckuing kidding me?? I think the rule is straight red, isn't it?? Then it was all down hill with the ref....

Keep dreaming... i came out of the box and kicked the ball. Evidently it deflected off your forward who was trying to get out of my way... and it bounced off of me. I had no idea it had hit me at all until we talked about it after the game. Calling it a punch is pure sour grapes, mate.

As for the PK, even the Irish player taken down told our guy that he whiffed on the ball, and darko tapped the ball, then grabbed his shoulder.... the ref's comments after the game?? confusing as fkcuing hell, as he changed his story 3 times in that few minutes of discussion. Sorta like reading Mr Base's posts!

Ireland was lucky to get the win..... Unlucky for us.....

This one i have less of an opinion on... as it was about 80 yards from me. But it looked fairly plain as Angus was hauled down in the box. Seemed like the easiest call of the game. Anyone with an independent opinion???

End of the day, a win is a win. Fcuk yah baby!

PS Burnro... i will be buying all of Matt's pints for the weekend. Do NOT let him pay for a single bevy. Keep track and let me know what my tab comes to. Guinness... fcuk off. You can buy your own.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep dreaming... i came out of the box and kicked the ball. Evidently it deflected off your forward who was trying to get out of my way... and it bounced off of me. I had no idea it had hit me at all until we talked about it after the game. Calling it a punch is pure sour grapes, mate..

UR kidding me right?? Even some of teh India fans that were watching both games were like WTF?? Oh well i guess we're all blind then.....

This one i have less of an opinion on... as it was about 80 yards from me. But it looked fairly plain as Angus was hauled down in the box. Seemed like the easiest call of the game. Anyone with an independent opinion???

Ur kidding me right?? Why don't you talk with Angus and ask him his thoughts and his exact words to Darko at the time. Even he was like Wow....

I guess you need a lil luck on your side, and the Irish had it this day.

Congrats! :rolleyes:

Our boys did play some good soccer. Just unlucky. Hope for 2 results against Argentina/India...... and a whole lot of help......

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the game last night and I believe there was only 1 Norvan player on that team, but I did hear that Millar was supposed to have a bunch of West Van players who did not show up.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have updated the website...look at the schedule for the results!!!

Looks like another nice day out a Boyd:)

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the game last night and I believe there was only 1 Norvan player on that team, but I did hear that Millar was supposed to have a bunch of West Van players who did not show up.

Somewhat true... 2 Norvan players and 2 WV players were playing.
3 WV players pulled out of last nights game due to work, wedding and injury...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no hope if you drop your first game in a tournament like that.India is a good glub and also game fit.They play many Eastindian tournaments. Argentina also has a good side they play in Latino Americano league. Or multy calture league. Team must play as a unit atleast seven to eight games to get the flow. Set plays and finishing was way off.
Most of all last tatch is not good enough to finish. Only resalts speak the trouth... It is good to see lots of young guys on the team. Now all you need is a U21 to develop them kids.Only two guys can play at premier level next year.Using more will send the club to div one. Cheers better luck to day.Club I is a good side. Nice soccer boys.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no hope if you drop your first game in a tournament like that.India is a good glub and also game fit.They play many Eastindian tournaments. Argentina also has a good side they play in Latino Americano league. Or multy calture league. Team must play as a unit atleast seven to eight games to get the flow. Set plays and finishing was way off.
Most of all last tatch is not good enough to finish. Only resalts speak the trouth... It is good to see lots of young guys on the team. Now all you need is a U21 to develop them kids.Only two guys can play at premier level next year.Using more will send the club to div one. Cheers better luck to day.Club I is a good side. Nice soccer boys.

What the hell are you trying to say?:confused:

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updated again. The Open Men's and Womens and the Over 30's is finished for the day. There are some interesting matchups tomorrow in all three divisions.
Cheers,
Lean

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanee what i pointed out. You guys lost your game and that that.I wached the game. You guys have tomany kids on the team. Nice to see yet it is very dificalt to win with kids.
That level of tournamen you must have guys in late twenties to do any damage.
As far playing seven or eight games, what i ment you guys should go to tournaments across the line before Nations Cup to get the team to flow.
What was the sore in your game or games today. I did not go.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Base
Basically go away

You have already destroyed One thread

Now give back Capt. Shamrocks Bike b4 U hurt yourself
it's really only in your best interest

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are you guys at home posting on TTP and not taking it to the town on a Saturday night??? Good times, so far...many more hours to go:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Riviting right now...Wii golf tourney conditions... shattered at best

Currently Captain Shamrock +2 Nutmegs -1:D

Conditions deteriating...slowly...d-o-n-e ... Hashbrowns to follow...:wa:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money