Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Provincial B CUP - KAKA talking

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
good young Harps, the champions dragons and the former champions all-blacks are in from this year's Host league.

Looks like VMSL will be sending 3 of these 4 teams (Green devils, demesh, bombastic and Douglas Park).

VISL are in the semi-finals in there challenge cup with Gorge 4, Vantreights 3, Prospect Lake Black 4 and Gordon Head 3. Most likely 3 of these 4 make it.

Fraser Valley, is it cup play or divisional winners that go to B Cup?

Go HARPS!!!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about the Valley...

Here's a question though...When are the Burnaby Mens League and the Richmond league going to stop sandbagging, get real, and send their A division and Premier Division teams to the A Cup instead of the B Cup? ;)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking only from playing in it....it was the division winners and the two cup finalist but that being said we now have a lame three divisions in div 2....ie 2a, 2b, 2c.....which means nothing in terms of a, b and c....that means a potential 5 teams could go.

How many spots does the Fraser valley have?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know when a bunch of us dropped down from Prem a few years back to win div. 2 and get LUFC promoted back into the 1st division, we didn't accept our invitation to this tourney because it isn't the Provincials.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year it was the two Cup finalists - Arsenal and the Coachmen, that went, they were also the Divisional winners, along with Aldergrove, so I assume that it will be the Cup finalists again.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a question though...When are the Burnaby Mens League and the Richmond league going to stop sandbagging, get real, and send their A division and Premier Division teams to the A Cup instead of the B Cup? ;)

The B cup suits us fine thanks. Not many of us are built for speed any more. We'd get shite kicked in the A Cup and nobody wants to see that. Or do they?

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
from what's I've seen and experienced, the Dragons could beat most A cup teams on a given day. Guarantee to beat Dude's team no problem. They got Kusch and a few others that sure know how to play better than most A form players. They could be sandbagging it.

the different provincial cups has to do with what form you sign on, A or B or M. Most teams in the province are on B form, thus the majority of the participants.

That being said, being on the A form doesn't mean much anymore. The level of soccer in the province is poorer than a decade ago.

Go Harps!!!!

ps. Isn't the b cup june 20th weekend?

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
yah bby league should send atleast 1 team to the Provincials (A)

your joking right??? A cup. For real?? I don't think bby league has won anything ever, let alone. Parsi last year in the B cup could only beat an under 21 team 1-0. There's no one betting on a B cup winner from bby.

A cup isn't that good, but it's not bad enough for a B team to enter.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
from what's I've seen and experienced, the Dragons could beat most A cup teams on a given day. Guarantee to beat Dude's team no problem. They got Kusch and a few others that sure know how to play better than most A form players. They could be sandbagging it.

the different provincial cups has to do with what form you sign on, A or B or M. Most teams in the province are on B form, thus the majority of the participants.

That being said, being on the A form doesn't mean much anymore. The level of soccer in the province is poorer than a decade ago.

Go Harps!!!!

ps. Isn't the b cup june 20th weekend?

Maybe the Dragons 10 years ago could have beaten A Cup teams, but not the Dragons of today. I mean even the Harps can beat them now ;)

Now I'm assuming by A Cup teams you mean the ones that actually qualify for the Provincials, not just all the teams on A forms, because obviously the Dragons could beat most of FVSL Div 1, and probably the lower half of VMSL Div 1 teams.

I got my provincial cup dates from the BC Soccer website... but maybe it's changed since they posted it?

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
we did beat the dragons this year. but most night, they can wallop most teams.

from watching some vmsl div 1 games, I think harps can beat many of these teams. The lower div 1 teams would be below mid pack in RSSL.

Doesn't some of these vmsl div 1 teams play in the richmond summer league? Isn't the competition similar to the winter for these teams? Teams are pretty even is what I heard.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RRSL summer league is not a good indicator of anything... Even I get on the pitch in Div 1 games there ;)

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
estrelle du chile
whalley striker
mission sc
winner white rock vs north delta tits
harps
all-blacks
dragons
gorge 4
gordon head 3
winner of laker 4 vs vantreight 3
3 of these 4 VMSL teams (Green devils, demesh, bombastic and Douglas Park

3 more spots: probably north enderby (vernon), chilliwack league and the rare interior appearance.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0