Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Whitecaps Men Results

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those keeping track at home, the latest Whitecaps result:

Caps 1
Rhinos 0

Who needs Bob Lilley? :D

Seriously though, is the style noticeably more attacking oriented and they just are not finishing or what?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those keeping track at home, the latest Whitecaps result:

Caps 1
Rhinos 0

Who needs Bob Lilley? :D

Seriously though, is the style noticeably more attacking oriented and they just are not finishing or what?

It looked like no finish from what I can remember, so like the first 20 minutes :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game was played almost exclusively in the Rhinos end of the park...

The Rhinos keeper wasn't tested enough imho...that being said he made a few exceptional stops to keep it at 1-0.

The goal that Sebrango scored was a broken play/poor clearance/fortuitous bounce that he slotted home after his mark left him.

Vallow is one of the best keepers in the USL if not the best.

The game was exciting though.

And Stallion was gooned, explaining why he only remembers the first 20 minutes.

They are creating a lot of great chances but they all to often do not result in good shots on goal. a few went high and wide, a few were blocked by last ditch defending...The ball is still being crossed in high needlessly when it could be driven back out to the peno spot or cut back across the face of goal a few feet high in the air.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the first game I actually remember, the game was played in the Sounders end almost all 90, they had 2 shots, maybe 3 and win 2-0. Finishing a big problem for the Whitecaps right now as they are creating a ton of chances. So far I think the Southside has only seen 1 goal all year. From what I remember. Was that PNE running the lines on the west side of the field?

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, it was rubbish...........I spent about 45 minutes of my life watching it on Fox Sports........:(

I was even more desperate. I watched the whole nightmare on FSC. And they wonder why I gave up my season's tickets after the championship year.

It started with Lilley and his 5 men in the back when he went a goal up. Now it is a fire drill on the back line. Lyle Martin was shocking.

I am reluctant to pay money to watch average VMSL players play. Sorry. :(

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Give us a tug!!!"

Honestly, I told IT21, KJ, and Wolfgang we were going to get pumped a few minutes in, and sure enough by the 7th minute it was 2-0.

Possession was all Caps, but shocking at the back when they needed to be at least decent, and no finish...

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wanker is a common expression in England but it's very rarely used over here.
It's so long since someone called me that,I almost take it as a compliment !:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who knows, he was lining the last home game
Tix are cheap, especially if you get the cheapest ones you can buy ($11 i think) and stand by the beer in the south end.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I don't think the wife would be impressed taking a 2 & 1 year old to stand by the beer :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0