Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2009 BC Spots Finalized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If my understanding of the berths for the provincials is correct, the VMSL teams who have made the BCs (including the 'prelim' round) are now known.

Since it is easier, here are the teams NOT making it:

Sporting
Serbia
WFC

I say this because the VMSL gets 9 berths and only Premier teams are left in the Imperial including the 3 teams listed above. WFC is not participating in the provincials so it doesn't matter where the finish in the league standings.

Actually, no wait.

Serbia can still avoid the 11th spot... hmmm. I guess one more week and all will be settled.

Still though, it's a weird year where finishing 10th in the league gains a berth into the BCs.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
yet in the F.V.S.L. we have the potential to finish 4th and not get in.

top 3 are in for sure

the pak cup winner is also in,..... but the top 3 and us are now out so no help there

the sx cup winner is in and i think the 4 teams left in are 2nd 4th 5th and 6th placed teams

its too complicated ..... my head hurts....:(

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
VISL is not complete yet either.

Winner of the League - Gorge
Runner up of the League - Bays United

The other 3 spots are still up for grabs - one of which will go to either Gordon Head Gold or Powell River Villa. Depends who wins the semi. I guess that means that one of the two Jackson Cup births will be a team who has qualified already therefore the thrid place team of the league will be in BC's as well. Figuring it out as I type.

Third place team - Sooke Celtic

One spot remaining.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard to argue that, until a FVSL does something of significance.

More is expected Dude. Lay off your editing staff in these tough times??

More on topic, why does Vancouver get more berths? Has some one not figured it out yet that the VMSL has a better track record simply because they are alloted more spots??

Ryerson

Apr 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure how accurate this is, but I heard Kamloops got the PCSL spot. This is probably the first time in a while/ever that any interior team has been involved in these provs. Not sure how they got it or how they will fare, but I think it's a good step to include the interior/okanagan in someway.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear Surrey had to turn down their PCSL spot that Victoria had to already turn down previous with the same issue.... SU couldn't field the same team in the summer as the winter.

Maybe the PCSL spot needs some more thought put into it?

Hears is hoping Sooke vs Kamloops round 1.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to post this last week when I heard it as well. Yes, Kamloops is in the BCs even though they finished something like 7th in the PCSL.

I think they would probably struggle in the VMSL Div 1 cup.

But full marks to them for at least wanting to challenge themselves!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to post this last week when I heard it as well. Yes, Kamloops is in the BCs even though they finished something like 7th in the PCSL.

I think they would probably struggle in the VMSL Div 1 cup.

But full marks to them for at least wanting to challenge themselves!

They have no ****ing choice.....since everyone else turned it down. Were they afraid to go into the Provincial Cup? :rolleyes: Challenge themselves indeed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0