Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Knight's Summer League

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, there are many good D2 teams that didn't ask to be promoted (Who very easily could have and now I think Should have), or declined...

us Nomads, ACBC, GEU Inter, but that has been dissected already.

Poor FVSL D1.
~Sentinel,Stolo,and,SurreyCoyotesAreBallsFC.
i still don't get you, you think the nomads are better than us ? we finished second to the gunners which i don't think you guys would have beat either. we beat the rams twice. and everyone else in our group. you guys finished 5th? i dont know. i'm surprised you didn't put up north delta titans on that list of yours of teams that should be promoted. if you're with the nomads (not sure what team you're with) we'd be interested in having a friendly sometime before the season starts?

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter is not the Rams from last year. a handfull of the core guys, than we added about 9 or 10 new faces ranging from prem to div 2. Just to clear things up. Now we just have to make sure we can gel and play 90 minutes of good footy.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i still don't get you, you think the nomads are better than us ? we finished second to the gunners which i don't think you guys would have beat either. we beat the rams twice. and everyone else in our group. you guys finished 5th? i dont know. i'm surprised you didn't put up north delta titans on that list of yours of teams that should be promoted. if you're with the nomads (not sure what team you're with) we'd be interested in having a friendly sometime before the season starts?

To be fair, the Nomads of last year are not the Nomads of this year, and even I think they'd beat you. Handily :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
you guys looking for a friendly in the next couple weeks?

I would think so, but with the new coach coming in for our first training session Thursday, I'm gonna see how many and when he wants them. We also don't want to discourage you from D1 before the season even starts :D

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would think so, but with the new coach coming in for our first training session Thursday, I'm gonna see how many and when he wants them. We also don't want to discourage you from D1 before the season even starts :D
lol thats funny. if you guys do have a friendly, will you be getting the newton turf ?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair, the Nomads of last year are not the Nomads of this year, and even I think they'd beat you. Handily :D
The Nomads of last year was a weird bunch. Some faces outgoing (lost our top scorer to ACBC and lost another to a move) Then picked up new guys, some that got hurt right away and others that didn't pan out. Had another one of our best move home to Ontario. Then just after Christmas sign up two new guys and then gelled as best we could to finish out the year, but the injuries and lack of chemistry ruined any chances of getting to promotion/too deep in the cup.

This summer has been more moves, but this year we have won the LSSL, Won a casual coed 9 a side, and are playing some friendlies early to make our 5 - 10 cuts of guys trying out for our team and still have time to gel to get a good start.

In all honesty we have played established D1 teams and have given them games and beat them too.

I'm not saying the Coyotes, Stolo, or Sentinel are crap. I'm saying they should have had to earn their way up. If you can't win your group in D2 and/or can't win the B Cup out of D3, stay in D2 till you can find the consistency required to EARN your way there. The league should have not expanded D1 with teams folding imho. That might be the ONE and only mistake this current FVSL Exec regime has made, allowing D1 to swell to where it is and replacing teams folding with parachuted in rubbish.

We are a lot better than last years Nomads, who were not as good as 3 years ago Nomads, and none are as good as the current Nomads. (on paper anyways team hasn't been finalized yet) ;)

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Nomads of last year was a weird bunch. Some faces outgoing (lost our top scorer to ACBC and lost another to a move) Then picked up new guys, some that got hurt right away and others that didn't pan out. Had another one of our best move home to Ontario. Then just after Christmas sign up two new guys and then gelled as best we could to finish out the year, but the injuries and lack of chemistry ruined any chances of getting to promotion/too deep in the cup.

This summer has been more moves, but this year we have won the LSSL, Won a casual coed 9 a side, and are playing some friendlies early to make our 5 - 10 cuts of guys trying out for our team and still have time to gel to get a good start.

In all honesty we have played established D1 teams and have given them games and beat them too.

I'm not saying the Coyotes, Stolo, or Sentinel are crap. I'm saying they should have had to earn their way up. If you can't win your group in D2 and/or can't win the B Cup out of D3, stay in D2 till you can find the consistency required to EARN your way there. The league should have not expanded D1 with teams folding imho. That might be the ONE and only mistake this current FVSL Exec regime has made, allowing D1 to swell to where it is and replacing teams folding with parachuted in rubbish.

We are a lot better than last years Nomads, who were not as good as 3 years ago Nomads, and none are as good as the current Nomads. (on paper anyways team hasn't been finalized yet) ;)

Those 5-10 guys you cut send them my email. I'll take your rejects. Could use some players that aren't good enough their always good enough for me. I'm easy like that.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those 5-10 guys you cut send them my email. I'll take your rejects. Could use some players that aren't good enough their always good enough for me. I'm easy like that.

We cut Ricky for not showing up to anything...start there. Oh and for not being good enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0