Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 men's senior B cup championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's about time BCSA Demanded of their member leagues to have their top flight sign A Forms and stop this rubbish.

The only legitimate shot a FVSL, VISL, or VMSL Side has of winning this is if they are a new team on a string of consecutive promotions on the way to premier.

I had no vested stake in this tourney at all, and yet I find it a bit boring that it is a "Fait accompli" with the BMSA and RSSL sending teams on B Forms to this tourney.

Ho wmany times has a team not from Burnaby or Richmond won this thing in the last 20 years?

...Or maybe VMSL Div 1 and FVSL Div 1 should be signing on B Forms since they have nothing to play for on an A Form. Outside of the top 4 teams in VMSL Div 1, the rest of them don't have a chance of winning a thing by playing on A forms. And if you want to use the argument that by playing on A forms in Div 1 gives you an opportunity to play better teams, then you should play them in friendlies. By doing this, the caliber of B Cup would be much higher, more representative of the level of competition.
But what do I know; I'm just the "Administrator of the Year" :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's about time BCSA Demanded of their member leagues to have their top flight sign A Forms and stop this rubbish.

The only legitimate shot a FVSL, VISL, or VMSL Side has of winning this is if they are a new team on a string of consecutive promotions on the way to premier.

I had no vested stake in this tourney at all, and yet I find it a bit boring that it is a "Fait accompli" with the BMSA and RSSL sending teams on B Forms to this tourney.

Ho wmany times has a team not from Burnaby or Richmond won this thing in the last 20 years?

BBY on A forms? That's a laugh. I think the only time they even made a final was when the Dragons got disqualified for an ineligible player in the group stage in 2005 and they took their place.

The only thing that's boring is the consistently weak teams the FVSL sends year-to-year. Maybe if you didn't over saturate your 1st division you'd have some decent teams on B forms.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Or maybe VMSL Div 1 and FVSL Div 1 should be signing on B Forms since they have nothing to play for on an A Form. Outside of the top 4 teams in VMSL Div 1, the rest of them don't have a chance of winning a thing by playing on A forms. And if you want to use the argument that by playing on A forms in Div 1 gives you an opportunity to play better teams, then you should play them in friendlies. By doing this, the caliber of B Cup would be much higher, more representative of the level of competition.
But what do I know; I'm just the "Administrator of the Year" :D

Moot point for VMSL. After next year we will only have 10 teams in Div 1, and I assume all of them will be on A forms and competing in the Imperial Cup.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair Point "Administrator of the Year"

So maybe with the re-alignments coming with the BC Premier League this could be changed?

Only once has a Div 3 Team from the FVSL ever won the FVSL Cup... with an appearance in the final from a D3 team this year.

Perhaps it is about time the VMSL and FVSL Div 3 teams are removed altogether from Cup play, save a special application process to the league come cup time, and have the FVSL and VMSL Div 1 teams and Div 2 teams sign B Forms? Even potentially from Promotion/Relegation again, save a special applictaion to the league admins, and be truly what it is: Rec Hack league Soccer for the beer and beer only.

I know the last few years a FVSL Div 1 team has gone deep(ish) in the Pak Cup though, therefore you might have some pushback with that.

Plus this year's SX Cup amongst just the Premier teams was pretty good, which would be a carbon copy of the Pak Cup if all D1 teams signed B Forms...

It would probably be "Easier" if the diddy leagues just had their "top flight" play on B forms though :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBY on A forms? That's a laugh. I think the only time they even made a final was when the Dragons got disqualified for an ineligible player in the group stage in 2005 and they took their place.

The only thing that's boring is the consistently weak teams the FVSL sends year-to-year. Maybe if you didn't over saturate your 1st division you'd have some decent teams on B forms.

I'm pretty sure Real Estelli or whatever they are/were called went to the finals last year, or the semi's, I can't remember which.

You are right about the size of the FVSL div 1. Although this is bound to change with the advent of the BC premier League around the bend. Players will be swapping teams and forgetting about loyalty with that, which is sure to have a trickle down effect which would ensure better players on FVSL D1 teams with new faces from other leagues on FVSL Premier Teams.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure Real Estelli or whatever they are/were called went to the finals last year, or the semi's, I can't remember which.

You are right about the size of the FVSL div 1. Although this is bound to change with the advent of the BC premier League around the bend. Players will be swapping teams and forgetting about loyalty with that, which is sure to have a trickle down effect which would ensure better players on FVSL D1 teams with new faces from other leagues on FVSL Premier Teams.

Estrella De Chille you mean? Don't believe the hype... they finished third in their group.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well there you go, you probably are right as I'm pulling things out of my memory at random.

So what this really means is it is Richmond and their 3 or 4 bags of Sand vs the rest? :D

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps,

Probably one of the best run tournies that I've ever been to.

The skies opened up on the Friday evening and a few games had to be put on a momentary hold, at least until the lightning subsided.

2 of the 3 fields were in excellent shape (all natural grass).

Excellent officiating and some great times were had in the beer gardens. A pretty decent turnout for the final as well.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
the reason div 1 FVSL plays on A forms is to keep the number of A teams around 30 ish to get 5 berths in the A provincials. That's it. I asked at the AGM. Cause I beleive div 1 should be on B forms. So my idea to change div 1 to b forms was shot down. It is a league matter not a bcsa matter.
Ps. The age of a player means nothing. It's how good the player is that counts.
Surrey rangers get promoted and stay down all the time for the same reason the dragons play where they do.
I don't agree with it but it's a free country and they do what they want to do. Cause they can.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semis last year were Allblacks/Ante Up & Dragons/ISSC Harps.
Final was Ante Up/Dragons.

Wrong.

Once again canucklehead is spreading lies... tsk tsk

That was obviously your fantasy semifinals of all RSSL teams, but in actuality All Blacks finished second to Dragons in the same group as Chile.

Mission was the other semifinalist and they got thumped by Ante Up.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Recent Champions
2008 - I.G. MircoMed Dragons FC
2007 - IGM Dragons
2006 - Westside Rino
2005 - Richmond All Blacks
2004 - Campbell River
2003 - Shamrock Rovers
2002 - Saltspring F.C.
2001 - Prince George Croatia
2000 - Richmond Town Celtics

I don't know how long this competition has been around....wasn't this something that was started back in 2000? In the past VMSL teams from Div 2 used to enter the Imperial Cup..that got changed back in 2000...so my guess is that is when this B cup started...but I am not sure....

No Burnaby league teams have won in the past eight years..or ever if this started in 2000....

Definitely the best team to EVER win this tournament. End of story. And yes, there was a QUAD that year, Regs. Don't recall being the Celtics though..........:D Back then, the RSSL was also the best league in the Province, which made the feat more amazing.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what you're saying is that under a different administration, the RSSL has been run into the ground.

Not surprising really.

:D

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong.

Once again canucklehead is spreading lies... tsk tsk

That was obviously your fantasy semifinals of all RSSL teams, but in actuality All Blacks finished second to Dragons in the same group as Chile.

Mission was the other semifinalist and they got thumped by Ante Up.

Oops, you got me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know several years ago we "qualified" and declined invite, simply because the prestige wasn't there. The year before we'd won the Prem, and year before that Pak. When a bunch of us dropped to get our 2nd div. team promoted to 1st, this tourney wasn't even on the radar, so far as goals. Glorified summer tourney at best.

No disrespect intended...obviously some of the teams are loaded, and damn good.

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a bunch of losers aldergrove are
they played like shite the whole tourny and come and talk shite about us who needed a tie to go through
cantuzzi, u and ur gay ass team fcuking suck. after the game we were ready to have a nice chat with u guys but u guys were no where to be seen.
well done u bunch of idiots.
all the best to the dragons as they have this tourny under their belts for sure

All three FVSL teams were 2nd in there group.
Quit whining, if you can't take the pressure, go back to burnaby.
You guys choked, it was 4-1 before half time.
And at the bar that night you pussies did shite....you had your chance.

Attachments

173 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0