Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Nations Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd have to agree with Leftonly. 3 games on the Sunday really doesn't make for players being at their best for the final.

Everyone's I critic I suppose. Like everyone is saying, the tournament organizers did one hell of a job. No doubt the best weekend of the Summer.

wizard_id

Feb 24, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
PHP:
Well done to the organizers/volunteers who did a wonderful job .
I would like to suggest 2 things to the organizers .
1-India v Italy - the indian supporters were standing right on the touchline when there were so many empty seats on the bleachers.The same happened against China where they were blocking the view of those behind them.There should be action taken against the indians for their supporters behaviour.

2-Before the mens + womens final each players name + club team should be announced to the crowd by loudspeaker.

Hey Guys,

I agree with everyone else. Nations Cup 2009 was the best run tournament that I've ever attended as a spectator or player. I played in the Kamloops August 2001 tournament with Trece Verde and it didn't even compare to NC2009. Congratulations to the organizers!

This year was the first time that I ever saw the Nations Cup tournament, and as Trece Verde can confirm, I live 1 block from the field. Shame on me! Also, I hoped to play a game or two as a pickup player (due to one team's player injuries), but I see they changed the roster rules as of this year - too bad! I can see the point of this ruling - it stops teams from bringing in pros for the finals. Is there any way that players can be allowed to be picked-up to replace injured players? After watching a few of the finals games, it was very obvious that too many players were playing injured - I believe that Portugal in the Portugal-England final had that problem. I am not young enough to have played in the Open league, but I could've played in the over'30s or over'38s as a replacement.

I agree with the comments about the India fans standing on the sidelines. Fans MUST be sitting in the bleachers. Perhaps, the tournament organizers can add a few more sets of bleachers to the field sides next year?

As for announcing teams and players before the finals games, I agree with announcing teams, but announcing players is going a bit overboard - after all, we're not professionals.

The Beer Gardens can use improvements. Can a set of bleachers be put in the Beer Gardens on the flat section below where everyone was standing under the trees? No one was even standing in the dirt part of the beer gardens near the beer bar because you couldn't see any soccer games from there.

I hope to be playing in Nations Cup 2010. Keep up the good work guys!

Wizard_ID

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erm, if you put bleachers in front of the beer gardens, no one could see the field from the beer gardens :rolleyes:

The Indian fans create the atmosphere at those games that MAKE you want to watch. Suggestions to get rid of them are simply out-of-touch.

wizard_id

Feb 24, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erm, if you put bleachers in front of the beer gardens, no one could see the field from the beer gardens :rolleyes:

The Indian fans create the atmosphere at those games that MAKE you want to watch. Suggestions to get rid of them are simply out-of-touch.

Too bad about the beer gardens. There was too much wasted space that was empty, as no one was in the dirted area below near the beer bar.:confused:

How do the rulings about which teams you can play for work? Do your grandparents have to be German for you to play on Team Germany, for example? It's funny that one of the German teams has at least one Scot-in-disguise - no kilt and Scot name that sounds German. LOL :wa:

wizard_id

Feb 24, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob, we have to love ya. You are certainly a German: I thought my German ex-wife was stubborn.

Of course then again you are not an heiress to the Porshe estate.

That is another story i guess.

Sir M..

You poor guy, Sir M! I guess you don't miss the Swastika flag (a symbol I'm sure all Germans want to forget) on the wall behind the bed.

Don't worry, I'm not being racist. I have a lot of respect for Germans and their nation. I just couldn't miss the chance to comment on your German ex.:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't worry, I'm not being racist. I have a lot of respect for Germans and their nation
Phew, glad you cleared that up, for a second I thought you were a grand wizard in disguise or something.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have nothing against the Indian fans and totally agree that they turn up in lg numbers and make plenty of noise but ..

There was alot of empty seats on the bleachers and also on the other side of the field as well. we were sitting on the bleachers but had to stand up cus we couldn,t see the game.
All it needs is a couple of the orgainizers to walk along the side and tell the supporters that they should sit on the bleachers or if they want to stand they can go on the other side.

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have nothing against the Indian fans and totally agree that they turn up in lg numbers and make plenty of noise but ..

There was alot of empty seats on the bleachers and also on the other side of the field as well. we were sitting on the bleachers but had to stand up cus we couldn,t see the game.
All it needs is a couple of the orgainizers to walk along the side and tell the supporters that they should sit on the bleachers or if they want to stand they can go on the other side.

Are you complaining about having to stand up to watch the game???( unless you physically can’t stand up then please ignore my comments) there is no reason for crying about it, you’re at a soccer game not your childs school play……..otherwise bring out your seat and go sit on the end line and enjoy the show

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEORDIE said:
we were sitting on the bleachers but had to stand up cus we couldn,t see the game.

There we go...now I know who you are, I was behind of one ASS that was up and down during the game, and because of you I couldn't see part of the game. %#$&%& F...er

PS. I'm not blaming the India's fans

:D

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS,

Your bike was propped up against the North Wall of the High School where Kippax found half of Ireland still at it around 10 o'clock or so Saturday Night, might still be there..?

Thank god for Little Ceasers Hot 'n Readys :D ;)

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The body is still not back to 100% just yet, after a tough weekend of playing and organizing the event.

To all who attended and/or played in the tournament, thank you for your ongoing particpation and support. We put a lot of hard work into making the tournament happen but at the end of the day its really the players and the supporters who make the Nations Cup what it is. So thank you.

As Lean said, we're always looking for ways to make it better, so your comments and suggestions are welcomed. Also, feel free to get in touch regarding sponsorship or corporate support as that would help a lot so that we can get things like the additional bleachers or mobile showers, etc.

Full marks to England on their win and to Portugal and the Gomesy boys for a great run to get to the final.

On a personal note, thanks to Sir M and the lads from the Scotland O30s for a great weekend. I had a great time playing with some great players and great lads. And although WAB won't agree, we were unlucky not to win it this year.

Cheers,

Jeff Wilson
(thought I should clarify - I haven't posted for quite a while ;) )

charlie

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sometimes all it takes is getting one lucky bounce. Or in this case, hard work by the PPLMVR.
Cheers to the guys for their hard fought battle against a very good Scotish team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts