Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Nations Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE: BEER GARDEN
What time will said establishment be open to in the evening? Should we come over to Hugh Boyd after our 9pm game at Minoru friday night? Or stay in the changeroom with the cooler? We'd rather hang out at the garden... but we aren't gonna rush over there to have Tank the Doorman with his ear bud walky talky tell us that beer sales are finished.

Let me know, thanks.

Muttforever

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best staying at Minoru and then head to Steveston........where the streets will be rocking in a good old-fashioned street party

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The right answer is... it is best to come to the beer garden as it will be open until 11:00pm. It will not be acceptable to sit in the Changerooms and have a pint and not support the tournament Beer Garden...it is also closer to Steveston and the Wee Olympics:bronco::wa::knvb:

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If people are looking for a Hotel for the weekend or if you have a few extra pints in the garden there will be a shuttle to the Holiday Inn Express.

The Holiday Inn has agreed to provide shuttles to and from the park and have offered a special rate for the Nations Cup. Just click on the link on the front page of The Nations Cup - Premier Summer Soccer Tournament. site to book your room or just catch a ride back to the hotel if driving becomes a bad option.

We want people to have as much fun as possible but be responsible and not drive after sitting in the Garden under the HOT HOT Sun:cool:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean,

We should be able to get there around 10:30 based on the 30 min halves. Do beer sales continue straight to 11pm?

We want to support the beer garden, of course... but if we show up only to be told beer sales are over, you're gonna have a bunch of angry First Nations and Irish bastards (well... maybe a couple of Irish wannabes and mutts too :D).

Signed,

:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The right answer is... it is best to come to the beer garden as it will be open until 11:00pm. It will not be acceptable to sit in the Changerooms and have a pint and not support the tournament Beer Garden...it is also closer to Steveston and the Wee Olympics:bronco::wa::knvb:

Sorry, Sixfyv, this is what I meant to say. Not sure what happened. Minoru changing rooms will be closed anyways, as they shut at 9:00.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the rate is $115.00 but check on the link to make sure.

I will be taking that last shuttle with the rest of you:D

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If people are looking for a Hotel for the weekend or if you have a few extra pints in the garden there will be a shuttle to the Holiday Inn Express.

The Holiday Inn has agreed to provide shuttles to and from the park and have offered a special rate for the Nations Cup. Just click on the link on the front page of The Nations Cup - Premier Summer Soccer Tournament. site to book your room or just catch a ride back to the hotel if driving becomes a bad option.

We want people to have as much fun as possible but be responsible and not drive after sitting in the Garden under the HOT HOT Sun:cool:

Is CS doing a bike shuttle run to the hotel? Curious?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will be riding my 'new' bike on the Friday. I'm seriously going to see if it makes it through the weekend. I'll strategically place it and am banking that it will be there come Monday morning. :)

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain's new bike. Purchased on Ebay off Lance Armstrong ........

Attachments

• old_bicycle.jpg
    old_bicycle.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 64

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gentlemen, let's just say it is a used bike.......:) It will likely not move over the weekend. If anyone wants to steal this one......go right ahead.

Indian Pale Ale

Oct 12, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
India is usually a pre-tournment favourite but as history has shown that doesn't mean much come gametime. However, they do have a solid squad again and are in New York this weekend competing in a tournment so we'll see how much that helps....

Should be a good tournment as always,

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
there should be a hot atmosphere for the Serbia V Croatia game[similar to England v Scotland @ wembley ] and apparently Croatia are supposed be a really talented team.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Geordie, it should be a great way to kick-off the tourney. :) England vs. Caribbean (Go Caribbean!) followed by Serbia vs. Croatia.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland 3 Zgermans 1 tonight.

McPhillips, McHleucka, and some guy Millar picked up in the parking lot for Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0