Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Osoyoos Soccer Tournament

curatolo

Aug 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Portuguese Cultural Society is hosting the PCCS Invitational Cup from July. 31st - Aug. 3rd 2009 in Osoyoos, B.C.

Here is the tournament website www.opccs.com

Registration is online, and the website should provide everyone with all the information needed. If not though please do not hesitate to contact me at oliveira_pat@hotmail.com

Thanks everyone take a look! Patrick (Tournament Organizer)

curatolo

Aug 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi,

I had a question for anyone. Would it be better to be BCSA approval for the tournament or not?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi,

I had a question for anyone. Would it be better to be BCSA approval for the tournament or not?

Since our coach has a nice big place in Osoyoos and I think we're entering, I say yes, as the quality of officiating you get is much better with BCSA approval, and it would keep teams coming back if the standard is higher.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osoyoos in Late June early aug is too hot for Soccer.

Teh only thing worth doing in osoyoos during that time of the year is (in order)
Wine Tours and lots of them (yay free wine!!! :wa:)
Golf (Early morning or twilight)
Sitting on beach with Pints
Wakeboarding/Skiiing

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Really?! I was in Osoyoos in near and sometimes over 40 degree weather this summer for a week, it is unbearable at that heat..you basically sit in the lake and try to keep your head covered...Global warming ;) It's going to get you :rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Really?! I was in Osoyoos in near and sometimes over 40 degree weather this summer for a week, it is unbearable at that heat..you basically sit in the lake and try to keep your head covered...Global warming ;) It's going to get you :rolleyes:

And Kamloops and Kelowna weren't that hot at points? I'm not saying that playing is going to be fun, we're in it more for the drinking and partying.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be in Kamloops making an idiot of myself again with the B-team that weekend.

Thank Christ the dates are in my favour and i dont turn 35 while up there next year..

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

i dont recall u being absent from here for more than a day:confused::D:knvb:

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kamloops is hot but osoyoos is unbearably hot.

We'll be in Kamloops again next year and gettin just as drunk as always. Hey Johnny and Kev you guys should start to plan it now instead of last minute.

WestCoast...What??? Love the Loops.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was gung ho untill I did my knee.

Plus our guys committment (read $$$) levels during summer leaves a little to be desired if you know what I mean.

I don't think we will be doing Kelowna again next year, so Kamloops is probably going to be destination #1 for us.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curatolo: any master's division...this division will make you money at your beer gardens...

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curatolo: any master's division...this division will make you money at your beer gardens...

Masters in both over 30's & over 40's would be a great idea. Tournament organizers that I have spoke with have indicated that they are the first divisions to fill up.

Pipes
Peg Oldboy forever

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is the tourney gonna have more then the 7 teams that were there 3 years ago? I'd gone up for nearly 10 years, and it had slowly deteriorated. Have new guys taken over the tourney?

We've been going up to kamloops instead the last few years, but miss having a lake across the road from the hotel. The large ditch around the sports complex in Kamloops doesn't cut it. And last year, kamloops had most games in our div (B - NATG Arsenal) not even at the main tourney, but a dump of a field across town

And for those wondering, we did play a few games in plus 40 heat over the years, but kamloops isn't much cooler. Alot of subs are a must though.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curatolo, I'm sure this could be a good tourney and your intentions are great, but just go to Kamloops for that weekend. Trust me, bad kit Sunday is an event in itself. ;) Besides, with getting it BC sanctioned you won't have many good officials there!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0