Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Nations Cup - Qualifying Tournament

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will be holding a special tournament to award the final spot in the Men's Open field this year.

The games will be held on May 28th and May 30th at Hugh Boyd Park in Richmond with the following schedule:

Game 1: May 28th at 9:00pm Serbia vs Chile

Game 2: May 28th at 9:00pm Romania vs Iran

Game 3: May 30th at 7:00pm Winner of Game 1 vs Winner of Game 2

The winner of Game 3 will be in the Men's Open Tournament in July.

The games will be played by the same rules as the Nations Cup. We will play two 30 minute halves and if necessary play two 10 minute extra golden goal halves than penalties.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Nations Cup - Qualifying Tournament

We will be holding a special tournament to award the final spot in the Men's Open field this year.

The games will be held on May 28th and May 30th at Hugh Boyd Park in Richmond with the following schedule:

Game 1: May 28th at 9:00pm Serbia vs Chile

Game 2: May 28th at 9:00pm Romania vs Iran

Game 3: May 30th at 7:00pm Winner of Game 1 vs Winner of Game 2

The winner of Game 3 will be in the Men's Open Tournament in July.

The games will be played by the same rules as the Nations Cup. We will play two 30 minute halves and if necessary play two 10 minute extra golden goal halves than penalties.

Great idea Lean!

Ccheck the Chile and iran roster to make sure the same guy aint playing for both teams:D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree ,Great Idea.

Are you planning on doing this every year.?

It would be great to religate the last place club and have a mini Qualifier every year.
Keeps those clubs like Argentina and Serbia (who filled in for Argentina last year and then pulled a 10 player game aswell) on their toes.
So many othe Nations would love to get to play.
Well done to include more Nations.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is Nations Cup really true nations cup???...There is only few teams that have roster where players play to what their background is..

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is Nations Cup really true nations cup???...There is only few teams that have roster where players play to what their background is..

I disagree...
India
Italy
England
Scotland
Ireland
Croatia
Romania
Serbia
Chile
Iran
Canada
Germany
China
Korea
First nations

Shall I go on? All these backgrounds are well represented in the lower mainland and can put together decent sides capable of at least competing.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

There is only few teams that have roster where players play to what their background is..

I believe that it is a Nations cup, the only thing I don't understand is how certain players have played on multiple countries the last few years?:eek:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I believe that it is a Nations cup, the only thing I don't understand is how certain players have played on multiple countries the last few years?:eek:

Maybe the player has one parent from England and one from Scotland, or some other Country. Unless they have played in a sanctioned game for that country (which I doubt has happened, other than when Ally McCoist played for Scotland), then you are still playing for a Nation that you have some ties to and have never limited yourself under FIFA rules to one Country. Look at Reedie, he has played for Scotland, Ireland and also India ............. as he has family from Scotland, family from Ireland and has also made Bollywood movies. All fair from my perspective under the rules. In fact, I think Reedie just was awarded 'Best Director' for his Bollywood efforts at the India Oscars. :D

JAGS

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rizal O'Ganief-inder-ching-berg-ich-inni-ulze

alleyezonme

Nov 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

hahaha your not helping your cause sixfyv! Try not to draw attention ;)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I disagree...
India
Italy
England
Scotland
Ireland
Croatia
Romania
Serbia
Chile
Iran
Canada
Germany
China
Korea
First nations

Shall I go on? All these backgrounds are well represented in the lower mainland and can put together decent sides capable of at least competing.

This competition has lost its luster in my opinion. Still a great weekend but players jumping from team to team and playing for any country available kills the credibilty of what this tourny should be. Why is there no dutch team for fukc sakes.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

This tournament is about having pride and playing for your nationality. The majority of teams have never even thought of having someone play for them that was not of there ethnic origin. The onus is on the team managers to make sure they abide by the rules of the tournament and only have eligible players on their team.

There are always those out there that try to cheat and they know who they are. They either have no pride in their nationality or think it is more important to field better players regardless of the rules.

But remember we now have rosters, which include who your eligible to play for:)

Back on Topic, this qualifying tournament isn't necessarily going to be every year but should be motivation for teams to compete throughout the tournament to maintain competitive integrity.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

This competition has lost its luster in my opinion. Still a great weekend but players jumping from team to team and playing for any country available kills the credibilty of what this tourny should be. Why is there no dutch team for fukc sakes.

Because there is not enough of us to credibly form a team.

1988 Nations Cup Holland Alumnus :knvb:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Oranje

Maybe if you didn't manage Italia, knvb didn't play for Scotland and Shaggy didn't pretend to be German for the weekend, you'd have some building blocks...

Just a thought (King Billy was Dutch)

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Oranje

Maybe if you didn't manage Italia, knvb didn't play for Scotland and Shaggy didn't pretend to be German for the weekend, you'd have some building blocks...

Just a thought (King Billy was Dutch)

I could always come play for Ireland. I got some of that too:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0