Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[2010 World Cup Qualifier] Canada vs Honduras September 6th [R]

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Honduras

Canada up 1-0 after 4 minutes then Radz fell into the end boards, cut his hand badly and Canada never recovered.

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not surprised. Honduras scored two goals, as predicted... Canada couldn't match them. Shame, really.

I also don't like Friend up front. He's got height but Canada is less creative with him in the line-up.

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remind me why Dale Mitchell was named head coach again? 0 wins at the U20 tourney....keeping the record in tact I see. Get a proven European or South American coach in here that can teach ball control rather than the traditional kick and run.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remind me why Dale Mitchell was named head coach again? 0 wins at the U20 tourney....keeping the record in tact I see. Get a proven European or South American coach in here that can teach ball control rather than the traditional kick and run.

Teach? Most are European based players with European coaches who should already know how to control a ball. The problem last night is that Canada is far from a complete team. The speed at the back was a huge problem and the faster Hondurans exploited it by keeping us routed to our own end creating huge gaps between our forwards, midfielders and defenders. Besides, Dale doesn't have too many option when things go poorly on the field.

The big three (De Guzman, De Rosario, Hutchinson) all played probably their weakest game for Canada in a long time. What's Dale suppose to do? Who does he replace them with? He brought on the next best thing in Hume and look what that got us! Hume was just gawd awful!

There isn't any real depth to this team right now or on any other team Canada has had in the past. We don't produce enough players of REAL quality. We have a very good midfield, a suspect and slow defense made up of players who don't normally play in those positions (Serioux, Hastings) and another who isn't playing at all right now (Stalteri). Klukowski is far from world class! We have a choice of a 40 year old goalie in Onstad, a sieve in Sutton, and a bench warmer at his Romanian club in Hirschfeld. We also have very, very little up front with Gerba, still waiting for a work permit at MK Dons, and Friend, a proven goal scorer at Bundesliga 2, not Bundesliga 1. To be honest, I didn't even know that Bernier was playing until he got sent off!

I'm sorry, how is this all Dale's fault again?

If we think that this is going to change with 1 or potentially 2 "professional" teams in Canada who don't stock their line-ups with all Canadians than we are living in a fantasy land! Name another country in the world that only has 1 or 2 teams to make the World Cup. Oh ya, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGHw1CCPyDs"]The Isle of Scilly [/ame]in that Adidas commercial that was consistantly played throughout the game!

If the Kerfoots, Nash's, Mallett's, Saputo's, Gillette's and Melnyk's were REALLY into developing Canadian talent and pushing Canada forward like the generous "philanthropist" that the media preceives them to be, then they will do what the Anhiser Busch's of US soccer did and fund a Canadian league for a period of time until it can stand on it's own feet, just like the beloved MLS that they so badly want to be apart of.

Until that time we will see our best young talent play for other countries, our national programs continually spinning their wheels and our most successful coach in Canadian history being slagged for not getting it right and not creating a miracle with the total lack of talent that is obvious to everyone in the world but delusional Canadians fans.

Funny, Honduras doesn't participate in the MLS and only has a crappy little league but still produces a striker who's good enough to be property of Inter Milan and good enough to make our best Canadian team in 15-20 years look pathetic. I know for a fact that they have more than 1, 2, or 3 pro teams!

Sorry for the rant but enough is enough! :mad:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with a lot of what has been said. It appears quite obvious that our defense is not anywhere near the quality it needs to be. I missed the opening 10 minutes so I didn't see the line-up but to me it looked like we were playing with 1 up front. When we needed to be pushing for a goal, Friend was getting the ball humped to his head with 4 defenders on him and no midfielder within 20 yards showing for support. I just don't get the strategy, Hume was terrible but is a quality player who would look good running off of Friend. He brings a bundle of energy and is a scoring threat. I'm trying to stay positive here but to me the system we are playing isn't working and maybe we need to push a little more instead of sitting back. Dictate the play and put the pressure on the other team instead of putting 10 guys in our own end and let a quicker, craftier team run at us. It is just really frustrating to be a fan of Canada, I hate to say it but maybe we need to start flopping, exagerrating injuries because right now other teams have an advantage before the game has even begun. It's great to have honor and play the game the way it is meant to be played but if we are the only ones doing it and not having any success is it worth it.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back three or four are not our problem.Where the problem sits is in the midle. We have two good players wea are two short. As soon as Polish lad went out the hole thing went down. We must get a guy that has speed and also can hold on a ball when needed. The young guy Dale sent to do that job is way out of his league. He can run but to hold on the ball and to build game he needs two more years of development. Dale is trying hard and he knows wats needed it is imposible to bring the guys from all over the place and make them play as a team. We need an under twenty three semi Pro league in Canmada.
In order to go forward. At the same time let three over age players per team to teach the kids system of play amd tight movment up and down the field.
Victoria, Vancouver,Calgary,Edmonton Saskatoon and Rigina west group. Winipeg,Toronto,Ottawa,Montreal,Halifax and Windsor in the east. Cross over in a play off.Top four sides from each group get to play home and away. Top points wins first place. This is where our U20 team could be built and also an under 23. Unless this type of league does not happen Dale or anybody elss can forget the wins we need.
One would do better with a club side than what Dale is going through. Our youth needs a place to play. And a place to draw a small pay cheque in order to make it in general.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0