Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashshervin

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
B.C champsssssssssssssssssss......the ref was not perfect ,the field wasent any better....it was about who wanted it more on that field......we had most of position and we missed a penalty kick....they had one good header on net all game....all and all most of the guys from GEU Inter played with class and no dirty play and no chippyness.(speacialy #10) good luck guys in div 1, couple of you guys have amazing touch and well be a force in div 1..

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 0 - Shaheen 2
Inter was missing 2 key defenders and a couple others, and the field was a terrible field. For a Provincial tilt the field was siht. Really bad. The ball was bobbling at every moment. Think the field also really caught Inter off guard for first 30 min.
Shaheen is definitely not a Div.2 team. At least a mid pack Div.1 team if not higher with a couple ex-University, Iranian National players (said from the sidelines anyway), and so on.
Not sure how VMSL promotion works, if they are still if the team is in Div.2 or Div.1 next year but whatever division they should be solid team drawing from a solid cultural background.
I think you guys are decent holders of Provincial B Cup until I and BC United come for it. :)
Cheers, enjoy it while it lasts. :)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
we were beyond bad today and didn't deserve to win, i still believe this team wasn't close to as good as alot of teams we played this year. We had trouble getting started and that carried on throughout the game, guess it just wasn't meant to be. sucks to be honest and i wish we could go back to 3pm but we can't so the best team on the day won. thank god we wasn't playing the all blacks, lulu, or the young guns or it woulda been worse.

league title (unbeaten), presidents cup, bradner cup semi finalists, and provincial b cup runner ups isn't a bad season though. hopefully next year we can take all 4 but that'll take improvement and a few new players (gt5 ;) )

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Shaheen, Unlucky to the GEU Inter boys, you truly had a great season and showed the FVSL well throughout this run.

It's funny that every year there's accusations/comments made about the B Cup finals and calling teams sandbaggers... I always get a kick out of it.

With the shakeup of the FVSL divisional alignments I really see the FVSL getting stronger (in this competition) as we will be playing more quality sides through the de-watering down of D1, and thus the mucky muck "D2" teams are gone back to D3 where they belong. I don't know what it was specifically like in the other FVSL D2 pools, but I know ours was a weird season with three teams pretty close to each other (Us, BCU, GEU Knights) for skill and quality and then a second set of 2 teams (TWU & aldergrove) and then a real lack of anything beyond that. Playing better teams week in and week out will up the ante and whoever is taking the spots in BC's for this specific cup will show better.

This is the first time in how long a VMSL side has taken it down? I think i remember seeing Rino won it a few years back and aside from that it was all Richmond, or VISL...with an ACBC win from the Valley last year.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
trust JBN to somehow make this all about the FVSL.

The only thing that needs to be said: CONGRATS TO SHAHEEN -- the best team in BC on B forms this year, and a great representative for the VMSL.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not saying it's all about the FVSL. I didn't see the game, so I didn't comment on it specifically. That's two years in a row that the FVSL have won or appeared in the finale of this cup and good on the league.

All the other provincials threads are all about pissing on the FVSL.

What's good for the goose... :rolleyes:

dashshervin

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont know about that

QUOTE=johnnybluenose;337146]I'm not saying it's all about the FVSL. I didn't see the game, so I didn't comment on it specifically. That's two years in a row that the FVSL have won or appeared in the finale of this cup and good on the league.

What's good for the goose... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

dashshervin

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not saying it's all about the FVSL. I didn't see the game, so I didn't comment on it specifically. That's two years in a row that the FVSL have won or appeared in the finale of this cup and good on the league.

What's good for the goose... :rolleyes:
dude vmsl dominates every category...A cup B cup and masters and under 21 we got second place in provincials...we have the best league by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.....the one thing i agree with u is geu inter had a really good team..at least for this level cause they had few primmer playerss ........but our team did a great job shutting them down...as was the case in the beginning for our league cup no one picked us to win anything ...also in the provincials everybody was picking the other team but finally well get some respect.....too bad we dint make it to div 1, casue i think we really deserved it...but we had a really bad 2 weeks in the league and lost to last place teams and we payed for it big time...but next year well take care of it for sure.......well see u boys next year in provincials again hopefully if we all can make it in again.....

dashshervin

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter had Premier players? Really? I thought they were a D2 team?

Re: provincial finals
Well...the field is probably super shitty as I remember...so it will be more of a kick and run game than usual. The wind blows alot there too adding to the shitty field.
They havent let anyone use the fields since xmas so it may be better but still...geu is a turf team.
the have a deadly mid field. X C Clan VMSL Premier Massimo (also played for me for a year)
strong all around and quick. 6-7 players come from Mission where they had an awsome team that they walked out on to join GEU. Mission was about to qualify for premier but didnt at the last game last year right when these guys walked out and joined GEU. 1.5 years ago.
Turf team that moves the ball and is fast and hit hard .
but as i said..grass is not there thing.
good luck

this is what someone from fraser valley wrote for me and from what i saw they had a 2 or 3 players that had a really good touch....so thats why im saying that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0