Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Finals Host?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just heard a rumour from a very reliable source that the provincial finals could well be held in Aldergrove in May 2011. After being asked by BC Soccer, the Aldergrove club executive voted last night whether or not to host the event and apparently the motion passed.

From an FVSL perspective, I'm pretty excited to be able watch the provincial final so close to home this season.:wa: Aldergrove's facilities have improved to the point where they're among the best in the Valley now. They hosted the Youth Provincial B Finals last year and did a tremendous job, which is why they were approached for this.

Of course, this is all just a rumour; nothing is confirmed. :rolleyes:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2011 BC Provincial Cup

Looks pretty confirmed to me on the BC Soccer website:
Events

Next year is supposed to be Vancouver, which based on the past means it will end up either at Cloverdale or Coquitlam Town Centre. So basically it goes to the Valley 2 years in a row :rolleyes:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

it has been quite a few years since i played in the valley, but all i remember about aldergrove is that small grass field beside the community center where we used to muck out some victories.

at which park(s) would the event be hosted?

also... why not hold the provincials at SSA? gorgeous grass fields, quality change rooms, clubhouse, guinness walking around all chuffed, knvb sending bbm voice memos from vehicle techno parties...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks pretty confirmed to me on the BC Soccer website:
Events

Next year is supposed to be Vancouver, which based on the past means it will end up either at Cloverdale or Coquitlam Town Centre. So basically it goes to the Valley 2 years in a row :rolleyes:

**Revised December 13, 2010**

BC Soccer has a time-machine??? Wow.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

As noted, the Aldergrove facility has improved leaps and bounds. An excellent venue to host a finals - they did a great job hosting the Youth B Cup. They were building new fields when the B Cup was running, so I imagine the facility has improved even moreso.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

do we know which park would be the "hub"? thanks!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

ignore me. i was thinking national, not provincial for some reason. i blame my raging hangover.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm gonna hear about this from our great leader, but if the shoe fits???

posted by: Fat Monkey
After being asked by BC Soccer, the Aldergrove club executive voted last night whether or not to host the event and apparently the motion passed.

From an FVSL perspective, I'm pretty excited to be able watch the provincial final so close to home this season. Aldergrove's facilities have improved to the point where they're among the best in the Valley now.
I want to set the record straight as a member of FVSL and PASC. Aldergrove were not given the choice by BC Soccer to host this event.
FACT
The Club host is selected by the executive commitee of the League that is hosting. Swangard, Town Centre and Royal Athletic have all hosted the mens final in the past and in more recent history the Men's Provincial A Cup has been an ongoing rotation by three League's (FVSL, VMSL and VISL). This year VISL was to sit out while VMSL host the Semi Finals and FVSL host the Finals.
There were two bids put forth to FVSL executive from Clubs in the Geographical area. One was from a FVSL Club while the other was from the WMSL group. The voting for this was conducted while one member was not present and it ended in a draw. It is not clear if all of the commitee members were aware the Aldergrove bid was not from the mens Club in the FVSL, but what is clear is they were not aware they were voting on this until they came to the meeting that night. Subsiquently, the President of the FVSL decided the WMSL bid from Aldergrove should get it over PASC.
OPINION
I realize some from the old boys club of local soccer don't think this type of information should be made public. They feel what happens behind closed doors should stay there, however I could care less about the opinion of some closed minded self serving individuals. This is a League that has progressed over the last few years and have done so through transparency and communication. It is moving forward and running better than ever and I believe that is because of the involvement of its membership and the effort put forth by many clubs and teams. I would hate for this to come to a hault.
IMO, the most damaging black eye came at the AGM. I don't think many of the voting membership understood exactly what they were voting on. It was passed that you cannot belong to a team or club and work as the administrator. It was sold as a way to get one individual off his perch and no longer able to wear more than one hat. Unfortunately, what this means is ANY individual who knows structure and soccer cannot do the job if they care who wins on Saturday. Personally I believe it is extremely important for executive members including the treasurer and administrator to be involved in a club or team. This shouldn't be run like a union, where a few individuals that sit in a room decide what's best for the players on the pitch. When you have an invested interest, you tend to care more about everything and grind out the details.
Unfortunately, it doesn't feel like the commitee who voted for a third party to host cared too much. If they even understood the importance of the playing surface, they would know that the two best teams in the province don't want to play on a cow patch in May. Just ask ACBC who had to play in Mission to win the Pakenham Cup! :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm gonna hear about this from our great leader, but if the shoe fits???

I want to set the record straight as a member of FVSL and PASC. Aldergrove were not given the choice by BC Soccer to host this event.
FACT
The Club host is selected by the executive commitee of the League that is hosting. Swangard, Town Centre and Royal Athletic have all hosted the mens final in the past and in more recent history the Men's Provincial A Cup has been an ongoing rotation by three League's (FVSL, VMSL and VISL). This year VISL was to sit out while VMSL host the Semi Finals and FVSL host the Finals.
There were two bids put forth to FVSL executive from Clubs in the Geographical area. One was from a FVSL Club while the other was from the WMSL group. The voting for this was conducted while one member was not present and it ended in a draw. It is not clear if all of the commitee members were aware the Aldergrove bid was not from the mens Club in the FVSL, but what is clear is they were not aware they were voting on this until they came to the meeting that night. Subsiquently, the President of the FVSL decided the WMSL bid from Aldergrove should get it over PASC.
OPINION
I realize some from the old boys club of local soccer don't think this type of information should be made public. They feel what happens behind closed doors should stay there, however I could care less about the opinion of some closed minded self serving individuals. This is a League that has progressed over the last few years and have done so through transparency and communication. It is moving forward and running better than ever and I believe that is because of the involvement of its membership and the effort put forth by many clubs and teams. I would hate for this to come to a hault.
IMO, the most damaging black eye came at the AGM. I don't think many of the voting membership understood exactly what they were voting on. It was passed that you cannot belong to a team or club and work as the administrator. It was sold as a way to get one individual off his perch and no longer able to wear more than one hat. Unfortunately, what this means is ANY individual who knows structure and soccer cannot do the job if they care who wins on Saturday. Personally I believe it is extremely important for executive members including the treasurer and administrator to be involved in a club or team. This shouldn't be run like a union, where a few individuals that sit in a room decide what's best for the players on the pitch. When you have an invested interest, you tend to care more about everything and grind out the details.
Unfortunately, it doesn't feel like the commitee who voted for a third party to host cared too much. If they even understood the importance of the playing surface, they would know that the two best teams in the province don't want to play on a cow patch in May. Just ask ACBC who had to play in Mission to win the Pakenham Cup! :eek:
This warrants a reply.

Attachments

• burning-bridges.jpg
    burning-bridges.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 512

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Regs

Like the little boy who throws rocks from the roof, you've been eagerly waiting to use that since your digital camera pic of the TV. A very weak ass attempt at throwing humour at the problem! You always have an opinion, yet never seem to have the time to get involved. Possibly too much time playing with computers and vids?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Get involved with what? Your pissing match with first Azzi of the VMSL or now Uppal of the FVSL?

I have an opinion of you. Do you want it?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm sorry Guinness - I thought this was called Take The Piss.
Touchy touchy...

;)

C'Mon JC.
The burning bridge was fcuking funny.

And, if you can come onto a web site that caters to all of us in the 'community' and by that medium you can get on here and have your rant, me thinks Regs is 'involved' by allowing you to do that.

Interesting comments though.

Whistle Blower?

:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Guinness... Love ya, Brother.

But fcuk me... have you ever met a moan you didn't like?!?!?

Whistle Blower will be too busy reffing VMSL games this weekend to respond. I think he is doing Cloughie's game. In the VMSL. You know, the league that your league hates, yet your league execs seem to want to be involved with.

Let's talk about it Saturday night. ;)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are there not (2) TWO League executives from PA ???
How did they get out voted???

And Aldergroves fields are not Worthy of the Provincials by any means. (for the record)
Even with a good cutting, the grass reminds me of a 1970s Playboy Centerfold.

and hidden holes/bumps ,small field, no bleachers.

PA would obviously be the smart choice. or Langley. But Aldergrove..???Sorry...another blunder.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are there not (2) TWO League executives from PA ???
How did they get out voted???

And Aldergroves fields are not Worthy of the Provincials by any means. (for the record)
Even with a good cutting, the grass reminds me of a 1970s Playboy Centerfold.

and hidden holes/bumps ,small field, no bleachers.

PA would obviously be the smart choice. or Langley. But Aldergrove..???Sorry...another blunder.

Which field in Alderhole you referring too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0