Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Western Canadian Men's Masters/Women's Classics Tournament Discussion/Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is going to a combined tournament again this year, with both over 35 Men's and over 35 Women's teams competing. Representing BC are West Van FC on the men's side, and Semiahmoo Supra on the women's side. Of note, the BC teams have six ex-professionals on the men's reps, as well as two ex- National team players. On the ladies side, the Supra have at least three ex-National team players, including one player (Silvana Burtini) who I believe is the second most capped Canadian National women's player ever, and another (Suzanne Muir) who has close to 20 caps for Canada, and a former National team goaltender. Former Canada women's national team coach Metro Gerela is coaching the Supra.

I am advised that this tournament will take place most likely on September 31, October 1 and October 2, 2011. Venue/Province/City or town to be determined.

Has anyone heard any other details as to where this tournament will be played?

Sir M

rightpegleftstick

Aug 6, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2011 Western Canadian Men's Masters/Women's Classics Tournament Discussion/Result

Of note, the BC teams have six ex-professionals on the men's reps, as well as two ex- National team players. On the ladies side, the Supra have at least three ex-National team players, including one player (Silvana Burtini) who I believe is the second most capped Canadian National women's player ever, and another (Suzanne Muir) who has close to 20 caps for Canada, and a former National team goaltender.

Sir M

Our masters team has a few guys who played U-17 gold, and at least 1 who played metro.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2011 Western Canadian Men's Masters/Women's Classics Tournament Discussion/Result

Metro is coaching the ladies, but his playing days were quite a while back now...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

So far as this tournament goes, I have been told it will be in Victorua, then Kamlooops, then Saskatoon, then Edmonton, then Victoria again, and then White Rock, but with White Rock (Peace Arch I guess) hosting it.

Sir`M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0