Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 BC Mens Provincial U21 Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That top seed also got hammered in the u21 league cup final.

Besides, the top seed must be Highlanders in the u21 level, in reality...???

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
final: Langley United (FVSL) 1 - 0 Peninsula (VISL), after extra time

How did Langley United FVSL get into provincial cup? Didn't they finish near bottom? I don't see Langley United VMSL listed in provincial cup when they finished at or near top of u21 VMSL...???

the two clubs aren't connected, despite the names!....

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see Langley United VMSL listed in provincial cup when they finished at or near top of u21 VMSL...???

Langley United (VMSL) are (well, were) in the U21 Cup. They got knocked out today by Gordon Head Gold.

I hadn't noticed that both leagues have a Langley United. Funny stuff. I wish more of the Valley clubs would use neighbourhood names, rather than municipality names. Would be much less bland, IMHO.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whomever is "higher" in the bracket is the home team, regardless (or irregardless?) of "seeding".

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley United (VMSL) are (well, were) in the U21 Cup. They got knocked out today by Gordon Head Gold.

I hadn't noticed that both leagues have a Langley United. Funny stuff. I wish more of the Valley clubs would use neighbourhood names, rather than municipality names. Would be much less bland, IMHO.

Reminds me of my wee-kickers days in the 80's growing up when our teams were named after what elementary school we went to! Lots of pride always went into beating Tyson! :) Man did they ever kick our arse a lot though when I was 6!

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reminds me of my wee-kickers days in the 80's growing up when our teams were named after what elementary school we went to!

Some might find neighbourhood names too local/parochial, but I think they have more character. Lots of VMSL clubs with neighbourhood names (Point Grey, Gastown, Yaletown, Strathcona, Killarney, Sapperton, Ladner, etc.).

In my opinion:

Chelsea FC > London FC
Tottenham FC > London FC
Walnut Grove Town > Langley United
Strawberry Hill Wanderers > South Surrey
Birchland Manor Halmet > Poco

Just make sure you don't get sued by Fleetwood Town (Centre). ;)

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Victoria Highlanders have beaten Lakehill Emery Electric. Victoria plays the winner of Rino's Vancouver vs. Langley United (FVSL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0