Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta think the favourites now are Comox Valley United who have home Island advantage for the whole tourney.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
They don't schedule b.s. 8pm kickoffs for cup games

Bc soccer rules state we need to keep the same kickoff times as we have in league play if we play mainland teams. I still think its better then playing in downtown at 7 on a Friday or even north van at 7 on a fri...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bc soccer rules state we need to keep the same kickoff times as we have in league play if we play mainland teams. I still think its better then playing in downtown at 7 on a Friday or even north van at 7 on a fri...

LOL that's a great interpretation of the rules. What the rule actually says is that you are supposed to play on the same day as your regular home games (note: nothing about time), but you may play a different day so long as your opposing team agrees. The spirit of the rule is so that you can't schedule some bullshit midweek game to try and screw over your opposition. I totally agree that 7:15pm or whatever at Ambleside/Livingstone sucks too. These games should all be played on sat/sun during the day. The weather is actually decent this time of year -- get out and enjoy it!

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL that's a great interpretation of the rules. What the rule actually says is that you are supposed to play on the same day as your regular home games (note: nothing about time), but you may play a different day so long as your opposing team agrees. The spirit of the rule is so that you can't schedule some bullshit midweek game to try and screw over your opposition. I totally agree that 7:15pm or whatever at Ambleside/Livingstone sucks too. These games should all be played on sat/sun during the day. The weather is actually decent this time of year -- get out and enjoy it!

Ideal times would be at. nice big complex and all teams play one after another in the daytime but it gets difficult with vmsl n valley n rmd leagues on the mainland so it's better to just keep it at the leagues/clubs discretion.... I know a lot of people don't like our 8pm time but we play it all year long so our guys are used to it, there are lots of teams with kickoff times that we don't like but we have to go to play those games as well ... travelling is just another part of the game...it could be worse, we could be traveling to the island every weekend....

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure about that..we play Columbus in the masters semi on Sunday at 5:00pm and they play their league games on Friday nights,im sure we did not agree with this date or time as most of the team is not happy about it.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure about that..we play Columbus in the masters semi on Sunday at 5:00pm and they play their league games on Friday nights,im sure we did not agree with this date or time as most of the team is not happy about it.

I heard the masters teams don't count, vmsl has special privileges :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The B cup should just be a weekend tournament and that would clear this mess right up.

Oh wait...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The whole scheduling thing for the BC's is a bit of a farce. Every team in every league play all season to make this competition and it should be a privilege to be in it. You now represent your league and should be taken care of and not left on your own. God knows we pay enough so is it to much to ask?

Teams should not be distracted by fee's, booking parks, lights going on or off or having to play an arse 7:30 game on a Friday night... Fact is 90% of the teams lose their regular fields and times to other sports and leagues this time of year regardless. The individual leagues need to take this responsibility over IMO, or god forbid BC Soccer step up and run its own competition and book neutral facilities in advance for mainland and island matches.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The B cup should just be a weekend tournament and that would clear this mess right up.

Oh wait...

The complaint about the old B Cup format wasn't so much that it was a single weekend tournament, but that the tournament was held in JUNE, a full 2 months after teams had finished playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0