Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coker is loud, it all could be possible. Guys in this city really don't give a dam for guys from US and Europe. After all they come here and take Canadian jobs. I do see your point but i think Coker is smarter than that. It gives youngster a chance to get some playing time.
Coker might be gone in the summer. He would get lots of clubs to buy him. Good home with and Robbo could relax a bit.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far so good, were starting to gel a bit better. Personally if we start Manneh instead of Mattocks, I think it will only get better. Mattocks work rate is 10x better than years past, but his touch is still very suspect as well as his attitude after being subbed. Robinson had to hold him still to keep him from walking away. Manneh needs to get more minutes before we lose him to a European club or someone else that will guarantee him more time. Lets hope for another exciting match Saturday vs the Rapids.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base...you are out of touch. That being said, I wouldn't doubt it if RC's mouth got him punched out.

On Saturday the fans were loving Morales, and well deserved. He was full value. Some of his passes spreading out the attack were top quality...certainly better than we've ever seen here. And I tell you what...every time Manneh, in his short time on the pitch, touched the ball...people got on their feet because they didn't want to miss what was about to happen. It reminded me of Pavel Bure, the early years. His first touch is excellent, and first step with the ball unreal quick.

The fans even gave Mattox a standing O. That just showed how stupid many of the fans are. He had yet another game where he blew 4 or so chances that Manneh or Miller would have finished. Granted, Mattox has the attributes to get himself into those spots that Miller doesn't, but it still boggles the mind that he starts, and remains on the pitch, for so long. He's terrible.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mattocks starting is the only blip I have seen of Robinson. He seems quality all around. I especially enjoyed his comment regarding RC's injury. " I would have thought and hoped our midfielders had better vision" :D

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mattocks starting is the only blip I have seen of Robinson. He seems quality all around. I especially enjoyed his comment regarding RC's injury. " I would have thought and hoped our midfielders had better vision" :D
Robinson at least has a background in the "Pro Game".
Rennie did not.
I think his hands are tied, with the squad that he has now and has to play Mattocks.
I cannot see Mattocks being involved much more, if he starts to sulk, when he gets taken off.
If he gets a few goals, he will be OK and easier to manage, but if things don't go well for him, he will become a problem.
I don't see him as a "good professional", he's got pace and that's it.
Hasn't got a "footballers brain".
Poor attitude and he thinks he's better than he really is.
I really don't see a long future in the game at a high level for him.
It's funny how players all find their level eventually.
"You can't fool all of the people, all of the time".
Time will tell.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even if his hands are tied, should he not be a sub? let him run around for miller after 75 or 80, and put in Manneh as a starter.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some guy named Dude on the jock sniffers Forum is getting a ripped for not knowing Manneh is still recovering from back problems and is not ready to start a match. Hate to be that Dude.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That makes a massive difference, I had no idea. Can we put the beer vendor guy in as a starter? He is very vocal and focused.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have to (again) ask about Teibert. Did you notice what he was doing when the ref started the game? His idiocy almost resulted in a goal opportunity for Houston. Also, during the game, again, running and running and running all over the place with no effect - it looks so ridiculous. I never liked Teibert's style and now with a lot of talented midfielders I really see no point why he'd even be considered being a starter.

The rest of the team - really, really good start! Eight points out of 12 is just great.

Mattocks is being given enough chances to play. The next step is the bench if he does not start scoring. But, he made a really nice move that resulted in a penalty so I cannot say that Mattocks (this season) is useless (he is trying much, much harder than the last season) but Teibert; that is another story. I really do not get it why he plays all 90 minutes. Can anyone enlighten me and help me understand what Teibert really does and why he plays.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL

But he's trying really hard!

Nevermind the slo-mo stepovers and the shot he took that came closer to the corner flag on his side than the actual target :rolleyes:

Fcuk, he had a breakaway in the game and couldn't sort out his 2 left feet.

Hearing Miller talk about him afterwards, I get the sense that the "professionals" look upon Darren as a lesser talented teammate whom they wish to see get a goal in the big leagues but to go away when the games really start to mean something.

As to his improved attitude, not sure if you heard his interview after the match but he pulled out the 3rd person reference :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also saw Tiebert standing over a free kick with Morales. Have to agree...I watched him closely, and indeed there is a lot of unproductive running around in circles happening. Would like to see others given a run there.

And STD...that guy knew his shite.

Something smells in here...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it Omar Salgado may have broken the same foot again. He limped off the pitch in his first start for Charleston. Same foot apparently and waiting for scan results.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm disappointed. It was looking like he was sorting himself out down there, and learning about what it takes to be a pro. If he can do that, and stay fit / uninjured, I could see him being a good asset for the 1st team. Plus, I think he'd be a better target man option than Mattocks. Still can't stand this guy. The sniffers are just loving him right now...it's like, all of a sudden, he's a good player. He's barely useful, and still can't hit the ocean from a rowboat.

But...it'll never happen if he's made of glass...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not think Jigsaw is being negative actually, he is just talking about accountability in the decision making process in the light of customer service; you guys are Whitecaps customers it appears. So I get what he is saying.

Sir M

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprisingly no one commented yet that loss on Saturday. Completely on Robinson and no one else. Not on a referee. Not on Laba.
Guys, please, tell me. You are the coach and you decide to substitute Mattocks (with Manneh). Really, logical move at the moment Robinson wanted to do it. Then Mattocks scores and makes a great pass to Morales two minutes after. And, as a coach, what you do at that time? You send Manneh to continue warm up and then after additional 6,7 minutes sub Miller!!!??? Now, you leave two runners (Mattocks and Manneh) on the field with Manneh playing outside which is NOT his position. Manneh can be only a target man and nothing else! How the hell Robinson still does not understand that? He is not a new guy!
Miller is very good up front with his experience. He works hard, he makes some really nice passes (Mattocks' goal has Miller written all over it). He can cover also midfield so substituting him was a ridiculous move (unless you sub him as a similar type of player). As a coach, you never plan to make one sub and then completely change your opinon and sub another player who is really playing a different role than the player you wanted to sub. Manneh can sub only Mattock and, really, no one else!
At the end he puts in Hurtado who is another runner and he plays three runners against a congested Colorado defence!? Just unbelievable! Robinson lost that game. All because Mattocks finally scores. So what? Cannot deal with his disgruntled face when he is substituted?
Another thing. With Laba getting a red card how the hell you do not address a holding midfielder position right away? Who did he relay on? Teibert!? I have been saying for quite a long time that Teibert's useless running does not mean anything. On the contrary, his wandering around often screws up positioning for some other players. Please, what is the point running to your own player (who is now 5 feet away from you), demand the ball, get the ball, and pass it back to the same player? That is exactly what Teibert does! And with Robinson's screw up substitutions, with Miller, Laba, and Koffie out, the team had to rely on Teibert! Really! To finisih, again, the same thing - the game is about to start and Teibert is in the squatting position! What the hell does that mean? That guy has some serious issues because he is constantly looking for attention. Yes, he is definitely being noticed but for all wrong reasons. And to think he is the future of Canadian soccer!? We are guaranteed to be 125th on the FIFA list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0