Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone ever seen a player who gets the ball, passes the ball to his closest teammate, moves towards that same teammate and then demands the ball back!!! Who the hell plays like that? Totally useless! Also, dancing around the opponent, running into other players' positions. I have noticed that his teammates even avoid giving him the ball. Quite sure that 90% of his teammates cannot stand him.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to make it clear: I was not talking about Hurtado.

Also, have you guys noticed that anytime RT was not in starting 11 the team played much, much better. It actually looked like real football, not this ridiculous running everywhere, spreading his arms, waiving at his players, constantly asking for the ball without being able to create or do anything with it! I even do not care about his stupid hairdo anymore but the way he plays!!!??? Just pathetic!

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's embarrassing to see these"Muppets" with the "Look at me" haircuts.
Absolute "POSERS". No Dutch players today with poser cuts. Fergies teams never had them. It seems to me when you see these silly "Monty Python Haircuts" they are with teams who are bottom of the league.
I know there's Naymar & others, but he's earned the right to look stupid.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does Robinson have such a hard on for Hurtado? In yesterdays game he took off Manneh who you saw was frustrated and mad at constantly being the one that is substituted, for me Manneh should be given a chance as the striker he has the speed and is much more composed and a better finisher than Hurtado. I can see Manneh wanting to be traded if it continues like this.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I noticed that too... Manneh must know he is being played out of position and would be more effective up top and 100% would've done better on the clear breakaway Hurtado had. I mean, Bobbaduzzi would've done better!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Hurtado's recent new "E$" haircut, you have to think his head has grown a bit w/ his recent success. I hope it continues, and soon we'll see him starting left back at the clubhouse.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I noticed that too... Manneh must know he is being played out of position and would be more effective up top and 100% would've done better on the clear breakaway Hurtado had. I mean, Bobbaduzzi would've done better!
Agreed! The problem is (and I have already mentioned this quite a few times in the past) that Whitecaps chose (during the last 2,3 drafts) 3 times the same type of a player (speedy forwards). Those are Manneh, Mattocks, and Hurtado and they unfortunately can play only one position: center forward and absolutely nothing else!
Hurtado has a touch of 7-year old player. It is actually a shame to play in MLS and have such a poor touch! He is only physically strong and quite fast and nothing else! Honestly, reminds me of a bull on the pitch (and that is exactly how he plays; trying to run through an opponent because of amazingly poor skill set).
Whitecaps have now 3 really, really good midfielders: Morales, Koffie, and Laba and those 3 deserve to have a better forward in front of them than Hurtado. It is amazing that Hurtado went through a string of luck and he scored 5 times in 5 games but the last game agains Seattle showed his old self: extremely poor ball control! How long Whitecaps are going to keep him in the line up while Manneh and Mattock (not perfect but much better players than Hurtado) are placed behind him (or on the bench) remains a mistery.
Personally, I'd keep only one (most likely Manneh) and trade Mattocks and Hurtado. Whitecaps need a more experienced forward so they should be looking for one in Europe or South America. They have room for more designated players so why not look for one. If they think Hurtado will become a player guess what? You cannot teach 23-year old how to control ball! That was supposed to be done 15 years ago!

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed! The problem is (and I have already mentioned this quite a few times in the past) that Whitecaps chose (during the last 2,3 drafts) 3 times the same type of a player (speedy forwards). Those are Manneh, Mattocks, and Hurtado and they unfortunately can play only one position: center forward and absolutely nothing else!
Hurtado has a touch of 7-year old player. It is actually a shame to play in MLS and have such a poor touch! He is only physically strong and quite fast and nothing else! Honestly, reminds me of a bull on the pitch (and that is exactly how he plays; trying to run through an opponent because of amazingly poor skill set).
Whitecaps have now 3 really, really good midfielders: Morales, Koffie, and Laba and those 3 deserve to have a better forward in front of them than Hurtado. It is amazing that Hurtado went through a string of luck and he scored 5 times in 5 games but the last game agains Seattle showed his old self: extremely poor ball control! How long Whitecaps are going to keep him in the line up while Manneh and Mattock (not perfect but much better players than Hurtado) are placed behind him (or on the bench) remains a mistery.
Personally, I'd keep only one (most likely Manneh) and trade Mattocks and Hurtado. Whitecaps need a more experienced forward so they should be looking for one in Europe or South America. They have room for more designated players so why not look for one. If they think Hurtado will become a player guess what? You cannot teach 23-year old how to control ball! That was supposed to be done 15 years ago!
Look at Seattle's Forwards, compared to Whitecaps.
Dempsey, Cooper, Martins.
Whitecaps: Hurtado, Mattocks, Manneh.
Quite a difference in quality?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, specifically maturity.

There is hope for Manneh, and maybe Mattocks (though not as a striker...he's proven that his kill ratio is terrible). I don't see Hurtado developing more than what we see now. Manneh has huge upside.

~Captain Obvious.

PS: RL, you most deffinitely have an unhealthy infatuation w/ RT. You are correct in a lot of ways, but it's still unhealthy. Disturbingly so.

rusty210210

Oct 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to make it clear: I was not talking about Hurtado.

Also, have you guys noticed that anytime RT was not in starting 11 the team played much, much better. It actually looked like real football, not this ridiculous running everywhere, spreading his arms, waiving at his players, constantly asking for the ball without being able to create or do anything with it! I even do not care about his stupid hairdo anymore but the way he plays!!!??? Just pathetic!
Excluding Canada Cup, the Caps record when RT starts is 2 wins, 3 losses and 4 draws. In the games RT does not start (or play at all), 4 wins, 3 draws. In each of the 3 losses, RT started instead of one of Laba, Koffee or Morales.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2014/07/wfc-announces-intent-usl-pro-new-west

A good thing, no? The one comment in there about Victoria was my immediate thought, too. I would have thought, on the surface, Victoria to be a better location for a whole host of reasons (fan support, mostly)...but who knows how the business end of the deal, and money, all eventually rolled out.

One thing for sure: the Cap's needed a tru div. 2 team they can call their own where they can easily and readily send players to, without conflict, and where they can dictate things such as playing time, etc.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps - Chivas 1:3 thanks to Robinson. That guy has no clue about coaching. Out together with Bobaduzzi.

Why do we have to watch Hurtado every game all 90 minutes? How many times he needs to show all of us how poor his ball control is? Honestly, I know a lot of 7-year olds who could teach Hurtado how to control the ball.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the official rule on the non-goal at the end?

For me, it looked borderline that the keeper had control - a hand on top? Walks?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the official rule on the non-goal at the end?

For me, it looked borderline that the keeper had control - a hand on top? Walks?

Definitely a foul.

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball:
• while the ball is between his hands or between his hand and any surface
(e.g. ground, own body)
• while holding the ball in his outstretched open hand
• while in the act of bouncing it on the ground or tossing it into the air

When a goalkeeper has gained possession of the ball with his hands, he cannot
be challenged by an opponent.​

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching first half against TFC one can only shake his head. Caps up top are running around like chickens with heads off. Two top guys run away from mids a total plus for Toronto. When Matocks Hurtado and Croacker get the ball all three run in to the wall of player like a mad dog in to the brick wall. Damat coach stop pass and shoot. Hold the triangles not flat walls.
No wander team is loosing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0