Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm totally in agreement with this type of thinking too. I've said for years that 55000 at 25 bucks a head is more than 20000 at 60 bucks a head. Not too mention 2 and a half times the food and booze sales. I don't understand how marketing people don't get this.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, Mattocks is a pathetic excuse as a professional striker... As a fan, I'm starting to get insulted by the insistence of this club to present this crap to me.

That miss kick/"shot" May have taken the cake

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, Mattocks is a pathetic excuse as a professional striker... As a fan, I'm starting to get insulted by the insistence of this club to present this crap to me.

That miss kick/"shot" May have taken the cake
Agreed, perceptions are funny. Rennie would have been flogged for this lineup and persistence to play under achieving players.
The last 6-7 weeks have been a terrible step back in any progress.

seven07

May 20, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't agree more. What are requirements to join whitecaps as a striker now a days? They can barely dribble. Can't shoot. Positioning and runs are terrible. Is it strictly speed now? Let's give Manneh a shot up front he was doing well last season.

On another note I am an avid Teibert hater but as a left mid he has been playing very well and can learn to have him play there.

And was there anyone yelling at Ousted for that goal?

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure whats up with Carl. Said all the right things and had the team going at the start of the season. Now he's trying to force strikers that don't score. Anyone heard of "If it ain't broke don't fix it?" someone let Carl know ITS BROKE! FIX IT. this constant rotation of Mattocks and Hurtado to see who can miss bigger opportunities is embarassing to watch. Why don't we even try giving Salgado a look? fcuk bring in Caleb Clarke. Try anyone.

Also, this 2 striker set with Fernandez isn't working. Fernandez has been terrible lately, and his attempts at "earning" fouls makes Camillo look good. If I was a ref I'd put my whistle in my pocket anytime the ball got near him to teach him a lesson.

Thought Sampson and Dean looked good, Sampson is no Beitashour, but I like a mean tackle, and he made good runs. Dean and Waston crossed paths a bunch, but what are you going to do in a players first start.

Rosales looked pretty good. No Morales, but a decent player. He wasn't a necessary addition to the team, as we can put as many playmakers as we want in the mid, if we don't have capable strikers its a waste.

And a final thought for Dude, I really don't think people would hate on Teibert so much, if the announcers didn't praise him at every opportunity, despite making a good or bad play. Example - short corner in the first, announcers comment on a GREAT CROSS BY TEIBERT, except it was 2 feet behind all of our players runs, guess every other player was wrong. Why are we taking short corners with Dean and Waston in the line up anyways?. Like others on this board, as an outside midfielder, I'm often left confused why he is so closely involved in the play when we're attacking down the right side.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch- agree with everything you said. I just have fun pointing out the obsessive issues of some (1) on this board. That said, I agree he's over hyped and over praised. I also think this squad has bigger problems than Tiebert. First, for me at the moment, is the manager. WTF w/ Mattocks and Hurtado? There arer other strikers in the system that should be turned to right effing now. Hurtado's goal last night changes nothing for me, unfortunately, it will mean Robo goes to him again. Why not put Rosales up top? Honestly, he was a beast yesterday, has intelligence, instinct, and could well adapt. Put the big target man Salgado up there with him and see what happens.

Why is this so obvious to us, yet the manager can't effing figure this out? I hate playing musical coach, but he's showing right now he's out of his depth, badly.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is this so obvious to us, yet the manager can't effing figure this out? I hate playing musical coach, but he's showing right now he's out of his depth, badly.

Probably because its not the managers call.

Full article here.

http://www.vancouversun.com/story_print.html?id=10203355&sponsor=en_135x42_advantagehomeice_c01

c/p from 09/14/14

Rennie remains tight-lipped over his tenure with the Whitecaps

The old coach of the Vancouver Whitecaps isn’t surprised the Major League Soccer team appears to be no farther ahead with a new coach.

Martin Rennie, who left Vancouver in July to coach in South Korea, indicated there are issues within the club unrelated to coaching.

“I know what the problems are,” he said in a recent phone interview. “I didn’t need this season to play out for me to know them.”

Fired last October and replaced by his former assistant, Carl Robinson, Rennie declined to identify the problems or say if they were related to team president Bob Lenarduzzi, ownership or the Whitecaps’ management committee.

“I feel like I’ve done a pretty good job since I left about really not having a go at people,” Rennie said. “I think there’s no real benefit for me to say this guy this, and that guy that and say all the things that are wrong with the Whitecaps.”

But he did say of his new job, coaching K-League expansion team E-land FC in Seoul: “I need to be in a position to create the vision and the values and the culture of the organization. That’s not the case everywhere. The Whitecaps really made me think about what kind of situation would be the best for me. How do I build a club and a culture the way I want it? What kind of control do I need to have?”

The Whitecaps’ 2-1 loss Saturday in Dallas left them at 8-7-13 for 37 points in 28 games. Under Rennie last season, the Whitecaps had 38 points in 28 games and eventually missed the playoffs by three at 13-12-9.

ROBO JUST A PUPPET?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
“I feel like I’ve done a pretty good job since I left about really not having a go at people,” Rennie said. “I think there’s no real benefit for me to say this guy this, and that guy that and say all the things that are wrong with the Whitecaps.”

How about Greg Kerfoot, Steve Luczo, Jeff Mallett, or Steve Nash grab a phone and call Rennie:

"Hey, man! How are you? Can you tell me, in your own words, what do you think is wrong with my club?"

"I think there's no real benefit for me to say this guy this, and that guy that and say all the things that are wrong with the Whitecaps."

"How about $50,000 for your opinion?"

"I am really not sure..."

"How about $100,000?"

"Oh, OK! So, this is what's wrong with your team: ...."

By the way, Kerfoot, Luczo, Mallett, and Nash do not even have to pay Rennie to tell them what's wrong with the club. They can ready TTP and find out for free.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, a comment re this: “The last few months I was in Vancouver, I had a lot of time to see kids play,” Rennie said. “I did a couple of camps for friends, and the talent is absolutely there. But the system is betraying that talent. You can’t deny the results; they’re really not good. So what’s happening in Canadian soccer is not working. I don’t think anyone could really argue with that. If there was one thing — and there are more than one — I’d say that the governance has to be turned upside down.”

Do we need Rennie to tell us this? How many years we have been writing about the same problem here at TTP?

When some guys can get a job at CSA after horrendous results with BCSA it is clear what's wrong with Canadian soccer. It is an easy money for a group of people who do not want to leave their positions while there is no power in Canada to get rid of them.
That is also the case with Whitecaps. Too much influence of one person who has been untouchable now for decades no matter how poor results were.
While I understand that no one cares what's going on with Canadian soccer (in a hockey country) so some individuals (and their friends) can make some outrageous money for their ridiculous work, I can hardly understand how Kerfoot, Luczo, Mallett, and Nash can be satisfied with Whitecaps situation. Oh, wait! Whitecaps are probably not losing money and that is all that counts.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to know why Rennie wasn't exposed to "seeing kids play" within the whole Caps organisation during the time he was there?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know, I talk with "soccer guys" from different spots in the US when I go on some business junkets. BC is known accross the US as being a hot spot for tallent, a good spot in North America for developing players. These are guys my age or a bit older. Then I look at them sideways and go on diatrabs about how effed up we are here in BC and Canada, and that the comparrative standard only seems to be falling. They seem surprised.

We're got everyone fooled.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sure fired up for the rest of the season now.

i think she messed up on the lyrics somewhere, did anyone else notice ??

we are faster, stronger
we need a scorer
come on bobby,
dont screw us no more...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ugh, low budget. Nice to look at...maybe put some money into a proper highlight video to accompany the song. Salgado and Manneh look uncomfortable. Strange...shades of Southsiders at Swanguard strange...

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny how the two guys that should be given a chance to make a difference are the ones singing rather than playing. Really no idea why he hasn't given that combo a chance up front together.....can't be worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0