Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 WCQ Canada vs Honduras 20120612

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KO @ 4:30PM Pacific LIVE on Sportsnet

This one is at "home" in TO - we must get the full 3 points!

Predictions?

2-1 for the good guys.

Go Canada Go!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honduras coming off a 2-0 loss to Panama... win would go along way for Canada.

Going with a shocker scoreline

4-1 Canada.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's in Toronto, so you know the park will be half full in total with approx 7k Canuck fans and 11k supporting Honduras.

Why isn't this game being played somewhere more "Canadian"

Tix were a groupon in TO today... :(

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky last night. Canada had a few great chances but could not finish.

A draw is not the end of the world. If Canada can beat Panama once, or even draw them, and tie Honduras when they play again, they should be fine to go thru.

Ocean worked hard up front once again, tough being the lone striker against a pretty solid defence.

De Resario played great again, but his crosses and corners etc were off. De Guzman had one of the best games I have seen him play in a long time. Will Johnson had a horrible game. I personally thought Ricketts should have started instead of Ledgerwood. The back line did their job and continues the streak of no goals allowed.

Can't wait for he next set of games.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I didn't see the game but it's interesting that De Guzman would find his game with a return of Hutch to the lineup...

Just need to get into the final stage and then hope to God one of the "bubble" internationals out there decide on Canada... we will have a chance then I think to make the Holy Grail. Otherwise we are all southsiders :(

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
thought i saw a video of Jono DeGuzman stating again that he's decided to stay available for the Netherlands...

so he's out so we're essentially now only waiting on Hoilett.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw that as well JBN..

Let's hope Jamaica gets bounced and does not make the next round. If they don't, look for Hoilett to come aboard. He is playing his cards right now, waiting to see who makes the next round.

I will say this, if Canada does overcome the odds and somehow makes the world cup without Jono and Junior, then no way should Hart bring them on board for the World Cup. Canada would have zero chance of winning the World Cup with or without them, so bringing them in at that point would be a slap in the face.

Give them one more round to come aboard, that's it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I think you would need to handle that scenario a bit more carefully Gurps.

IMO, getting to the World Cup isn't about winning (or just showing up), it is at that point about competing in the group games and opening doors for Canadian players at higher level clubs - having current recognisable names in the squad will increase those opportunities greatly.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
exactly Regs,

this team needs to accomplish something with/witout the "names" and then they will have a much better time in the future of encouraging the Dani Fernandez/Jacob Lensky/Junior Hoilett/Jono Deguzmans of the world to come aboard early.

If it's a matter of bouncing the Habers of the world and having the Occeans of the world on the bench instead of starting then it's a no brainer to me anyways.

We aren't talking about a large amount of players... two or three tops if De Guzman does another about face,

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Valid points Regs, just get's frustrating when players do not commit. I would love to see those two playing, would change the whole dynamic of the team.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know who's filling his head with hope, but he is clearly delusional if he thinks he's going to get in the WC squad for de Dutch. :confused:

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Judging by the Dutch display in the Euro Tournament, he seems to have the ego and attitude to play for them.
It amazes me that these players believe what they read about themselves in the media and have such a high opinion of themselves. His Brother is a far better player than he is.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0