Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2017 VMSL Imperial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
rOVERs -never thru the towel in .the blond haired player up front never stopped running and kept running hard at them, both teams had good chances to win it in the extra time.I give credit to inter defender for screaming murder time wasting but when his team took the lead they really started to waste time and not a peep out of him,i guess maybe karma decided to come watch this game in time... Both team hit the posts in extra time.It was kinda sad to see this match decided by pk's.The players all kept crying hurry up lets start the p.k.'s .p.k.'s even went into extra pks and it was all good.......

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach - is it not your job as a soccer coach to coach your team not coach the opponent or the referee's ?
One of my coaches once told me - your a player here to play not here to tell the referee how to ref or what to call .

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach - is it not your job as a soccer coach to coach your team not coach the opponent or the referee's ?
One of my coaches once told me - your a player here to play not here to tell the referee how to ref or what to call .
It is a good question. I once thought this way. Now I tend to believe that the referees, coaches, and players form symbiotic relationships. All parties are better of by having mutual understandings and awareness of each other. In summary, referees might not be aware of the impact that they are having on peoples lives. Failing to take care of certain precautions can land players with serious injuries. Of course, they do not see the months of recovery or the fact that a player might never play again in the same way. Nor do they see the hard work that many players put week in and week out and goes away by a thoughtless call.

In summary, I do understand that refereeing is a very difficult job. They need to be paid more (the VMSL has the resources to do it), but they also need more supervision and feedback, which again the VMSL can afford to do.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh well. he should not be talking about it. all players have confirmed that there was no coin toss. Except one who is away overseas. Referees job is to referee and not coming and posting or talking about games.

Why can he not talk about it when you run your mouth about it after you dumb cnut?

There was definitely a coin toss. Numerous spectators from the game have also confirmed and so has Metro Ford

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach my eyes bleed when I try and read your posts, but the response................priceless!

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In summary, I do understand that refereeing is a very difficult job. They need to be paid more (the VMSL has the resources to do it), but they also need more supervision and feedback, which again the VMSL can afford to do.

Some people would have to be more informed before posting arguments that can make them look like a fool. Just an advice.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some people would have to be more informed before posting arguments that can make them look like a fool. Just an advice.
Perhaps they are more informed that you want them to be. Hence, the need for you and others to post. There is nothing new with this dynamic.

“Wise men speak when they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something”

There is no doubt that the VMSL needs to improve the level of refereeing and devote more resources to support referees. Unless, of course, you guys think that is normal to have referees arriving late into the games, allowing ghost goals when is clear that the ball did not go into the net, missing basic offsides, and constantly confusing frustration with dissent among many other issues.

The fool ones are the ones that are content with the status quo. Then, do not complain when BC soccer insinuates that the VMSL is run in a very unprofessional manner.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
P Unless, of course, you guys think that is normal to have referees arriving late into the games, allowing ghost goals when is clear that the ball did not go into the net, missing basic offsides, and constantly confusing frustration with dissent among many other issues.

Sounds like a regular day in the office for Father John and Circle Ed. Except you would need to add in some beers pre and post game.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps they are more informed that you want them to be. Hence, the need for you and others to post. There is nothing new with this dynamic.

“Wise men speak when they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something”

There is no doubt that the VMSL needs to improve the level of refereeing and devote more resources to support referees. Unless, of course, you guys think that is normal to have referees arriving late into the games, allowing ghost goals when is clear that the ball did not go into the net, missing basic offsides, and constantly confusing frustration with dissent among many other issues.

The fool ones are the ones that are content with the status quo. Then, do not complain when BC soccer insinuates that the VMSL is run in a very unprofessional manner.

Super%20Fast%20Hampster%20Wheel.gif

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I ran into old Herb about 3 weeks ago, coaching a U15 Girls Cup game. Herb is about 75 now, and moves just as fast as he did 25 years ago.

And still just as diabolical. Came over to the sidelines to card me, and ream me out after I gave him an earful. Then we laughed about it after, just like old times.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow - did you, of all people, really just quote that? That's some funny sh*t. So glad you stayed even though you promised to leave. It's better with you here.

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Do you know who educates, trains, qualifies and register referees in order to officiate in BC’s amateur leagues?

Do you know who stipulates the salaries of these referees?

If you don’t please find out.

Perhaps instead of whine at all times in the next league AGM, if you think that you have the ability to improve the operating methods of the VMSL, get someone to nominate you to be part of the Board of Directors.

You do know the say; Step up or s--t up.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you know who educates, trains, qualifies and register referees in order to officiate in BC’s amateur leagues?

Do you know who stipulates the salaries of these referees?

If you don’t please find out.

Perhaps instead of whine at all times in the next league AGM, if you think that you have the ability to improve the operating methods of the VMSL, get someone to nominate you to be part of the Board of Directors.

You do know the say; Step up or s--t up.
This would make Azzi bang on the table even harder

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
This would make Azzi bang on the table even harder
Oh well, it is time for another controversial post from @soccercoach.

At the end of the day, the referees are simply workers who are underpaid, under-supported, and abused. They deserve better wages, benefits, and more support from the league. This is why they are underperforming.

The VMSL has accumulated a significant amount of surplus money who is being kept "for the rainy day" and who has helped to pay other people.
These money comes directly from the backs of the referees.

The VMSL should invest back this accumulated money for the improvement and support of the referees.

Guys, just try to think rationally. The bulk of the money that the VMSL makes comes from the work of the referees. Every week literally thousands of hours of work from the referees makes possible the collection of revenues of the VMSL. Essentially the VMSL is accumulating every year a surplus at the expense of the referees.

I think that most of the players and teams would like to have better refereeing and this will only come with better wages and working conditions.

For instance, if a game gets cancelled, my understanding is that the referee does not get paid. He/she has spent on gas and time. I do not see this as fair.

Not many people want to referee because it is simply not a good deal. Come on guys, it does not take rocket science to see that there is an extraction of surplus value from the work of the referees and into the VMSL coffers.

I really do not see a problem with giving the referees a raise and paying for some supervision and assessments from the "rainy day fund". This is the "rainy" day.

Does someone has a copy of the financials of the VMSL?

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Soccer could buy every referee a gold coin from the Canadian mint then you could not say no coin toss as it would be nice and shiny for you to see
BC soccer could buy every assistant ref a electronic
Flag to communicate with the ref on Phantom plays
Massive fees goes to BC Soccer from every player
In Adult and youth leagues
So I strongly suggest you try for A seat on the BC soccer board
I am sure you could persuade them to your ideas
Of how Soccer should function in BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet