Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2017 VMSL Imperial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romania 2 - Campo Atletico 2 (3-4 on PKs).

Campo does it again. It heroically advances to the next round after surviving a gruelling match with one player less.

The game started with a slow pace and went into Campos favour for most of the first half. Campo kept possession and when losing the ball; the pressing was hard. This forced the Romanians to go long with little effectivity.

The first goal came from a quick transition into the attack. The ball went quickly to our forward who crossed the ball and then a nice finish.

Everything pointed out to a second goal but their keeper made some very good saves and their centerbacks proved to quite reliable.

During the second half the tide changed and Romania came with everything trying to equalize. Campo absorbed the pressure well, but they had good chances. One hit the post and one header went just a few inches wide. We should have scored two more on the counterattack but for some reason an open net was missed and another shot hit the side of the net.

But fortunes can change quickly in soccer. After the 90th minute mark a very difficult situation to asses as from my angle it did not look like a penalty, but the referee was closer.

In my opinion, there was no need to show a second yellow, but the referee decided otherwise and gave them the tie and one man more.

Everything seemed to point out for a Romanian win. They had an extra man and had fresher legs. At some moment we were defending with only eight players as our forward was cramping. But providence was on our side and our forward chested down a long ball between the two centerbacks and tapped to went ahead on the score.

Romania threw the kitchen sink at our defense and with two minutes to go ties it down for a 2-2.

We went into penalties. Our players missed two penalties and we thought this is over pretty much. But then our goalie saved two to make it level.
Both keepers were extraordinary as they were saving and reading the penalty takers well.
One of our more experienced players went to the spot. The keeper read his intentions well so he switched to a panenka and you could only heal the keeper shouting "fcuk" as he was diving and the ball going to the middle.

Pressure on the Romanian defender. You could see that he was tired. He ran to the ball and literally blast it outside of the park.

A good game to watch. Romania did very well and could have won the game but I think that it was a deserved advancing from Campo.

Referee crew did well but in my opinion allowed too much fouling from Romania. I know it is though job but they should have shown the cards from the beginning. A couple of players could not go back into the game after their brutal tackles.
Their current position on the standings does not reflect their strength. I can see why they dispatched the Rinos teams easily.

So guys, we have the dream match....Campo Atletico VMSL B cup winner vs Imperial Cup winner.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref did it...
Of course the ref did it. They always do a huge input on the outcome of a game. We will never know if it is the correct call as there is no video evidence. More often than not a referee decision decides a match (whether correct or incorrect call).

(specially because the first yellow card was for yapping because he was not showing cards when Romania was fouling our players).
The ref should have shown the cards right away and then he would not have had an impact on the game. Our player would not have had a second yellow. He started to show cards towards the end but it was a little too late. The problem with some refs is their own inconsistencies. If you are calling everything by the book and the go by it every single time. He was losing control of the game because he was just tacking to the players. At this level, you know that talking is just given you free range to do a couple of more fouls.

I do not blame our player for complaining for the lack of cards. I did mentioned to the ref as well. I went into the field FOUR times to deal with injured players and two of them could not go back into the game.

I think that in many aspects he is a good ref, but he simply is still allowing too much dangerous play.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went into the field FOUR times

This is why we are such a terrible Soccer nation !!!!

All this Time we have been training our youth to play on the fields when alll along we should have been training them into the fields.

Now I know your secrets!

Last edited:

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach I challenge you to a bet. This should be an easy bet and almost a no brainer for you since you are so certain to beat Metro Ford ("mamas boys") in the next round.

The bet is very simple and as follows:

- If you beat Metro Ford in regular time I will give you $1,000 and another $2,000 to any charity of your liking.
- If Metro Ford beats you in regular time than you give me $1,000 and another $2,000 to a charity of my liking.
- If you win in PK's you will get $500 and $1000 to charity
- If Metro Ford wins than I will get $500 and $1000 to charity

We can negotiate bet amount if you like to do more but I will not do less than what I proposed simply because I don't want to waste my time. We will notarize this bet so that we both feel comfortable about it and we can get a notary/lawyer to hold the funds until the bet is complete and I will pay for notary/lawyer fees. Or another option is that TTP somehow sets up our bet on here.

You can use this money to pay your players to play on your team.

I am not affiliated with Metro Ford and never have been so that we are both clear. I am doing this to see if you truly believe of what you say. If you do than prove it and put your money where your mouth is, otherwise talk is cheap my friend.

I know I am on your ignore list and you might not see this post, can someone please forward this proposal to @Soccer Coach.

This offer expires Thursday Feb. 23 2017 at 11:59 pm.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach I challenge you to a bet. This should be an easy bet and almost a no brainer for you since you are so certain to beat Metro Ford ("mamas boys") in the next round.

The bet is very simple and as follows:

- If you beat Metro Ford in regular time I will give you $1,000 and another $2,000 to any charity of your liking.
- If Metro Ford beats you in regular time than you give me $1,000 and another $2,000 to a charity of my liking.
- If you win in PK's you will get $500 and $1000 to charity
- If Metro Ford wins than I will get $500 and $1000 to charity

We can negotiate bet amount if you like to do more but I will not do less than what I proposed simply because I don't want to waste my time. We will notarize this bet so that we both feel comfortable about it and we can get a notary/lawyer to hold the funds until the bet is complete and I will pay for notary/lawyer fees. Or another option is that TTP somehow sets up our bet on here.

You can use this money to pay your players to play on your team.

I am not affiliated with Metro Ford and never have been so that we are both clear. I am doing this to see if you truly believe of what you say. If you do than prove it and put your money where your mouth is, otherwise talk is cheap my friend.

I know I am on your ignore list and you might not see this post, can someone please forward this proposal to @Soccer Coach.

This offer expires Thursday Feb. 23 2017 at 11:59 pm.
@Soccer Coach - see quoted post.

:)

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cue a condescending, rambling reply about money/gambling/love of the game and how it pertains to North America/the third world/rich v poor demographics etc.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0