Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh well...guys...I am going for a party tonight... all the more sweet after the news...this a moral victory to all the teams that these cheaters have swindled with their army of paid players.

@SmartCoach and @dezza : can you let me know the address where I have to send the Mariachis and Batucadas?

Tequila for everyone in TTP courtesy of @soccercoach

If this guys get really expelled from the cup and suspended, I send you three or four bottles to your next party that involves TTPers...
(I am serious) @Regs

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bit of a long one here, but I have tried to include all the information that I have gathered and, unfortunately, I don't have a fancy website like @GoF where I can publish this and then just post a link. Indeed it is quite the mess that BC Soccer find itself in and we can only hope, at the end of all of this, that it helps to iron out processes and regulations to avoid these sorts of scenarios in the future.

First, a word on the ITC (International Transfer Certificate) and it's role in amateur soccer. These are literally the same regulations that professional players (EPL, La Liga, MLS, etc.) have to abide by when changing teams. FIFA includes a catch all that this also applies to all players, whether designated as professionals or amateurs. Technically speaking, if you move to Canada, and you have played soccer in another country at any organized level, you require one of these certificates. Ie: if you are playing Division 3 and moved here from Ireland, without paying BC Soccer $105 dollars and requesting the proper paperwork from the club and league you were playing with before coming here. It's certainly appears a ludicrous, unnecessary, burdensome, administrative cash grab as who cares if "Mikey O'Reilly" or "Hans Bjorgstaad", the Division 3 plugs out for a run and a pint on the weekend with their mates, have an ITC or not. Hence why leagues and teams are generally dismissive of the process. The issue becomes relevant when you have players playing professionally and then moving countries. Technically, the country they are playing in is important because the day they begin to play there they start accumulating time towards being eligible to represent that country internationally. Is anyone in the BC Soccer Men's amateur landscape going to play for their national team? I suppose we should not dismiss it entirely, but let's just agree that would be the exception, rather than the rule, were it to occur. However, with the soccer landscape for young players in Canada and BC continue to improve with more professional and semi-profession opportunities becoming available, the VMSL, FVSL and VISL are all continuing to attract higher calibre players, many still with ambitions to play soccer as a career. There is a whole process for players who have played professionally to reinstate their amateur status and it goes along with the ITC. In those cases, absolutely, proper paperwork needs to be filled out.

The detailed rules can be found here on FIFA's website:
https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/af...e_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

The CSA provides a somewhat helpful, but mostly boiler plate flow chart about the process here:
https://www.canadasoccer.com/international-transfer-certificates-s16807

And BC Soccer regurgitates that chart and details how you can pay them their money on their site:
https://bcsoccer.net/files/MemberSe...CertificateProcedures_updated_January2018.pdf

If you have followed along this far, you may now be realizing the crux of the issue: How are you, as a coach or manager, expected to know if the player who has turned up on your doorstep requires said clearance to play? The answer is that you can't be. As outlined in Article 7 of FIFA's document, it is the players responsibility to disclose whether or not he has been playing in another country, which is the first massive gap in this process. Only BC Soccer has the ability to communicate with the CSA regarding player eligibility, as stated on their document, so a team's only recourse would be to contact BC Soccer regarding EVERY player that they sign who might require an ITC and inquire about whether one is already on file, if one is required, or if the player does not require clearance. This is a time consuming process that, quite frankly, serves no purpose. However, without following this procedure, teams leave themselves open to exactly the type of situation that is occurring with Rino's and Aldergrove presenting itself. It is also why I understand that both the VMSL and FVSL are requesting that BC Soccer provide an online database that will allow teams to vet players and thus put the accountability squarely on the club before signing a player. As it stands, it is nearly impossible to prove definitively that a club knew the player required an ITC and chose to ignore that fact. That process must change.

As for the present situation with Rino's and Aldergrove, there appears to be several layers. Following the 6-0 loss on Sunday night, the FVSL was rather vocal about their displeasure with Rino's and they way they are alleged to conduct themselves as a club. A public showing of these feelings looks to have presented and opportunity for other with similar feelings towards Rino's to make a move. Sources tell me that a VMSL team, or perhaps teams working in conjunction and sharing information, contacted the FVSL and presented them with the information that Rino's were playing a player who required an ITC and did not have one on file. The team or teams in question had obtained the information as part of an ongoing independent investigation into Rino's and their conduct and, ostensibly, handed the FVSL a smoking gun. Aldergrove were not keen on a protest and they did not want to win the game via a loophole, however, the league acted on their behalf. With another FVSL opponent on tap for Rino's in Langley in the next round, the league, it seems, decided that, rather than spring the trap following the next fixture to act now. Now knowing that Rino's were fielding an ineligible player, it certainly would have looked bad on the FVSL brass had they sat idly by while there teams were eliminated. That being said, per BC Soccer rules, teams must file protests, so perhaps the better play would have been to offer both Aldergrove and Langely the information and let them make the decisions. Regardless, BC Soccer accepted the protest and held a hearing. In the hearing Rino's came armed with several arguments about the leagality of the process (as outlined above), as well as claiming that they were unaware of the player requiring an ITC (which is a legitimate, if perhaps difficult to believe, argument due to the way that they process is currently set up) and, finally, that Aldergrove also played a player who required an ITC but did not have one.

BC Soccer, having already determined that the Rino's player in question was not cleared to play, investigated the alleged Aldergrove player. The Aldergrove player was part of a professional club set up in Germany as a youth and held dual citizenship, however, based on FIFA's rules, he was required to apply for an ITC upon coming to Canada. When it was determined that Rino's had acted outside the rules and were to be punished, it stands to reason that BC Soccer was aware of the massive double standard that not also punishing Aldergrove would seem to present. Therefore, both teams were removed from the tournament, much to the FVSL's displeasure. Some would argue karma, given that they could have chosen to leave this, however, most happy are the collective of VMSL teams who are evidently looking to take down Rino's.

Both the VMSL and FVSL are now in a position to review the status of the team's in their respective leagues now that BC Soccer has put down a marker. It will be fascinating to see how the two administrations handle this. Early indications are that the FVSL understand what a can of worms this could blow up into, while the VMSL, long known for shirking major, precedent setting decisions, is playing a wait and see game with BC Soccer and, perhaps, hoping this will blow over. While the leagues could award Croatia and Surrey the Imperial and Pakenham Cups respectively, they are, of course, unable to give Inter and Port Moody a chance to play for those titles. So too are they unable to give Coquitlam and Abbottsford their spots in the Provincial Cup. More pressing is the issue of the teams' places in the standings. In the FVSL relegation is less of an issue, with North Delta having declined the promotion that they were entitled to. Presumably, if Aldergrove were sanctioned and finished in last place for the 2017/18 season as a result, that would mean that Westcoast, the Division 1 runners up, should play them in a playoff for the final spot in Premier rather than the game they already lost to Burnaby Firefighters. Technically, one supposes that this playoff could still be arranged. More interesting is the potential relegation implications in the VMSL. If Rino's were to be sanctioned, it stands to reason that EDC Burnaby would be saved. Furthermore, sources tell me that a second VMSL team also has a player who would have required an ITC and did not have it. Thus, surely if Rino's were punished, then this team would also be punished, potentially then mean Westside as well would retain their Premier status. Unlike the Aldergrove player who played as a youth oversees, the VMSL players in question are alleged to either currently be playing in the US professionally or semi-professionally or were playing as recently as August.

Unfortunately, all of this is distracting from what is supposed to be the showpiece event for football in the Province. This is the second season that BC Soccer has had to expel a team from one of its competitions. Last season Burnaby Metro Athletic were removed after they were found to have a player on their roster who was also registered in the FVSL. Evidently the player had used his name in one league while playing under his brother's name in the other league. What this all seems to point to is the desperate need for a centralized administrative system for all the Lower Mainland leagues and the ease of access of information for teams and managers. The solution would seem to be to make all the information available and transparent; open up the access to info, clarify the rules and then hold teams who break them fully accountable. Now, instead, we are left sorting out a mess while we are without a quarter final in the Province's top men's soccer competition. We can point fingers all day about who was in the right and who was in the wrong with all the various actions taken by all the various parties, but I think, at the end of the day, everyone, even Langley, would prefer if we had four matches this weekend, rather than just three.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Unfortunately, all of this is distracting from what is supposed to be the showpiece event for football in the Province"

No. I beg to differ. This is great. It is the perfect time to highlight the big problem in the VMSL which is the administration consistently turning a blind e-ye on unethical behaviour from players and teams.

The unprofessional way in which they conducted the league has finally caught up with them. If the VMSL would have investigated the Tigers from the first season, this would have never happened. The VMSL is as responsible as the Tigers.

The same should be said about the case of Milad. This guy assaulted so many players for so many years. We did bring evidence and discussed it at length with Mr. Azzi, but he just dismissed it. The end result is that he kept doing it until it became really bad. The VMSL is as equally guilty as Milad. One for doing the assaults, the other for turning a blind eye.

This might be also a good time to review the case of Castro. He was playing both at the VMSL and FVSL at the same time. He was using the passport of his brother as ID in the FVSL. We did not know about this until @ref44 brought the issue at one game out of the blue. Weeks later Castro finally confessed and was willing to come clean. There was an investigation going on, and Mr. Azzi forgave as long as he played only on the VMSL and not on the FVSL, so he closed the case without proper investigation. All these things are not right. The VMSL has done it for so long, it is time to do clean up. It is a bright day because you can not move soccer up with so much unprofessional and corrupt behaviour.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

I decided to spend yesterday afternoon at the park with my toddler instead of on TTP when everything came out.

I’m not a fan of this type of protest. I’m also not sure I agree that the rule should even be there. Up till now, this is the best some of our better players could get, and I want these leagues to be as good as they can be. On the allegations of paying players, I’ve been pretty clear that I’d rather just turn a blind eye.

These aren’t professionals. Good players? Yes. But if there were a professional place for them to play, they’d be there.

I feel bad for Langley. They were ready for this challenge, and you know I believe they could have done it on the pitch. Now we’ll never know and they are in a no win situation no matter how they do in their next match.

I feel shitty for my good friend @utah who appears caught in the middle of a VMSL squad squabble, as well doesn’t appear to have agreed to or signed the protest. I haven’t spoken to Rob, for the record, just going off what I get from the articles.

My feeling is the CPL coming in will change everything. The better players from all leagues will seek employment. The landscape will need a Tier 3; the three leagues are perfectly positioned to offer this, but I’d humbly suggest the old men running the FVSL and VMSL need to step aside and hand the reigns into people that can work collaboratively. The leagues are in danger of becoming irrelevant fast.

As to Mills....life rule #1: don’t be a dick. Simple as that. If you aren’t a dick, generally respect and good things follow.

Last edited:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
.....and I’m off to ride my bike. If a certain someone feels compelled to reply, or even ban me from his league (again), I’ll be busy not giving a shite. The snow line here in Whistler has climed up a fair bit the last few weeks and days, no more driving to Pemberton or Squamish to find trails. Life is good here, the soccer community fantastic, and I haven’t met one clueless dick yet.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
well I think we all realise that "expenses" are given/paid to the better players in any amateur league....and I know this from my experiences in UK, Europe, Canada.....but personally I always enjoyed playing at the best possible level against the best possible players (often getting a good thrashing). this whole attitude of amateur/pro, paid, unpaid is bullshit. ....are we saying that a player needs to receive cash.....or he gets new boots, his league fees paid. I have no idea who the players concerned are, but if because of him playing, the standard of the league has been raised, or younger players have benefitted from his knowledge then great...lets be honest, if hes that good he would not be in this league.....on the other hand it perhaps explains why the VMSL has dominated the last few years LOL.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A team gets thrashed by a touchdown and then protests on a technicality. This takes bush league two bit to a completely different level.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A team gets thrashed by a touchdown and then protests on a technicality. This takes bush league two bit to a completely different level.
Not exactly as from all accounts so far, said team did not protest.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well I think we all realise that "expenses" are given/paid to the better players in any amateur league....and I know this from my experiences in UK, Europe, Canada.....but personally I always enjoyed playing at the best possible level against the best possible players (often getting a good thrashing). this whole attitude of amateur/pro, paid, unpaid is bullshit. ....are we saying that a player needs to receive cash.....or he gets new boots, his league fees paid. I have no idea who the players concerned are, but if because of him playing, the standard of the league has been raised, or younger players have benefitted from his knowledge then great...lets be honest, if hes that good he would not be in this league.....on the other hand it perhaps explains why the VMSL has dominated the last few years LOL.
I like this post as personally it was how I felt when playing in open - I wanted to play with/against the best. Guys getting free gear, jobs, whatever - who the fcuk cares... it was the competition that made everyone better and the overall "experience" what it was. Fcuk me, back in the day, EVERY team in the VMSL had guys who played CSL / A-League in the Summer... we lost 6 STARTERS during BC Cup runs in the mid-90s.

Peg and Club I paid all player fees and team gear. There were also the occasional team round paid for players. Would these pussies in charge today protest over that?

Probably :rolleyes:

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

I decided to spend yesterday afternoon at the park with my toddler instead of on TTP when everything came out.

I’m not a fan of this type of protest. I’m also not sure I agree that the rule should even be there. Up till now, this is the best some of our better players could get, and I want these leagues to be as good as they can be. On the allegations of paying players, I’ve been pretty clear that I’d rather just turn a blind eye.

These aren’t professionals. Good players? Yes. But if there were a professional place for them to play, they’d be there.

I feel bad for Langley. They were ready for this challenge, and you know I believe they could have done it on the pitch. Now we’ll never know and they are in a no win situation no matter how they do in their next match.

I feel shitty for my good friend @utah who appears caught in the middle of a VMSL squad squabble, as well doesn’t appear to have agreed to or signed the protest. I haven’t spoken to Rob, for the record, just going off what I get from the articles.

My feeling is the CPL coming in will change everything. The better players from all leagues will seek employment. The landscape will need a Tier 3; the three leagues are perfectly positioned to offer this, but I’d humbly suggest the old men running the FVSL and VMSL need to step aside and hand the reigns into people that can work collaboratively. The leagues are in danger of becoming irrelevant fast.

As to Mills....life rule #1: don’t be a dick. Simple as that. If you aren’t a dick, generally respect and good things follow.

Believe it or not, I do appreciate very much the response of @Dude because he articulates very well the arguments and thoughts that has led to this mess.

Lets make this clear.
The Tigers are cheating.
Rino's is acting as accessory for cheating.
The VMSL is conspiring by failing to act.

FIFA, CSA, and BC Soccer are very clear in the definition of "amateur" and the spirit of "amateur competitions".

"According to its object F. I. F. A. accepts two classes of footballers; amateurs and professionals. Professionals are players who receive payment for playing whether on a match fee, part-time or full-time professional basis. Amateurs are players who play without receiving any remuneration whatsoever, except, if required, stipulated expenses which have been actually incurred."

I agree that we all want the level of soccer to improve in this province ate the amateur, semi-professional and professional level. But this is not the way to do it. The Tigers since they were in Division 3 of the VMSL have been trying to attract semi-professional and professional players to their ranks. They have offered money or gifts in kind to attract players to their ever changing and huge rosters. They are well funded by members associated to the Saudi Royal Family and people in power of the Ministry of Sport of Saudi Arabia.

It is cheating and it should stop. If they want to pay players and do what they are doing, they can set a team in a semi-professional league in North America. However, it is wrong for them to use the VMSL and BC Soccer competitions for their means when this are put in place for the competition of "AMATEUR" players.

To put an analogy, this is like saying we need to improve the results of tests in elementary schools. Then, a clever teacher brings students of grade 9th to do the tests for grade 7th. Yes, the results will be higher and the parents and students will receive a higher grade in their test. However, the test is not meant for them. They have cheated the system and the students who did not receive award for their efforts.

@Dude 's argument is like saying yeah we should allow Russia and Neil Armstrong to use substances because they are achieving better results and breaking records and increasing the level of play or performance. Yes we want athletes and teams to do better, but we do not want them to do better by breaking rules or entering competitions that are not designed for them.

The VMSL and BC Cup competitions are designed for the enjoyment of AMATEUR players and teams. For players and teams that have another job but wish to excel at the practice of this beautiful game. The Tigers, Rinos, and the VMSL management have missed this point.

@Dude is also speculating when arguing that the CPL will stop this. It is dangerous thinking.

First, it proposes inaction. Do not do anything about this problem because anyway it will by "miracle" solve itself. This sends the wrong message. This soccer community needs to be guided and BC Soccer and the CSA are sending, correctly, the message that they will act when this rules and spirit of competition is broken.
This is like saying lets do not prosecute Bill Crosby. He is too old to commit any crime in the future. Old age will take care of it.

Second, CPL will change many things. However, it is possible that makes things worst rather than better. If other groups of people see that the Tigers and Rinos are getting away with this, then they will be encouraged to do the same. By this I mean, attracting professional or semi-professional players to levels of competition so they win cups and tournaments intended for AMATEUR players and then brag about in social media for ulterior purposes (i.e. political, religious, or cultural).
Please keep in mind that the Tigers are making a very strong linkage of the success of the team to issues related to Islam, cultural superiority of the Saudis, the way they see the world. This is very explicit in their broadcasts or interviews.

This link is an interview of Mohammed.
http://www.alsharq.net.sa/2014/02/15/1075419
http://www.alsharq.net.sa/2014/02/15/1075419

I am putting the google translation. The translation is a bit odd, but the geist is very clear.

"Interviewer: Tell us about the Tigers?

Dr. Mohammed Abouayesh:
The Tiger Team is a professional football team based in Vancouver, Canada. It was founded by the Canadian Sports Federation of Saudi Students. It is an official voluntary association registered in Canada. It was founded by Dr. Mohammed Abu Aish, former President of the Saudi Club in Vancouver and one of the pioneers of student activities in Canada."

NOTE THAT IN HIS OWN WORD MOHAMMED IS ADMITTING THAT THE TIGERS ARE A PROFESSIONAL TEAM.

"Interviewer: Tell us about the PURPOSE OF THE TEAM?

Dr. Mohammed Abouayesh:
- The benefits are many, including benefits for the benefit of the community and the benefit of the community, for the benefit of the students are the opportunity to play a favorite sport to their heart and spend their free time to engage in appropriate activity and mixing with different schools of sports and culture, and also to experience a professional games with Canadian players, and this experience will benefit from planning to return to professional play In Saudi Arabia, as for the Canadian community, our youth are putting an added footprint in the football competitions in the cities where they play and enjoy the Saudi football school. They also know the Canadian community in the Kingdom and the teachings of Islam, The identity and the culture of the team is not indivisible from the sporting side in any way.

NOTE THAT IN HIS OWN WORD MOHAMMED IS ADMITTING THAT THE TIGERS HAVE OTHER PURPOSES OTHER THAN PROVIDING AMATEUR PLAY. THE TEAM PROMOTES ISLAM AND IDENTITY AND IS TRYING TO PREPARE PLAYERS FOR PROFESSIONAL PLAY IN SAUDI ARABIA.

Now perhaps I am completely wrong. But the purpose of Division 3, 2, 1, VMSL and Provincial B Cups is not in line with the purposes and aims of the Tigers. A team with this purposes and aims should be competing in Semi Pro or Pro leagues.

We would be also safely arguing that VMSL Premier and Cup A competitions are still AMATEUR competitions.

Winning these competitions should not be used later to manufacture videos and press releases and propaganda that promote a specific religion or cultural view.

In other words, the Tigers are a branch of a propaganda machine. This is what some of you do not get. This is wrong. I had an a person who speaks Arabic translating some of the videos (the ones appeared on National Television - i.e. the state run TV that is highly censored and controlled by the government and Royal Saudi family) and the wording is very religious and to some degree offensive for stablished Canadians Code of Conduct.

• ٢٠١٤/٢/١٥ - العدد ٨٠٤
التعليقات

كنداإسراء البدر

أكد مدير فريق النمور الرياضي في مدينة فانكوفر الكندية، الدكتور محمد أبوعيش، أن من أهم الأسباب التي دفعتهم لإنشاء الفريق هو لاستفادة الطلاب المبتعثين وخوضهم تجربة احترافية غير مباشرة قبل عودتهم للسعودية مجدداً بالإضافة إلى عكس انطباع جيد عن الثقافة السعودية لدى الكنديين من خلال الاحتكاك بالفريق، الذي بات من أهم الفرق في كندا على حد وصفه، مشيراً إلى سعادتهم بأن يكون فريقه هو الأول الذي سيحظى بدعم الرئيس العام لرعاية الشباب، رئيس اللجنة الأولمبية السعودية الأمير نواف بن فيصل، رافضاً في الوقت نفسه ألا تكون تسميتهم لفريق الطلبة السعوديين المبتعثين في كندا بـ»النمور» بأن تكون له علاقة بأي ميول أو انتماء لأي الأندية السعودية، وعديد من التفاصيل من خلال اللقاء التالي:

• حدثنا عن الفريق ولماذا تمت تسميته بالنمور؟

626626.jpg

د. محمد أبوعيش
- فريق النمور هو فريق كرة قدم احترافي في مدينة فانكوفر الكندية، انبثق من الاتحاد الرياضي للطلبة السعوديين بكندا، وهي جمعية تطوعية رسمية مسجلة في كندا أسسها الدكتور محمد أبو عيش الرئيس السابق للنادي السعودي بمدينة فانكوفر وأحد رواد الأنشطة الطلابية في كندا»، مع بعض المبتعثين المهتمين بالرياضة في مدينة فانكوفر وبعد زيارة الرئيس العام لرعاية الشباب رئيس اللجنة الأولمبية السعودية الأمير نواف بن فيصل لمدينة فانكوفر أثناء فترة الأولمبياد الشتوي عام 2010، وبعد أن ظل الاتحاد الرياضي للطلبة السعوديين في كندا مهتماً بتنظيم ورعاية الأنشطة الرياضية للمبتعثين في السنة الأولى من تأسيسه، انطلقت في نهاية عام 2010 فكرة تأسيس نادي كرة قدم احترافي تنافسي رسمي في مدينة فانكوفر، وبالفعل اجتمع عديد من المهتمين بالرياضة من المبتعثين السعوديين من إدارة الاتحاد الرياضي للطلبة السعوديين في كندا مع نخبة الرياضيين العرب والمسلمين وتم تأسيس النادي في يناير 2011، وأخيراً اختير اسم النمور لجمع صفات السرعة والقوة والشخصية المهيبة للفريق، ولم يكن لاختيار الاسم أي علاقة أو ميول لأي نادٍ بالمملكة، وبعد تأسيس الفريق تم تسجيله في اتحاد الكرة الرسمي بالمنطقة، ومن ثم تم توقيع عقد استئجار ملاعب تدريب رسمية مع بلدية المدينة ومن ثم المشاركة في الدوري الرسمي لمدينة فانكوفر للدرجة الثالثة في سبتمبر 2011.

• بعد ذلك ماذا تودون أن تقدموا؟
- الفريق أصبح من أقوى الفرق في المدينة ويتمتع بسمعة كبيرة ولله الحمد، فهو أول فريق حديث التكوين يصعد من الدرجة الثالثة إلى الدرجة الأولى في الدوري الرسمي للمدينة خلال عامين، كما أن الفريق اكتسح البطولات في مدينة فانكوفر وحصد 12 بطولة في عامين وهو رقم قياسي وغير مسبوق، ومن ثم تم إنشاء قناة خاصة للفريق على يوتيوب يتابعها عديد من المهتمين بالفريق من داخل وخارج المملكة.

• هل كل أعضاء الفريق هم من المبتعثين السعوديين؟
- إدارة الفريق سعودية بنسبة 100% بقيادة الدكتور محمد أبوعيش وعبدالرزاق العمري وغسان حمصاني وعبدالرحمن الفهيد وعبد الله شينان وعبدالمحسن العمري، فيما الجهاز الفني يقوده المدربان عبدالرزاق الشعالي من المغرب الشقيق، وأحمد هارون من السودان، أما اللاعبون فهناك مجموعة من اللاعبين السعوديين من المبتعثين السعوديين لمدينة فانكوفر جميعهم من لاعبي الأندية في المملكة وهم يشكلون أكثر من نصف لاعبي الفريق في الوقت الحالي ويأتي في مقدمتهم عمر باخميس لاعب نادي الشباب، عبدالله الطيار لاعب نادي الرائد، مرتضى المطرود، لاعب نادي الخليج، عيسى المطر لاعب نادي الطرف، صلاح هوساوي لاعب نادي الأهلي، وهناك عديد من الأسماء العرب والمسلمين في مدينة فانكوفر ونخبة من لاعبي الجامعات، وهذا التنوع هو جزء من تميز الفريق واستقراره.

• كيف ينجح المبتعثون في التوفيق بين الدراسة والنشاطات والمشاركات الرياضية؟
- ممارسة أي نشاط رياضي أو ترفيهي لا يتعارض مع الدراسة إذا استطاع المبتعث تنظيم وقته وترتيب أولوياته، الفريق يتدرب يومين في الأسبوع ويلعب مباراة رسمية واحدة في نهاية الأسبوع، وهذا الوقت يمكن جدولته بسهولة في التقويم الأسبوعي للمبتعث ومع ذلك ولأن الدراسة تأتي أولاً فإن الجهاز الفني يراعي احتياجات اللاعبين أثناء فترات الاختبارات النهائية بدون أن يتأثر الفريق في ظل وجود البديل الجاهز دائماً.

• هل تلقيتم دعماً يكفل للفريق الاستمرار؟
- الرئيس العام لرعاية الشباب رئيس اللجنة الأولمبية السعودية الأمير نواف بن فيصل من خلال حديث فضائي في فترة سابقة أبدى إعجابه بالفريق ورعايته له مادياً ومعنوياً وهو تشريف كبير لنا ومسؤولية عظيمة في الوقت نفسه كوننا أول فريق سعودي خارج الوطن يحظى بدعم وتشجيع من الرئيس العام لرعاية الشباب، وكذلك الملحق الثقافي الدكتور علي البشري أبدى دعمه ودعم الملحقية الثقافية والسفارة السعودية المعنوي لجميع الأعمال الطلابية المتميزة حتى المستقلة منها عن الأندية السعودية، أما بالنسبة لدعم الحكومة الكندية فهو يأتي عن طريق دعم الاتحاد الرياضي للطلبة السعوديين والمسجل رسمياً كمؤسسة غير ربحية، وبالتالي يحصل على تخفيضات في استئجار ملاعب التدريب الأسبوعية.

• ما الفائدة من إنشاء مثل هذه الفرق؟
- الفوائد عديدة، منها فوائد للمبتعثين وفوائد للمجتمع، فبالنسبة للمبتعثين هي فرصة لممارسة رياضة محببة إلى قلبهم وقضاء وقت فراغهم في ممارسة نشاط مناسب والاختلاط بمدارس رياضية وثقافية مختلفة، وأيضاً خوض تجربة احترافية باحتكاكهم مع اللاعبين الكنديين، وهذه التجربة ستفيد مَنْ يخطط للعودة إلى اللعب الاحترافي في السعودية، أما بالنسبة للمجتمع الكندي فإن شبابنا يضعون إضافة وبصمة في منافسات كرة القدم بالمدن التي يلعبون بها ويمتعون المشاهدين بالمدرسة الكروية السعودية المهارية، كما أنهم يعرّفون المجتمع الكندي بالمملكة وتعاليم الإسلام، التي هي جزء من هوية وثقافة الفريق ولا تتجزأ عن الجانب الرياضي بأي حال من الأحوال.

• كيف ترون تفاعل المجتمع الكندي مع فريقكم؟
- كما ذكرت سابقاً الفريق له متابعون ومشجعون من جميع مدن كندا، وليس في فانكوفر وحدها وعديدون يتابعون تقاريرنا الأسبوعية على قناة النمور على يوتيوب، ويكفي أن أذكر أن مباريات النمور هي الأكثر حضوراً بالنسبة للجماهير الكنديين في منافسات دوري الدرجة الأولى بمدينة فانكوفر ليتضح حجم التفاعل مع الفريق والبصمة التي يتركها الفريق من خلال مشاركاته.

• ما الرسالة التي أوصلها الفريق للمجتمع الكندي عن المملكة العربية السعودية؟
- في الحقيقة أن عديداً من اللاعبين الكنديين، الذين يشاركون معنا لا يعرفون كثيراً عن السعودية ولكنهم مع الاحتكاك معنا يبدأون في التعرف علينا عن قرب عن ثقافاتنا وتقاليدنا ومدننا وديننا، الرسالة هي أن الشعب السعودي شعب محترم ومسالم وشبابه يتمتعون بالأخلاق والانضباط والاحترافية في الدراسة والرياضة والحياة اليومية.

626628.jpg

البطولات والمشاركات التي حصل عليها الفريق؟
- بطولة دوري الدرجة الثالثة في فانكوفر 2011
– بطولة دوري الدرجة الثانية في فانكوفر 2012
– كأس مدينة فانكوفر للدرجة الثانية 2012
– كأس مدينة فانكوفر للدرجة الثانية 2013
– كأس أودي الصيفي برتشموند 2012
– دوري أودي الصيفي برتشموند 2013
– الدوري الصيني الشتوي 2013
– كأس رأس السنة الصينية 2013
– كأس الرئيس في فانكوفر لعام 2013
– البطولة الأفريقية في فانكوفر 2013
– بطولة كأس العالم المصغرة في فانكوفر 2013
– الفوز بالتصفيات المؤهلة لكأس الأمم الكندية 2013 ثم الوصول لنصف النهائي في البطولة ذاتها في أول مشاركة باسم المملكة في هذه البطولة الصيفية الأقوى على مستوى كندا، وهذه الفترة الفريق يلعب في دوري الدرجة الأولى ويحقق نتائج متميزة وهو أحد ثلاثة فرق مرشحة للصعود إلى الدرجة الممتازة.

نشرت هذه المادة في صحيفة الشرق المطبوعة العدد رقم (٨٠٤) صفحة (٢٢) بتاريخ (١٥-٠٢-٢٠١٤)
إسراء البدر | كندا

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, yes, the point is that their are very few, if any totally amateur teams, playing in any top amateur league.....that's a fact. Please do not think I am siding with rinos ,they have apparently broke a rule and got punished.... whoever they are, never even seen them, but your idea of totally amateur is long gone, it may be sad...but its true. ......and the sooner all the old farts who live in cuckoo land understand this, the sooner we can move on.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like this post as personally it was how I felt when playing in open - I wanted to play with/against the best. Guys getting free gear, jobs, whatever - who the fcuk cares... it was the competition that made everyone better and the overall "experience" what it was. Fcuk me, back in the day, EVERY team in the VMSL had guys who played CSL / A-League in the Summer... we lost 6 STARTERS during BC Cup runs in the mid-90s.

Peg and Club I paid all player fees and team gear. There were also the occasional team round paid for players. Would these pussies in charge today protest over that?

Probably :rolleyes:

This. Free boots, free kits, free rounds, no fees. Some with “employment” on the side, but not having to show up to get on the payroll. Nothing new. The landscape will change soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0