Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
So in very simple terms can someone tell me what this ITC form actually protects (if that's the right word) What does it stop happening?
This is good question. Please keep in mind that one of the complaints discussed above was related to a minor. There are around 15,000 transfers of players around the world each year. Thus, ITC play a key role in the regulation of the market of players which in the past was abused by all kinds of individuals without ethics or related to organized crime or corrupt government officials.

"For FIFA, protecting the appropriate and stable development of a minor as a whole should prevail over purely sporting interests. In the past, the trafficking of young players to clubs, mainly in Europe, by unscrupulous persons led to some minors, whose talent may not have met the expectations of the respective clubs, being virtually abandoned on the streets in foreign countries. In these cases, minor players often do not know the language or culture and have no means to return to their home countries. It is also necessary to mention that, in some cases, what is questioned is not necessarily the quality of the training and overall education provided to the minors by this or that club but the methods used to bring the minors into the club. Today, although FIFA’s approach may appear harsh in an individual case, it is only by enforcing the rules consistently and strictly that the abuses of the past can be avoided and a proper and safe development of minor players secured."

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m glad you understand the rules. It’s unfortunate you confuse “cheaters and their poor ethics” with actually good guys locally who simply didn’t know the rule. Call that ignorance, call it undereducated as to the world or footballing legislation, whatever....but you truly need to think before you post. You have already created enemies locally being an arrogant mouthpiece that probably couldn’t kick a ball straight if his life depended on it. You have been allied with a program that not only had its own players whispering in the shadows about receiving payment, allegedly known to have players without proper ITC forms. The way I see it, you are a hypocrite of the highest order, wouldn’t recognize good ethics if you life depended on it, and are busy throwing stones in the glass house you live in.

You appear in good company. There seems to be no end to managers out here looking for any loophole they can find to advance their cause just in case they loose. Sorry Sandman, nice sermon, but seriously man.....

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
when do we start testing for performance enhancing drugs? Might as well get that out of the way now too.
Especially in Masters..some of those guys gotta be on something. Like how can you be 5'8" tall and weigh 210lbs and still be the fastest and most aggressive guys on the pitch at age 44.
:p:D

Attachments

• fatty keeper.jpg
    fatty keeper.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 9
  • fat ronny.jpeg
    fat ronny.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 9

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That’s a great point. I wonder how many guys on teams may have a little too much of something or another in their systems. Over the allowable limits for PEDs, for example. How is that different than taking a paper bag full of cash?

Slippery slopes everywhere, and if you have managed a Prem team, you know the odd guy is just a bit too jacked up before a match....but we turn a blind eye. Yet, good guys who legitimately and unknowingly fcuk up by not having some paperwork in order, and in the mind of @Soccer Coach those guys are cheaters.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude Don’t kid yourself if you think they are the only ones paying players. I am sure Sapperton/Hurricanes/Tigers pay one poster boy player more than the entire Rhinos roster.

I won’t get into the BS of ITC forms as I couldn’t care less. I do however find it comical that RobJ is calling out the integrity of Sandman. Sandman has more integrity in his pinky finger than you do. I am glad people on here still think you have integrity because I am not sure the people around the league feel the same way. Please let me know when the AGM is so I can mark it in my calendar.

Good luck to the Hurricanes players in the Semi Finals.

Integrity of Sandman? Is that really what you thought when they kicked your former team mate and coach out? You Peg boys stick together old and new but that was ridiculous the treatment of him.

Adam you've always come and shook my hand after games, I've never had an issue with you and look at you as old guard. If you think what Sandman and your club have done this past week is good then that's on you and you're opinion. All I did was come on clarify that a protest was put in and denied. I wasn't the one that came on here listing in detail what happened, Sandman did that, was he looking for sympathy?

Regs you owe me, when I can get Adam to post on here after years of hibernation and spark up the thread as much as I did, you get the next round when we meet. :).

See you at the AGM Adam, or will you bother showing?.............................................................

Oct 31, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
So in very simple terms can someone tell me what this ITC form actually protects (if that's the right word) What does it stop happening?

I believe, and I could be wrong, that an ITC 'form' AKA ointment helps protect you from ITC when coming in contact with 'Soccer Coach', similar to what has been spreading across local Soccer Mom's and in turn ended up in the beloved back room of the Roxy. Please see your local Doctor if you have been exposed to ITC.

unnamed-1.jpg

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all the distractions is has become difficult to remember that there is actually still a tournament going on. I think at this point we would all like to move on from the protests and drama that has marred this competition up until now and get back to some top quality football, but it seems unlikely that these off field issues will be leaving us any time soon. Perhaps, then, the best we can hope for is a brief interlude, a distraction if you will, as the actual match action resumes this weekend.

Completely Baseless Predictions
Men’s “A” Provincial Cup
Quarter-Finals: 3/3
Overall: 10/11

Semi-Finals:

Club Inter (VMSL) v Langley Utd. (FVSL)
This is a rematch of the semi final game from last season and it is definitely the Match of the Round. Langley did not get a chance to play last round after the protests regarding Rino's and Aldergrove saw both those teams expelled from the competition. It is a classic Catch 22 for Langley, who feel like they have assembled a team capable of winning their and, the Fraser Valley Soccer League's, first ever Provincial title. Obviously they were assured safe passage to the semi finals when the FVSL protested Rino's for player eligibility issues and then BC Soccer, while in the process of discipline proceedings with Rino's, also discovered Aldergrove to have been using ineligible players, thus both teams were disqualified. However, the flip side of that coin is they did not get a chance to earn their way through to this point and, should they go on to win this game and, ultimately, the championship, they will be forever noted as having been aided by a technicality. Langley, though, had no control over such matters; indeed whoever wins the title this season will do so under the cloud of larger administrative issues. The Valley boys must instead focus on the task at hand, defeating an Inter squad who are the defending Provincial Champions. This hurdle was a bridge too far for Langley last season, losing 2-1 on their home patch during Inter's march to Nationals. On that night the FVSL side trailed 2-0 before pulling one back late. They felt the match was simply a matter of fine margins, though highlights from the night seem to show things rather tilted in favour of the "Italians."

Inter are looking to become the first back to back champions in this competition since Surrey United at the height of their program back in 2012 and 2013. While dynasties were commonplace in the previous century, since 1990, back to back winners have only lifted the trophy on three occasions: the aforementioned Surrey Utd., Victoria's Gorge FC in 2001 and 2002 and then NorVan ANAF in 1991 and 1992. Inter got to their title last season by seemingly always having just enough to get the job done. It was a narrow 1-0 win over Peg in the first round and then the same score line over Port Moody in the second round after that fixture had to be rearranged due to lighting issues. Then the 2-1 over Langely before leading 1-0 much of the game in the final against Aldergrove before adding the dagger very late in injury time. The man who opened the scoring in last season's semi will not be taking part this year as Milad Rahmati continues to be banned for his actions in the Imperial Cup, rumours are Inter may have fully cut ties with the mercurial goal scorer who will be eligible to return in October, but the champions will get back centreback Todd Lucyk and winger/fullback Michael Nonni who will be available for the first time in the competition after each serving a two game suspension for their roles in the brawl at the end of last season's final. Inter were convincing in their opener with a quick fire start and a comfortable 3-0 win on the Island over Gorge, but were far from dominant last week against FVSL Champions Coastal. It was nip and tuck until a rash, ill conceived tackle left Coastal with only 10 men. Inter still struggled to boss the game, but did find the decisive goal they needed. Another case of the Vancouver side displaying their greatest attribute, the uncanny ability they have developed to find a way to win when it matters most. The "Italians" have also embraced the villain role with open arms, seemingly taking well to the "Evil Empire" moniker that has been bestowed upon them. Langely will have returned this season vowing to learn from and make up for last year's shortcomings. They believe they have built a team capable of winning this competition and showed great resolve to battle back from 2-0 down to win on penalties over their FVSL rivals Surrey Utd. They are certain that they have another gear and will hope that their involuntary week off has left them rested, rather than rusty. Both these teams are sure that they are the team of destiny this season and hopefully that serves up a cracker of a match. Inter have the experience and the history on their side, but Langley have the passion and hunger to do something special. Inter are likely favourites here, but after watching them struggle a bit against Coastal, I just have a gut feeling that Langley might be able to pull off the shocker. I'm calling an Upset Special in this one, Langley to make it back to back appearances in the final for the FVSL.

Cowichan FC (VISL) v Rovers Tigers Utd. (VMSL)
It has been a tumultuous week for the Vancouver Metro Soccer League Champions. After a dramatic 2-1 come from behind win for the second straight weekend, and this time over their local rivals Pegasus, Rovers found out that they were the subject of a protest regarding player eligibility. International Transfer Certificate, or ITC, issues were once more at the forefront as, after costing both Rino's and Aldergrove their places in the tournament, Peg pointed the target squarely at their local rivals. The protest was ultimately unsuccessful, though BC Soccer's interpretation of the rules certainly did not satisfy Pegasus. Nevertheless it will be Rovers travelling to the Island this weekend as the quest for the first Provincial title for this incarnation of the Rovers franchise; the Sapperton Rovers were champions in 2006 before heading down the path that would eventually lead them across the bridge to Surrey. Having spotted their opponents the opener in both of their matches so far, Rovers have been rescued by their two talisman Pavi Dhillon and former Toronto FC striker, Nick Soolsma. Dhillon and Soolsma have provided all the offense for Rovers and figure to be major factors again this weekend if Tigers are planning on playing for the Province's top prize.

The Vancouver Island Soccer League has been mostly left outside of the fire storm of ITC issues and protests that has enveloped the Mainland leagues. Their four time defending league champions, Cowichan FC, are back in the semi-finals for the first time since 2015. It is also a bounce back season for the VISL as a whole after winning only one game in this competition as a league last year. That being said, the draw was kind to the league, group three VISL sides together in the same quarter. After consistently outperforming their Island rivals in recent campaigns, Cowichan have never been able to translate that into Provincial Cup success. Just three wins in three season and, indeed, their first round win over West Van was the first time they have beaten a VMSL team. Coach Glen Martin described West Van as the "highest ranked team" Cowichan have ever defeated and they followed that up with what one supposes would be considered a more "routine" win over domestic rivals Nanaimo. Based on their own summation, if Cowichan are to progress they will need to conjure up the biggest win in their club's history. They will have home field advantage and traditionally that has always helped Island teams. The VMSL are a different proposition though, they will be traveling to Duncan with a clear goal in mind. Assuming the back room issues have not affect the Surrey boys in their preparation, they should be well favoured in this one and they will know it. The biggest difference in this one may be psychological between a team that is hoping to win against a team that is expecting to win. There should be a raucous, hostile environment for the Mainlander, but I think they will rise to the occasion and book their spot for Swanguard next weekend.

Last edited:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ll leave this here for another time.

Interesting. I wonder if Mills has set up yet another TTP account. My list of "enemies" in this game- guys who actually have it out for me- is 1 (Mills), maybe 1.5 if you count @Soccer Coach. I don't, he's truly harmless, but Mills has the capacity to go angry old bear and snap in the street. You know, like threatening to knock my teeth out at the Provincial Semis while calling me an effing cnut in front of chidren...as an example. The funniest thing is Mills wanted me to be his arrogant mouthpiece. That's the best part.

That said, @Bush Wookie , thanks for your application to the fan club. "I love Dude" shirt in the mail.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting. I wonder if Mills has set up yet another TTP account. My list of "enemies" in this game- guys who actually have it out for me- is 1 (Mills), maybe 1.5 if you count @Soccer Coach. I don't, he's truly harmless, but Mills has the capacity to go angry old bear and snap in the street. You know, like threatening to knock my teeth out at the Provincial Semis while calling me an effing cnut in front of chidren...as an example. The funniest thing is Mills wanted me to be his arrogant mouthpiece. That's the best part.

That said, @Bush Wookie , thanks for your application to the fan club. "I love Dude" shirt in the mail.
I am not your enemy. I will never harm you physically. I do have compassion for you, and actually respect and value you.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, nice.

You need to recognize sarcasm better, but anyhow...you are at worse my on-line nemesis. All good, you weird, weird man.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
when do we start testing for performance enhancing drugs? Might as well get that out of the way now too.
Especially in Masters..some of those guys gotta be on something. Like how can you be 5'8" tall and weigh 210lbs and still be the fastest and most aggressive guys on the pitch at age 44.
:p:D

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all the distractions is has become difficult to remember that there is actually still a tournament going on. I think at this point we would all like to move on from the protests and drama that has marred this competition up until now and get back to some top quality football, but it seems unlikely that these off field issues will be leaving us any time soon. Perhaps, then, the best we can hope for is a brief interlude, a distraction if you will, as the actual match action resumes this weekend.

Completely Baseless Predictions
Men’s “A” Provincial Cup
Quarter-Finals: 3/3
Overall: 10/11

Semi-Finals:

Club Inter (VMSL) v Langley Utd. (FVSL)
This is a rematch of the semi final game from last season and it is definitely the Match of the Round. Langley did not get a chance to play last round after the protests regarding Rino's and Aldergrove saw both those teams expelled from the competition. It is a classic Catch 22 for Langley, who feel like they have assembled a team capable of winning their and, the Fraser Valley Soccer League's, first ever Provincial title. Obviously they were assured safe passage to the semi finals when the FVSL protested Rino's for player eligibility issues and then BC Soccer, while in the process of discipline proceedings with Rino's, also discovered Aldergrove to have been using ineligible players, thus both teams were disqualified. However, the flip side of that coin is they did not get a chance to earn their way through to this point and, should they go on to win this game and, ultimately, the championship, they will be forever noted as having been aided by a technicality. Langley, though, had no control over such matters; indeed whoever wins the title this season will do so under the cloud of larger administrative issues. The Valley boys must instead focus on the task at hand, defeating an Inter squad who are the defending Provincial Champions. This hurdle was a bridge too far for Langley last season, losing 2-1 on their home patch during Inter's march to Nationals. On that night the FVSL side trailed 2-0 before pulling one back late. They felt the match was simply a matter of fine margins, though highlights from the night seem to show things rather tilted in favour of the "Italians."

Inter are looking to become the first back to back champions in this competition since Surrey United at the height of their program back in 2012 and 2013. While dynasties were commonplace in the previous century, since 1990, back to back winners have only lifted the trophy on three occasions: the aforementioned Surrey Utd., Victoria's Gorge FC in 2001 and 2002 and then NorVan ANAF in 1991 and 1992. Inter got to their title last season by seemingly always having just enough to get the job done. It was a narrow 1-0 win over Peg in the first round and then the same score line over Port Moody in the second round after that fixture had to be rearranged due to lighting issues. Then the 2-1 over Langely before leading 1-0 much of the game in the final against Aldergrove before adding the dagger very late in injury time. The man who opened the scoring in last season's semi will not be taking part this year as Milad Rahmati continues to be banned for his actions in the Imperial Cup, rumours are Inter may have fully cut ties with the mercurial goal scorer who will be eligible to return in October, but the champions will get back centreback Todd Lucyk and winger/fullback Michael Nonni who will be available for the first time in the competition after each serving a two game suspension for their roles in the brawl at the end of last season's final. Inter were convincing in their opener with a quick fire start and a comfortable 3-0 win on the Island over Gorge, but were far from dominant last week against FVSL Champions Coastal. It was nip and tuck until a rash, ill conceived tackle left Coastal with only 10 men. Inter still struggled to boss the game, but did find the decisive goal they needed. Another case of the Vancouver side displaying their greatest attribute, the uncanny ability they have developed to find a way to win when it matters most. The "Italians" have also embraced the villain role with open arms, seemingly taking well to the "Evil Empire" moniker that has been bestowed upon them. Langely will have returned this season vowing to learn from and make up for last year's shortcomings. They believe they have built a team capable of winning this competition and showed great resolve to battle back from 2-0 down to win on penalties over their FVSL rivals Surrey Utd. They are certain that they have another gear and will hope that their involuntary week off has left them rested, rather than rusty. Both these teams are sure that they are the team of destiny this season and hopefully that serves up a cracker of a match. Inter have the experience and the history on their side, but Langley have the passion and hunger to do something special. Inter are likely favourites here, but after watching them struggle a bit against Coastal, I just have a gut feeling that Langley might be able to pull off the shocker. I'm calling an Upset Special in this one, Langley to make it back to back appearances in the final for the FVSL.

Cowichan FC (VISL) v Rovers Tigers Utd. (VMSL)
It has been a tumultuous week for the Vancouver Metro Soccer League Champions. After a dramatic 2-1 come from behind win for the second straight weekend, and this time over their local rivals Pegasus, Rovers found out that they were the subject of a protest regarding player eligibility. International Transfer Certificate, or ITC, issues were once more at the forefront as, after costing both Rino's and Aldergrove their places in the tournament, Peg pointed the target squarely at their local rivals. The protest was ultimately unsuccessful, though BC Soccer's interpretation of the rules certainly did not satisfy Pegasus. Nevertheless it will be Rovers travelling to the Island this weekend as the quest for the first Provincial title for this incarnation of the Rovers franchise; the Sapperton Rovers were champions in 2006 before heading down the path that would eventually lead them across the bridge to Surrey. Having spotted their opponents the opener in both of their matches so far, Rovers have been rescued by their two talisman Pavi Dhillon and former Toronto FC striker, Nick Soolsma. Dhillon and Soolsma have provided all the offense for Rovers and figure to be major factors again this weekend if Tigers are planning on playing for the Province's top prize.

The Vancouver Island Soccer League has been mostly left outside of the fire storm of ITC issues and protests that has enveloped the Mainland leagues. Their four time defending league champions, Cowichan FC, are back in the semi-finals for the first time since 2015. It is also a bounce back season for the VISL as a whole after winning only one game in this competition as a league last year. That being said, the draw was kind to the league, group three VISL sides together in the same quarter. After consistently outperforming their Island rivals in recent campaigns, Cowichan have never been able to translate that into Provincial Cup success. Just three wins in three season and, indeed, their first round win over West Van was the first time they have beaten a VMSL team. Coach Glen Martin described West Van as the "highest ranked team" Cowichan have ever defeated and they followed that up with what one supposes would be considered a more "routine" win over domestic rivals Nanaimo. Based on their own summation, if Cowichan are to progress they will need to conjure up the biggest win in their club's history. They will have home field advantage and traditionally that has always helped Island teams. The VMSL are a different proposition though, they will be traveling to Duncan with a clear goal in mind. Assuming the back room issues have not affect the Surrey boys in their preparation, they should be well favoured in this one and they will know it. The biggest difference in this one may be psychological between a team that is hoping to win against a team that is expecting to win. There should be a raucous, hostile environment for the Mainlander, but I think they will rise to the occasion and book their spot for Swanguard next weekend.

It is appreciated that you take the time to write the reports and try that focus goes back to the pitch. However, it is hard not to reply or counter argue when the writings continue to spreading and spewing the ideology and mindset that has created this mess.

"Obviously they were assured safe passage to the semi finals when the FVSL protested Rino's for player eligibility issues and then BC Soccer, while in the process of discipline proceedings with Rino's, also discovered Aldergrove to have been using ineligible players, thus both teams were disqualified. However, the flip side of that coin is they did not get a chance to earn their way through to this point and, should they go on to win this game and, ultimately, the championship, they will be forever noted as having been aided by a technicality. "

There is no reason to question the validity or legitimacy of the probable win by Langley United or any other team this year. It is PART of the competition to have all the paperwork in order and also NOT to engage in the payment of players.

If anything, what should be "forever noted", using your own words, is that previous recent competitions might have not been won by LEGITIMATE teams.

If you TRULY want to improve players and the level of play, then create local leagues and competitions where regulations are followed, and players have proper contracts and rights. This is to ensure their SUSTAINED AND LONG TERM development.

This culture of turning a blind eye on ITC's and on the payment of players with brown bags is stalling the local scene and inviting people with unscrupulous intentions. Sometimes it is baffling for me why some of you keep defending an informal system that clearly has not yielded any positive results.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, nice.

You need to recognize sarcasm better, but anyhow...you are at worse my on-line nemesis. All good, you weird, weird man.
I do recognize that we need to keep arguing with each other and to some degree "fighting" with each other. The only way to move forward.

Bush Wookie

May 3, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money

I’m no fan but wonder if you have to have an unrelenting opinion on absolutely every topic on TTP? My dog has bad breath. OH, I remember back when I had a dog, I was playing premier at the time, my dogs breath was rancid, I’m sure Mills was to blame, have I mentioned I saved Langley by playing Premier in this thread? I’ve writtin it so many times I’ll just keep saying it just in case your eyes glazed over. Save the postage. I signed up to see what was going on and it’s the Dude show.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m no fan but wonder if you have to have an unrelenting opinion on absolutely every topic on TTP? My dog has bad breath. OH, I remember back when I had a dog, I was playing premier at the time, my dogs breath was rancid, I’m sure Mills was to blame, have I mentioned I saved Langley by playing Premier in this thread? I’ve writtin it so many times I’ll just keep saying it just in case your eyes glazed over. Save the postage. I signed up to see what was going on and it’s the Dude show.

Would you prefer a nice signed photo? Not everyone wants a shirt.

"To Thomas,

Salads not cheeseburgers,
Keep your chins up,

Dude."

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fukit Fridays

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually felt awkward for the first time in a long time on this site watching three people I consider decent friends of mine having a go at each other on here.
Old school.

The bit about what goes on in the backroom of the Velvet Underground stays there was awesome though. :D

I also wanted to say I played one year for Metro Ford Wolves by the way.

And Dude, MBE is not a pompous ass.
He's just from West Van is all.

:wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0