Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not involved at that level. Just happy to pick up a few of their discards and hopefully keep them playing until they can get a shot at something bigger.

Are you talking about your men's league involvement, or something else?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, men's only. I'm hoping to stay as far away from youth soccer for as long as possible... which I guess will be until one day when I get sick of my kid having a shitty coach and have to do something about it.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Chapman. I was actually just thinking the other day how the Caps have inadvertently helped TFC get to where they are today. After years of not making the playoffs the TFC fan base must have lost their minds when we made the post season before them and they've been slowly building a better team throughout those years. It takes the fans and the media to turn the screws on the team and management for a change. I'm not aware of the Whitecaps finances but why can't we get a stud player here? Sign a big name and sell out the home games, jerseys, tv rights, give Bell some competition for sponsorship etc....obviously it's not the simple.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I want the media to go after Lenarduzi and Anderson along with Robinson. They are the ones making these hires over the years and setting the budgets. They set the tone for the club and the message I am getting is they are happy to be a mid table team. The problem is the media we have in place here either have no clue about the game and are worried about being called out on it or in the case of Sensi Hansen just doesn't bother. Btw which one is he Halford or Brough?
If they don't want to be playing in a half empty stadium they better start to either play a more entertaining game or lower the cost of the beer because a lot of season tickets in my section are growing frustrated.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta say, love their show, easily my favourite, but Mike is holding back when it comes to Caps.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely the best show on 1040 right now, full of sarcasm and self deprecation. I just wish they would ask Lenarduzzi and Robinson some real questions and follow up on them when they give their standard fluff answers. It's funny the media is too hard on the Canucks and too soft on the Caps.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Say what you want about the Southsiders, at least they follow the law and stop at at all traffic lights and intersections...
I think I said that a while ago. Bad ass fans?
They even say “Thank you very much” when Whitecaps score a goal.
I took my nephew to a game when he was visiting from Newcastle, (hardcore Newcastle fan” & he couldn’t believe it.
I found it a little embarrassing too tbh.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I said that a while ago. Bad ass fans?
They even say “Thank you very much” when Whitecaps score a goal.
I took my nephew to a game when he was visiting from Newcastle, (hardcore Newcastle fan” & he couldn’t believe it.
I found it a little embarrassing too tbh.

Uhhg... yes the "Thank you" thing drives me absolutely insane. It's sooo fcuking Mickey Mouse...

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uhhg... yes the "Thank you" thing drives me absolutely insane. It's sooo fcuking Mickey Mouse...

The "You fat bastard" has also run its course.
Also "Willies Corner". I heard them shouting "You're not Willie" when the opposition had a corner.
Nobody remembers who Willie was, "Willie Johnson".
The crowd of "Yuppies" probably weren't even born when Willie played.
I find it embarrassing.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "You fat bastard" has also run its course.
Also "Willies Corner". I heard them shouting "You're not Willie" when the opposition had a corner.
Nobody remembers who Willie was, "Willie Johnson".
The crowd of "Yuppies" probably weren't even born when Willie played.
I find it embarrassing.

This is what it's like where I come from.
I'm not one of those who are glad Sunderland have been relegated again.
I would prefer to see both Sunderland & Middlesborough in the Premier League, along with Newcastle, then you get the "Derby's".
Here is a look at what it's like before a ball is even kicked.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meh thats tame.

I didn't even see one person double fisting.

The Southsiders March is much better

Look at .14 seconds, that Grandma was scared for her life....

On a side note that Grandma may have been one of the cougars @Dude used to hit on back when he was in his 20's and would frequent New West Cougar bars...she would have been in her 40's back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0