Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Small man crush, purely on a soccer level. Can't say bone, I think I'm comfortable in my heterosexuality, but maybe there is someone out there. I haven't met you yet in person, for example. You never know, it's a brave new world we live in.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meets in busy lounge, guy calls out from across the bar, "Hey, Bandcamp, It's me, Dude, from the Internet!"

I'll have to ponder this one.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sean Melvin, Brendan McDonough, Scott Sutter, Brett Levis, Lass Bangoura, Joaquin Ardaiz all leaving the club (not having contracts/loans extended) and Anthony Blondell acquired fully by CD Huachipato where he's already been on loan from Whitecaps in 2019.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe now Blondell will stop liking every single Whitecaps IG post...

DNJ is a nice enough player, but not remotely worth the hype that Dude gives him... basically a RT in waiting at best...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just imagine the bragging rights a mls team would have to be able to say they discovered Ronaldo.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe now Blondell will stop liking every single Whitecaps IG post...

DNJ is a nice enough player, but not remotely worth the hype that Dude gives him... basically a RT in waiting at best...
Well, maybe now we’ll find out what kind of MLS player he is. I see him as a more skilled Ali Ghazal. He just wasn’t worth the $700 or whatever he took.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The main intention that Whitecaps had with a creation of Residency program was to make a quick buck. Grab all talented players across the country (those who were already developed by somebody else), sign a contract, say that they were developed by Whitecaps then see if they can be sold quickly to some European teams.

Does anyone really believe that Alfonso Davies was developed as a player by Whitecaps? He was 14 when he came to Vancouver (from Edmonton). How much did he learn in Vancouver that he already didn't in Edmonton? I do believe that his success is only thanks to his own talent and nothing else. Yes, he was given a chance and he took it but that was his talent.

If Whitecaps would have been able to really develop players then they would have, at least, improve the abilities of those speedsters they drafted (Mattocks, Hurtado, Manneh). We all know how "successful" all those ended up being at MLS level.

Let's not forget that BC Soccer Association changed the youth system quite a few times to accommodate actually only Whitecaps. What was the final result of all those changes? How many young players made it at least to MLS?
It simply does not make any sense to even assume that there is no talent in BC that can make it to MLS level (to actually play at MLS, not to be just added to a roster without any meaningful playing time).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, didn't take the new guy long to start loaning out players, huh? This is good, the kids (and others) was going to die on the vine around here.

Interested to see what the plan is for that whole crop of players on the U23 Roster.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, didn't take the new guy long to start loaning out players, huh? This is good, the kids (and others) was going to die on the vine around here.

Interested to see what the plan is for that whole crop of players on the U23 Roster.

I thought that was the whole point of Pacific...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure. Just heard he got a start or two before the season ended. But that was a Miami loan not a WFC loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0