Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick thoughts...

1. Do you start Tajon Or Richie on Thursday?

Richie gives more cover on defence and is more physical while Tajon is much better going forward?

Tajon as a super sub?

2. Mark Anthony Kaye or Atiba? I know that seems obvious but dont forget 3 games in a short time.

3. Kennedy or Vitoria?

My choices...

Tajon
Atiba
Kennedy as CB with miller and Johnson on sides assuming a 3 back formation.

The 3 back formation however is why you may need Lareya in possibly. Cant have both wing backs bombing forward with Davies on the other side.

Just some thoughts..

Disclosue some of this came from a Kristian Jack video whete they were talking about starting lineup and some good points were brought up.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh and by the way if we get 6 out of 9 points make sure to make some room on the bandwagon....there is gonna be a lot of folks waiting to jump on......

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
First game at home and a win absolutely essential, I agree Herdman goes with his Best 11 for that one.

Thinking:

Borjan
Johnston/Kennedy/Miller
Buchanan/Eustaquio/Atiba/Osorio/Davies
David/Larin

My goodness is it amazing to have options and depth though to have an actual debate about this!

For the US it will be interesting. Herdman and his staff literally LOVE this sort of thing where they can game plan out who plays where and when.

We've got Hoillet, Vitoria, maybe Henry (though I would rather see him stapled to the bench personally...), MAK (if he doesn't make the Honduras 11), Piette (another I'd have no problem seeing left out entirely), Laryea and maybe Crepeau (because I doubt Borjan plays all 3 games - he's getting up there even for a GK) all ready to go for game two.

That said, El Salvador is, on paper, the weakest team in the group. Herdman has shown immense faith in his depth guys to get the job done in those situations. I don't think its entirely out of the question that Davies and David and Buchanan and Eustaquio and Johnston and Millar, etc. all stay in the line up against the USA. Then the heavier rotation occurs for El Salvador with those guys knowing exactly how important their job is.

It will be fascinating to see and the decisions, whatever they are, will, of course, be judged looking back on the results when the dust settles.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If he is in the starting 11, then yeah, I see him sitting in front of the backline.

Honestly, I think it comes down to what Herdman is thinking for rotation during these 3 games (if any).
It's a tough one. Assuming Atiba is not a better fit than Vittoria (ok, I'll conceded it's a bit nuts), then the question comes down to MAK or Atiba.

I do see rotation against the US. I see that strategically, they don't need all 9 points available this 1st three matches, and the US match lines up badly. Away, and they will look at that match as a must win given Canada is no longer an easy win, and given they will have to come to play us in January (I think??). We, on the other hand, finally find ourselves in a position where we actually have the upper hand in the sense that we will be able to field a very strong "B" squad.

So.....who's the better pick as the "A" squad centre midfielder? Atiba or MAK? For me it's Atiba.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding the backline...

I would not be surprised to see Millar left out as a starter.

From what I remember, the first choice back 3 before Kennedy was hurt was Johnson / Vitoria / Kennedy ?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Regs but man Millar had a monster gold cup.

But you are right Kennedy could get the nod over him and then Vitoria starts...

So many options and so much riding on getting it right.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So basically I paid 10 bucks to see MDS get canned?

Money well spent :bronco:

Need to cancel b4 I forget and it auto renews.

Hopefully the greater audience exposes Wheeler further and pressure is on for a more professional approach to play br play

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So basically I paid 10 bucks to see MDS get canned?

Money well spent :bronco:

Need to cancel b4 I forget and it auto renews.

Hopefully the greater audience exposes Wheeler further and pressure is on for a more professional approach to play br play

Looking forward to Wheeler again crying on twitter about the abuse he's receiving for sucking

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did that actually happen?

Yes Man No GIF by Heavy Steppers

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

"Read the room" applies here.

There is a way to be passionate about your "home" team, while also being professional. There are soooooo many great models for him to look to, both in Canada and elsewhere. If the fan base is telling you that you are unprofessional, and even your running mate doing the color is cringing so hard you can hear it through the broadcast, maybe you need to revise your approach?

These are hockey examples, but...John Shorthouse....Jim Robson...Bob Cole....many more.

I'm glad he's passionate about Canadian footy, that's great. Just be a pro.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
First game at home and a win absolutely essential, I agree Herdman goes with his Best 11 for that one.

Thinking:

Borjan
Johnston/Kennedy/Miller
Buchanan/Eustaquio/Atiba/Osorio/Davies
David/Larin

Team sheet is in. 9 out of 11.

Vitoria instead of Kennedy which I will concede was always a toss up.

Did not see Laryea instead of Osorio though.

I guess it's a 3-4-3??

Borjan
Johnston/Vitoria/Millar
Laryea/Atiba/Eustaquio/Davies
Buchanan/Larin/David

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great lineup. Kennedy was the big decision for sure.

If I read that right Lazy Larin in the middle of the front three which pushed David to the side.

Lazy Larin is better off on the middle will be interesting to see how David does on the side.

Personally never have been a big Osorio fan maybe he does all the little things that you dont notice but Ive watched many tfc games and I honestly just dont see the hype.

Atiba with the start and rightfully so...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0