Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't remember last time that I was excited for Canada game. I can't wait for tonight.

I know 1-3 places go to WC and 4th place goes to playoff. Does it matter which place Canada finishes 1 through 3rd place. I guess the question is if there is any advantage for them if they finish 1st or 3rd? I tried to find something on FIFA site but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't remember last time that I was excited for Canada game. I can't wait for tonight.

I know 1-3 places go to WC and 4th place goes to playoff. Does it matter which place Canada finishes 1 through 3rd place. I guess the question is if there is any advantage for them if they finish 1st or 3rd? I tried to find something on FIFA site but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know?
So far as I understand, once you are "in", it then goes to the WC group draws, so no bonus for winning the qualifying groups vs. qualifying 3rd.

For me, dreaming ahead, I'd love for Canada to get drawn in with either England or Italy, first round.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I can gather, gaining more points towards our FIFA ranking can get us into "Pot 3" for the WC Groupings Draw. So winning out would be the best thing... but that's just my opinion :)

I *think* I read somewhere that the following needs to happen tonight and Canada mathematically qualifies outright:

Canada win
USA lose
Panama lose
Ticos lose

The last 2 might even be lose/draw, dunno can't quite remember.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I can gather, gaining more points towards our FIFA ranking can get us into "Pot 3" for the WC Groupings Draw. So winning out would be the best thing... but that's just my opinion :)

I *think* I read somewhere that the following needs to happen tonight and Canada mathematically qualifies outright:

Canada win
USA lose
Panama lose
Ticos lose

The last 2 might even be lose/draw, dunno can't quite remember.
Ticos is just lose/draw

USA + Panama both losing gets Canada over the line because those 2 have a matchup against each other in the next round and therefore one or both are guaranteed to drop additional point(s)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I believe that first part was translated incorrectly.
What it should have said was:

“As a united group we have decided to play and give everything to keep alive, including our families”

Gun to head hoppip GIF - Find on GIFER

Happy game is back on though!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
still nil/nil at the half for Ticos game... USA up 1-0 30th minute. It's not happening tonight

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0