Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

50 million Lotto Max In Langley.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
IT WAS ME!

Kidding...

Rumor going around that the 50,000,000 unclaimed lotto prize sold in Langley was tracked back to the machine it was sold from and based on video camera footage from that time of purchase the buyer was found to be 17 years old but tried to have his parents cash the ticket.

Not sure if any truth to it. The rules clearly state 19 or older... Time will tell i guess.

Not sure i would be able to carry on knowing I had 50 mil in my sights.

Thoughts

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it illegal for the store to sell it to him or illegal for him to buy it?

That is a huge factor, if I knew I was due 50M and was being cokc-blocked by the BCLC because some irresponsible store owner sold me a ticket when they shouldn't have - I could afford some pretty good lawyers!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think thats the question JBN....

Dont they say (must be 19 or older to play. Know your limit play within it)

Not sure on the details most is just here say speculation... Brings new meaning to the slogan imagine though.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Instance, there's nothing Illegal (AFAIK) for a minor to be asking to buy or be in possession of Cigarettes, however if a store is caught selling the darts to a minor they get in DEEP shite.

Cops cannot charge underage drinkers with any crimes for physically buying (AFAIK) or being in possession of booze, the Cops however do possess the right to seize the booze. Again the selling establishment will face massive trouble if caught selling to minors.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the potential minor here has every right to that ticket, he might have "bought it for his Mum"

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
But then does the word gambling now comes into play.

Would he not be eligible to claim because it is illegal to gamble at his age.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
But then does the word gambling now comes into play.

Would he not be eligible to claim because it is illegal to gamble at his age.

Apparently I've heard that the person who bought the ticket signed it right away. If he was sold the ticket, it's his I guess but BCLC, allows upto 52 weeks max that you can claim your prize, since the kid is 17, 52 weeks later will only guarantee him to be 18 years of age, still less than the 19 years required by law here. Since he's signed the ticket, he's kinda fcuked.

Only thing I could kinda see a loop hole through is If he gets his parents to sign and say they bought it as a group. Don't know what the BCLC will say then..

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0