Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A New Low? Poor Tony..

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still love Thornton's "he can't fight twice in a period? I fought 6 guys at once! I've fought 3 guys in a period! I'm crazy tough!" I may have made the last part up. Looking at his stats, he's never fought twice in one period, never mind 3 times. He was wrong just as much as Gallagher was.

He is talking about the number of arguments he had with his mom while living with her in his youth hockey days. He wanted to chill with the homies, mom had other ideas. One time they fought three times during one "period".

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that the Bruins are ****s and the reality is all their talk is about trying to get teams to stand up to them and play their game. Nobody has a chance if they want to fight back after every whistle and stand up to everything they do, they know that. However it would be nice to have a few guys that could be an intimidating presence but still be able to play a little hockey. I would love to have a guy like Jordin Tootoo on this team, a career 15-20 point guy although he already has 20 points this season, and he is physical, can skate and can throw. We need a few guys that can come out bump some bodies and give an energy shift in their 7-8 minutes.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that the Bruins are ****s and the reality is all their talk is about trying to get teams to stand up to them and play their game. Nobody has a chance if they want to fight back after every whistle and stand up to everything they do, they know that. However it would be nice to have a few guys that could be an intimidating presence but still be able to play a little hockey. I would love to have a guy like Jordin Tootoo on this team, a career 15-20 point guy although he already has 20 points this season, and he is physical, can skate and can throw. We need a few guys that can come out bump some bodies and give an energy shift in their 7-8 minutes.

Bieska could knock anyone of those guys out...minus chara cause he has ape arms.

Canucks dont need to fight draw penalties and score on powerplay.

Chris Neil is what they need....can throw the body and can play!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bieska could knock anyone of those guys out...minus chara cause he has ape arms.

Canucks dont need to fight draw penalties and score on powerplay.

Chris Neil is what they need....can throw the body and can play!

But since Ottawa is making the playoffs I don't see Neil being moved. But a Neil-esque player would be nice.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would love to have a guy like Jordin Tootoo on this team, a career 15-20 point guy although he already has 20 points this season, and he is physical, can skate and can throw.

And also Two-Two's gf is a former Vancouver barstar/server who's family lives here...maybe we can coax her into sweet-talking him to move here from Memphis?

:wa:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was the link i was gonna post.. Does Don Cherry make a national apology on saturday?

Nice find yoda. Who is this polska legend you refer to?

Well Bruins logic is ass backwards so I figured you'd want your name the same so you could understand me

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is exactly what I thought Marchand did in his spare time

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326404478.839073.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326404478.839073.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 187

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marchand you dirty cheap shot son of a bitch! What a fcuking rat bast...............wait a minute. Is it just me or is Marchand actually explaining what really happened? He's going to bat for Dale Weise. WTF? This is confusing behavior for Marchand, and frankly, I don't like it.
P.S. Do more research next time

c/p

Big Bad Blog » Brad Marchand: Shawn Thornton knew Dale Weise wanted to fight Adam McQuaid

Bruins forward Brad Marchand, making his regular appearance on WEEI with Mut and Merloni, revealed Wednesday that Bruins forward Shawn Thornton knew that Vancouver forward Dale Weise was not trying to fight him in the first period of Saturday's game.

Weise extended a challenge and appeared ready to drop his gloves prior to a face-off in the opening period, but when Thornton dropped his gloves at 14:58 of the period, Weise, who had fourth Nathan Horton earlier in the period, kept them on. Though at first glance it appeared Weise was using a cheap tactic to sucker Thornton into a penalty, Marchand said Wednesday that the challenge was indeed being extended to Adam McQuaid, and that Thornton jumped in to "surprise" Weise.

"I'm going to clear it up for everyone who's listening," Marchand said. "It was actually a really sneaky play by Thorty. Weise was trying to fight McQuaid, who was standing behind Thornton on the point. McQuaid was going to fight him. So, Weise was yelling and saying, 'Yeah, let's go, let's go.'

"Thorty just figured that at that point he'd drop his gloves and surprise Weise. And the ref just kind of heard Weise yelling 'Let's go' and thought he was talking to Thorty and conning him into a penalty. Thorty kind of surprised him when Thorty dropped his gloves. Weise had no idea Thorty was going to do that."

Added Marchand: "Him and Quaider know each other a bit from the minors and I think junior as well. They might have went at [it] there."

Marchand's words corroborate Weise's story, as he told reporters prior to Monday's game that he was trying to fight McQuaid.

Thornton expressed confusion by the play following the game, though he did suggest that Weise could have possibly been looking to fight McQuaid. Both players were given unsportsmanlike conduct minors for the ordeal.

"Oh, he said 'let's go'," Thornton said after the game. "I don't know if he was talking to me or someone else but [referee Dan O'Rourke] heard him and [referee Don] VanMassenhoven heard him and that's why he went with me I'm assuming. I mean, you'll have to ask him. But Donny said, "wait until the puck drops" and I said "of course". I heard him say 'we'll go', maybe he was talking to McQuaid or I have no idea. But, I thought it was, obviously thought it was go time."

Thornton added Tuesday night on Comcast Sports Net that he wanted to fight Weise because he was among the players who jumped him when he was drastically outnumbered 3:54 into the game.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
He also admitted that the tattoo you can see in Yoda's photo originally said " Stanley Cup Champians"

I think in that picture he's showing his tattoo artist the ink on Seguin that spells it correctly.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish that was me getting pinched... I'll take Seguin's paycheque thanks...

I'm not going to drag this into a pissing war, not my intent in standing up for the Bruins. And of course I'm a fan; thought that was clear from the SCF thread last year. Apologies if it wasnt, I certainly wasnt trying to hide in the weeds on that. And I'm also not going to call any of you "anus lickers", or imply that you perform fellatio on members of the Canucks. I thought we just lost the youth soccer discussion on here for that type of stuff, but I could be wrong.

Also wasnt trying to suggest the Bruins are angels. For the record, I dont agree with the company line that Marchand's hit was legit. You never see guys duck in hockey, which means Salo cant be expected to see it coming - which is exactly why he lands on his head and gets hurt. So its a dirty play, and as a repeat offender he's full value for the five games. And no, not all the post-whistle stuff is in direct response to anything a Bruins opponent has done, and the videos posted show that the Bruins are no more immune to embellishing than most other teams.

That said, its a bit much when Mason Raymond and Dan Hamhuis go just as low on Bruins in the SCF, Vancouver fan cheers their head off for those, and then wants Marchand strung up when he does it to their boy. Either its a dirty hit or its not, pick your horse and stick with it.

The Canucks are the proverbial schoolyard shithead that runs around at recess ****ing with everybody. Then, when his classmates have had enough, he runs to the principal and whines "they're chasing me"... Only, one day the principal is off banging the substitute teacher, and the shithead gets his ass handed to him. The fact that the Bruins took the odd detour on their road to the Cup to call the Canucks on their bullshit is something I will not apologize for in the slightest. To me, "dirty" is the shite-disturber, not the guy that says fcuk off...

Re Bieksa - I would guess that he could hold his own against any of those three - except maybe McQuaid - I say guess because of how long its been since he fought anyone at or above his own weight class...

I dont see hiding your starting goalie, ducking a couple of fights, and whining your way in and out of town as "standing up" to the Bruins. They took full advantage of more powerplays than a team gets in a playoff series, and snuck out of town with a one goal win. If that makes them feel like they slayed Goliath, yippee for them.

Me? I'm not bothered. Say what you want about the Bruins. Shawn Thornton has his name on the Cup twice. Brad Marchand got his name on it in his rookie year. The Cup currently resides in Boston, thanks to a triumph over the Vancouver Canucks in a series that most people in this city had over in four the other way. Bothered... How could I be better?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Count me as one of those Canucks fans that doesn’t entirely like the make-up of our squad. I don’t like the taunt and turtle element that has become commonplace on our squad. With Burrows, I’m OK w/ it for his production, and it serves a purpose on that line. But, with Kessler, he proved last year that the play between the whistles w/ out the trash worked wonders for his focus and game. I really wish Laperiere was a better fighter, because I like his game otherwise.

That said, I don’t think I’d make too many changes, but consider this: if the Bruins were to offer Marchant straight-up for Mason Raymond, would you take it? You’d be nuts not to. You’d definitely need to make other changes then, though…because the ‘Nucks would be even more hated.

Lucic is a rare breed, and a player like him comes along once in a blue moon, and remember…he wasn’t supposed to even make the show, which is what makes him such a special player. A special as the Sedins, I might add…who have developed their game beyond what anybody except maybe Brian Burke would have imagined.

What I’d love to see is the ‘Nucks make a run at acquiring Jerome Iginla as a rental player for this off-season…a la Colorado acquiring Ray Bourque for his final two seasons. Jerome is well past his prime, but he is the type of player that can summon it for a chance to hoist the cup. He’d be a daemon for those 3.5 months, and add a much needed element of toughness on the 2nd line.

Loving the player Cody Hodgson is developing into, and I think he’ll just keep getting better. He does not look out of place at all on the second line, and I think that line could be even better w/ Kessler out wide and Cody in the centre spot.

Just give me a player like Iginla to take Raymond’s spot for the playoffs, and one fourth liner of the “tougher” variety (Byron Bitts???), and I think the team is set to go.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re Bieksa - I would guess that he could hold his own against any of those three - except maybe McQuaid - I say guess because of how long its been since he fought anyone at or above his own weight class...

There is a reason why he hasn't fought in a while. He has no takers. He is an excellent fighter, but at the same time, if I'm the coach, no way I want one of my top two d pairing getting in fights on any sort of a regular basis.

That said...not sure he'd beat Lucic or McQuaid, but pretty sure he'd pummel Thornton.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0