Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A pause...and a new direction...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very subtle political campaign plug.

That said, anyone who thinks that government leads economic movement is off their rocker. They can certanly impeed it, and stall it with policy, but lead it? No.

A good government for business is one that removes the barriers to doing business, and allows business people to do their thing with little red tape and interference. From that standpoint, maybe by being saddled up to Christy (best of luck to her, I think a great candidate) you will be able to make a meaningful impact in helping move barriers to allow the WCFC to do business in Vancouver.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Dude, however Gordo did do a lot of building himself, in as far as govt funded projects development and construction.

that being said:

A good Provincial Government wouldn't have just accepted the Federal Govt's decision to not permit Taseko's Prosperity Mine, they would have thumbed their nose at them and done it anyways, or would be leading the appeal process, not leaving that to the company that has lost 100 Million + $$ and had to lay of 30% + of their staff to do so. Look at Alberta, look where they came from, look where they are now.

A good provincial govt would be fighting hard for the Embridge Oil Pipeline to proceed, as we (Canada) need other trading partners for our oil products mined in the Athabasca Oil Sands of Alberta than just the US.

A good provincial government would do everything in their power to protect our forestry industry.

I could go on...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, and well done Bill on all your hard work for these last many years. It was fun chatting with you at Tailgates and in the stadium and at WCFC events. Your lobbying really has made a difference, and hopefully your work will continue to be as effective or more on Ms. Clark's campaign trail.

Best of luck, see you at Tempire in the Spring :)

FriendsofSoccer

Apr 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, and well done Bill on all your hard work for these last many years. It was fun chatting with you at Tailgates and in the stadium and at WCFC events. Your lobbying really has made a difference, and hopefully your work will continue to be as effective or more on Ms. Clark's campaign trail.

Best of luck, see you at Tempire in the Spring :)

Thanks Johnny...but as you can imagine, I'm not going far. I'm going to get out to as many VWFC events as I can, and we've been able to keep the guys I've stood with for years at Swangard together at BC Place (and Empire as well, I expect). There's a lot of decades of Whitecaps ahead of me yet (I hope)...and a few years left of over-40 if I get my knee fixed soon and get back in shape (....I hope...)

For the record, I haven't joined her formal campaign yet. At the moment, I'm just making disclosure and encouraging people to support her as well. Also, for those wondering, I'm not a "lobbyist". The term I have to use is "advocate", because lobbyists get paid to project their views and I do not, as they are my personal views...just as this decision was my personal view. But any successful "advocacy" I've done would have been doomed without the support of everyone involved in soccer. We're a pretty powerful force when we can find basic things to agree on, and I'm glad the stadium is one of them. So thanks to everyone here who helped!

And Regs...thanks for your help. I was a bit worried that the Auto-feed from the FoS blog might still be active here. But I promise that this will be the only politically-partisan article to appear there. I felt it was respectful to disclose that I was no longer politically unaligned to FoS supporters...especially those who support the other side. But when the time comes that the stadium issue is raised again, I hope we can all work together once more to get it done this time!

Cheers,
Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0