Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Airport League 2007

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gather that games are getting started this Wednesday.

Same teams as last year? How many TTPers suiting up?

KJ

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rattler:

We'll (Spurs) be back as well, and looking forward to playing you guys at Burnett on Wednesday. We're expecting the majority of Team TTP southwest back as well, with some occasional special guest appearances (no, not Kevin Hector).:D

KJ:

Which team do you play for?

Trece

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be with Justice - I played the last half of last year with them as well.

I think it's tradition you post the schedules!

KJ

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I might, but just might be able to make that special appearance the opening Wed., if not than next week, but boy would I love to speed by the rattler :p heck maybe even score after !

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, since that lazy cnut Vinnie gave up on the league's website.

Week 1 (all games at 6:30pm on Wednesday)

Air Canada vs Blue Devils (new team?) @ South Arm 1
Canadians vs La Furia (renamed Cosmos?) @ South Arm 2
Justice vs Barley @ Burnett 1
Spurs vs UN @ Burnett 2

No mosquito heaven at Steves this year (although Burnett can be almost as bad). It's a lot further for Father John to travel on his bike, though...:D

El Presidente claims that he's actually going to keep closer track of cards this year. Will this play havoc with Barley's target of at least one per game? Cue Animal (the RRSL's own version of Nick Kypreos) for his analysis....

Trece

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Will this play havoc with Barley's target of at least one per game? Cue Animal (the RRSL's own version of Nick Kypreos) for his analysis....

The league can breathe a big sigh of relief as Animal won't be lacing 'em up this year ..... the big man has just got on with the Vancouver Fire Department and is on probation. God help us all :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps:

Walks (as far as I can remember) hasn't played in this league, but he has reffed in it before. Something about the whole Tweedlie family chanting "you suck" at him from the sideline comes to mind...:D

Walks:

Wasn't Animal's playing that I was concerned about. He's mild-mannered compared to some of the other loonies on Barley (not that anybody named McB would ever be accused of foul play:rolleyes::p)... Just thought his opinion might be interesting since Barley's own website normally gives props for the best card of the night (or you could ask him about the revered Horse's Arse Award), and as another long-time player, we've both heard this promise before...

Trece

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Just thought his opinion might be interesting since Barley's own website normally gives props for the best card of the night

That is comedy at it's best right there ........ :D

I actually played with Air Canada a few years ago but after playing on ridiculously small, rock hard fields and against guys that should be playing in a penitentiary league, I've opted for the greener pastures of the Langley Summer and the Ladner Summer Leagues :D

Something about the whole Tweedlie family chanting "you suck" at him from the sideline comes to mind...

If the Tweedlie family are chanting 'you suck' at me, then I must've been terrible :rolleyes: :D

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 2 (all games 6:30pm)

Justice vs. United Nations (South Arm 2)
Air Canada vs. La Furia FC (South Arm 1)
Canadians vs. Malt n' Barley (Burnett 1)
Spurs vs. Blue Devils (Burnett 2)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Catch-up time.

UN 5 Spurs 1 (last week)

Too many players out of commission with upper-body injuries due to the Canucks game.:rolleyes: 2-1 at the half, but Spurs ran out of gas (only 10 guys on the field for us). Nice civilized chat with the Rattler beforehand; friendly but spirited affair on the field with the exception of the prat who mistook my shin for the ball:rolleyes:.

Spurs 2 Blue Devils 0 (this week)

Not able to be at this one due to too many family commitments; score was just emailed to me by one of our field correspondents (not to be confused with pisstanks).

Anybody else with any game results? The weather's not terribly conducive to remaining at the pitch to finish off the coolers' contents...

Trece

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
heck trece, I even made it out to this one, glad to say I missed like 6 break aways, I blame it on my duck feet, but seriously, I came to the game and what do I see, we had 5 or 6 subs, so this year should actually be a great run, with this being said I jinxed us :p

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
UN beat up on Justice...umm 6-0?

I lost track and we started playing 5v5...dont ask.

There is no one on UN shorter thant 6'2" :/

KJ

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no one on UN shorter thant 6'2"

Not true - Pete's only that far around.:D

Rattler's nowhere near that tall, either.

FCb:

you mean Mark actually let you play up front?:eek: What was he thinking?:rolleyes: Obviously things have gone haywire since I turned over the reigns to the Cubs (no, SirM, not the bearcubs) - I'll make sure now that there are no more family commitments on Wednesday nights...

Trece

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, since that lazy cnut Vinnie gave up on the league's website

That cnut setup the first goal and scored the second last night.

glad to say I missed like 6 break aways, I blame it on my duck feet

shite man you had soooo many chances to score..maybe you should blame it on the Austin Powers haicut:D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me guess... you put yourself up front with FCnofinish?:rolleyes:

Next thing I know BB will want to come out of net too...

"Austin Powers haircut...":D See Dap, your hair has nothing to worry about.

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Catch up time:

Last week's game Trece & friends 3, kjohnsob's keystone Kops 2. Don't know if he was even on the field for that one????

Tonight:

Spurz vs. Barley - South Arm #1
Kops vs. Furia - South Arm #2
AC vs. UN - Burnett #1
Canadians vs. Blue Devils - Burnett #2

FCDuckfeet: are you coming to the game tonight? We need a keeper because BB is hurt, and That Lazy Cnut Vinnie just won't cut it...:D

Anybody know if Gurps is still alive?:rolleyes:

Enquiring minds want to know...

Trece

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0