Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Airport League 2007

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I missed it - my knight's league game was wednesday for some reason.

Furia beat 8 man justice 4-1 tonight.

KJ

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight's games:

Furia vs. UN - South Arm 2
Air Canada vs. Kops - South Arm 1
Canadians vs. Spurz - Burnett 1
Blue Devils vs. Barley - Burnett 2

Last week: Barley 3 Spurs 1

Not quite enough offence generated by the team in white; partially due to the ugly old Barley pale blue t-shirts having faded to the point that they are now nearly indistinguishable from our much nicer kit, especially in the dodgey light conditions we were forced to play in (we'll go with that). The net result was that there were a number of nice passes to the other guys by both teams.

Mostly, a winnable game that was not won. Vinnie putting a header past FCbytca didn't help either. No Dumpster, you can't count that as part of a scoring streak...:rolleyes:

Return of Clan Lapa should help tonight against Jimmy the Piano and friends. Will CHAB come out of retirement for this one?

Stay tuned...

Trece

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As posted in the cup thread,

Trece,

A very busy tax season at the CA firm, combined with the annual May trip to Las Vegas combined with a mild concussion incurred courtesy of a disgruntled forward during a East Indian tourney has left me unavailabe to play.

I should be back in action hopefully next week.

So yes I am alive, thought at this point, I sure don't feel it!!!!!!!!!!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Return of Clan Lapa should help tonight against Jimmy the Piano and friends. Will CHAB come out of retirement for this one?

Damn,

Been off this site for a while. If I'd have known the young guns were playing you tonight Trece, I would have shown up to show you how it's done and with Gurps out of the line-up, he wouldn't be there to cover your arse:rolleyes:

You still playing??? Aren't you hitting 50 yet:D . Should be in the over 50 league buddy.

CHAB

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHAB:

Yes, you lazy bastard, I'm still playing. Long way to go before I catch up to Grandpa Tony from Barley....:D Would have loved to have seen your lazy fat backside last night - it would have given me somebody else to meg.

3-1 to Canadians on the night: their 1st goal was badly offside, 2nd a nicely placed shot on a partial breakaway that Vinnie couldn't reach; the 3rd was a worm burner that hit a divot in front of the legend that is the Chiu Man and bounced up over his shoulder as he was in mid-dive. Damned field.:rolleyes:

Our goal was a solo effort by the Hitman; going through at least 3 of their guys on his way to the net to bag his 1st of the last 3 years. Lots of chances for the team in white, but no other finish. Their keeper was a credit to his position, covering the net well, and taking care of business.

Barley and Blue Devils on the next field being reffed by Father John; didn't see any brawls (for once) but didn't hear any score either. Just the usual griping about his blazing speed in the middle...:D

Looking forward to a rematch with both this team and Barley; both were winnable games. Our guys just need to take their chances better.

Trece

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry that i couldn't make it last night trece, i was just about to go when the lady of the house had a different idea...oh yeah, you know what i mean. So till 2 am i was helping her to finish off her school project FOR FAWKZ SAKES I'M TIRED

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wednesday results (that I know about)

Spurz 6 Air Canada 3
Canadians 2 Barley 0

What a freakin' adventure...:rolleyes:

1st half started with AC only fielding 8 players. Something about a Stanley Cup game, I guess... Mikey PS finally loses his virginity on the first of 3 penalties called in this game; 1-0 to us and what looks to be a stroll for the far-too-complacent Spurz. Except that nobody told AC that...

A make-up peno the other way (the politest way I can describe it); game tied 1-1. Our geriatric defence starts to ruminate instead of playing footy, and loses the ball twice to a Greek gazelle masquerading as their lone forward; 3-1 for AC against the play and against common sense.

Coach Trece rips a new one off all his players at halftime (good thing halftime is only 5 minutes long, otherwise he'd still be ranting), and the newly motivated Spurz take the field, only to lose the ball...:rolleyes: Win the ball back, and FCAustinPowersHaircut drives to the right net for a change and (puts it in!:eek:). 3-2.

Convoluted series of plays involving Vinnie and Gurps playing cross-court tennis with each others ensues (no, guys, that's not exactly what I meant by "keeping the ball on the carpet") and FCtwinkletoes gets both feet taken out from under him in the box. He decides that he wants the peno and proceeds to try to tear Alex's hand off with his shot. Poor Alex, that's the hardest I've ever seen him hit a ball... 3-3

AC's numerical disadvantage began to show at this point, and they basically ran out of gas. 3 more for wee Afshin, and that was all she wrote. 6-3 to da Spurz.

AC played well and with class given their lack of numbers.

Cheers,

Trece

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0