Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AMSL Playoffs 2005 [Competetive]

Who will win the AMSL Super Competetive Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The playoffs get started this weekend. I believe the Dragons play the UJ's? It is top 8 who make it isn't it? That should be a pretty good one. Fun. There are some others that could be pretty intense though. Like:

Cheatside and the Slappers will be a good match. I will go with Cheatside in this one though. The always tend to try hard at playoff time. Especially Herb Jr. That guy's a cnut.

BDGC's vs. Violaters. I predict Wade will score 4 in the first 20 minutes and then go in net the rest of the way. Easy win for the Carts.

YG's and Wanderers. Wanderers in a walk. Take it to the bank.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has the playoff schedule for both the competitive and recreational divisions been posted anywhere? It should be interesting to see how many teams results are affected by their players' involvement in this weekends Nation's Cup!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have one more game left but it won't change the standings at all so it will most likely be a UJ/Dragon matchup.
I predict TR to get burned on another gorgeous goal by yours truly, but then of course to be hacked miserably after scoring it.
;)
Nice Poll/Thread

2005 Contenders

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
When is nations cup? I haven't heard anything about it.
Yoda are you sure the standings can't change? What about the Beafeaters?
TR where is Butter FC in the poll?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you guys in the playoffs? I didn't think you were so therefore excluded you from the poll.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I figured with all the Nations Cup talk someone may drop out because of previous commitments. Also all of our games are under review and I am going over team rosters so you never know we may win rec and comp.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know but if you loose and they win their goal difference is better than yours but you beat them head to head. Then you have the Violators who beat you and tied the Beafeaters. What is the order fifa uses for breaking ties. I know I should know this but I failed this part of my test. I could look it up but I am lazy, I mean busy, so maybe someone can share their wisdom.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda I just had a quick look at the fraser Valley web site (your best source for soccer knowledge) and the first tie breaker is head to head which means you are actually behind the Violators right now. The second tie breaker is goal difference. I guess what I am saying is you may want to get at least a single point if the Beafeaters win tonight so things don't get too messy at the bottom.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does it really matter whether we play the Dragons, Young Guns, or BDGC's?
It'll be the last tryhard game of the year.
I'd prefer to play the Dragons as i'm still waiting to taste Chef Knotty's AMSL famous pasta! Even if i have to knock over the pot and pick it up off the ground!

Any idea when that first game is? I heard it's Monday night.
Major conflict with b-ball as the Fort clan are half the co-ed and half the b-ball team. For us to miss either might mean forfeiture.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First round for the Dragons:

Monday Night 6:30PM @ Port Moody Turf vs Beefeaters.

Who plays for Beefeaters?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
THANK-YOU for changing the Final date and time!! Even if we don't make it that far...it would be nice to watch the Finals...rock on...THANK-YOU!! :wa:

striker14

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know this is the wrong thread but I'm curiuos to know who's going to vernon?If there are any players male or female interested in playing with Young Guns up there??You can pm me!!The tournament is august 6 and 7th.Now to get back on track with this thread it was Young Guns winning 6-3 over Violators and in an upset win it was the Might Dragons going down 4-1 to the Beefeaters.YG is not looking forward to playing the Beefeaters at 9:30 at Port Moody turf on thursday.Beefeaters are on a roll outscoring there oppenents 18 to 3 in there last 3 games.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Losing sucks.

:D

4-1. Could have been 12-4... their goalie did well, they finished their chances and before you knew it, it was 4-0 midway through the second half.

Good luck to all the remaining teams. Dragons will attempt to regroup in the off-season with weddings, babies, and shooting drills.

:D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
I know this is the wrong thread but I'm curiuos to know who's going to vernon?If there are any players male or female interested in playing with Young Guns up there??You can pm me!!

Conductor, I thought you didn't know how to PM :confused: :rolleyes: . Thanks for that, I'm shocked you never got back to me b/c I really wanted Kelly and Mylee on my winning Nations' squad :mad:.

It was nice to see Sam play the game of his life (especially after his late Sunday night activities:eek: )

To the Dragons, it was frustrating to watch the team go down but we all know we have lousy history at that pitch. Perhaps next year 'we' can pull through to the end on our own turf -not 100 Kilometers away :rolleyes:

It was great to see everyone, especially the next generation of Dragonettes in full swing :wa:

+OntonextyearSC

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I go away for 34 games in a row and look what happens... you guys stink the shop out and lose. I told you I was the heart and soul of that team. Now maybe you'll believe you can't win with out me and when it comes time to elect the new Captain you won't be so quick to give it to Barney the dog. Again. He's an such an arse sniffer.

Better luck next year, Dragons.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB, if you played your alotted games you could have helped your team last night. I understand you would have been 'fresh' legs coming out from the weekend:eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If by fresh you mean as fresh as 4 day old fish that's been lying in the sun then yes, you're right, I'm as fresh as can be.

Let's see Notty bbq that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0