Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Aquillini = Douche

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey all, I am not going to cut and paste, so I will cross post a topic from the V's Board,

Hope that is ok Regs,

Basically the jist of it is that Bill Currie from Friends Of Soccer has learned that the Canucks Sports & Entertainment Sleazebags are chasing an MLS team in direct competition with Kerfoot/Nash/Mallett

The Voyageurs: Canadian Soccer Supporters - What I know about the Vancouver Bids

This is an absolute smack in the face to the Soccer Community, to all of the hundreds of thousands/millions Kerfoot has poured into Amateur and Youth soccer and wreaks of gravy training again for he and his slumlord family's personal financial gain.

If Aquillini had any sense about him whatsoever he would stop 100% of his Soccer interest and hold a press conference to wish the Caps group luck.

After the Beedie/Gaglardi fiasco this PR battle is not good for his already rusty image.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see what the fuss is about. The Caps bid has everything going for it including the structure needed outside of just the MLS team itself. A competing bid could only match (possibly exceed) the Caps and that would be in the area of finances.

MLS is a smart bunch, this is actually a positive development as I see it - more exposure and media-types getting a daily hard-on regarding soccer-related issues.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is just our canadian attitudes getting in the way....go with our hearts rather than our heads.

I have no interest eith er wya, nor do I know all the facts.
But, from what I read, we are just piZZed that someone is stepping on the Caps to get a MLS team here.
What gives the right to the Caps to have "the" team.

I think Coach and his O-35 Rangers should apply.
NAP Friday night lights v Beckham and the Galaxy!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The thing getting most people irritated is the politicking going on by Aquillini to snuff out major impacts to the Canucks and his concert venue.

Why is the Slumlord all of a sudden interested in Soccer? Because he can make money at it, and God Bless his soul, I am a free market guy myself...But if this has any chance whatsoever of hindering Mr. Kerfoot's plans than he should be taken out behind the shed and taken to task... Kerfoot has dumped so much time/effort/money into the Soccer Community at large, not solely the Caps...

That is what is getting people upset.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The thing getting most people irritated is the politicking going on by Aquillini to snuff out major impacts to the Canucks and his concert venue
That's not what a friend of my sister's husband's car mechanic said.

At the end of the day, a dinky email/letter writing campaign to MLS officials will do sweet FA. Why not hold an event celebrating soccer here and supporting Kerfoot with media attention involved? Seems like a much better idea since it would be an excuse to get pissed as well :D

Seriously, an event like that would also help show the type of support that a Caps bid would bring which is what MLS wants to see.

Do it JBN, you know you want to...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The media is almost 100% (from what I have heard anyways) against Aquillini getting involved with an MLS bid.

All of the guys at the TEAM that I have heard comment on it have been saying aquillini should stay away, it will be a PR nightmare for him to be perceived as backdooring the MLS bid.
The CKNW guys, well...we all know how they feel about Aquillini and the Nucks in General
The Paper as well,

The media needs no convincing, neither do the public.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think it is smart on Aquillini, but in the end, the increased exposure, and increased perception by MLS (correct or not) that Vancouver desperately wants and is willing to pay for this franchise will only help the cause.

All that happens in the end is Aquillini comes off even slimier than he does now.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN,

The point about holding an event with media attention was that it would get more attention with MLS than a dinky email/letter writing campaign.

But if everyone wishes to keep writing letters to Vancouver council, go for it. It's worked wonders so far.

:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not writing letters, others are, but I am too busy posting here to write letters to councilmen ;)

I am just posting an opinion on a message board/forum where people that are probably interested can read the news and my opinion on it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0