Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Argyle’s Dead Wrestlers Society

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wrestling

djones said:
Starcade '87! Was that the tag team tournament for the Crocket Cup that the Road Warriors won? Or was that teh Great American Bash '85? Or was that Starcade '85? I should see if my brother still has those Pro Wrestling Magazines anymore.Good times! :)

This may be saying how much of a wrestling hound I was/am back in the day but I do have about 20-30 editions of Pro Wrestling Illustrated from the early and mid 80's. Once again, sheer quality. What was the name of the song that the Midnight Express walked to the ring to? Jim Cornette (with tennis raquet), Beautiful Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane were the Midnight Express and they faced the Rock and Roll Express (Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton) for the tag team titles at Starcade '85...just to clear it up. :D HOS you forgot about Magnum TA and Nikita Koloff.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wasn't it from Supertramp? It was the coolest entry EVER! They could be wrestling in the worst places but that entry with the dry ice floating around beats any Stone Cold or Undertaker entrance anyday!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another sad passing in the wrestling world...

Another WWE star passes away at a very early age....

Big Bossman passes away at age 42

9/23/2004

Ray Traylor, known to WWE fans as "The Big Bossman", passed away in his home on Wednesday night at the age of 42.
Traylor got his start as Jim Cornette's bodyguard "Big Bubba Rogers" after leaving his job as a real life prison guard in Marietta, Georgia.
After joining Vince McMahon's WWF in 1988, he was given the persona of "Big Boss Man", based on former job, and was managed by "Slick". Traylor went on to feud in the upper-mid card, including a memorable title chase with Hulk Hogan.
After leaving WWF in 1993, Traylor joined worked in Japan alongside "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, before returning to the United States and joining WCW in 1994.
While in WCW, Traylor appeared in a variety of roles including his original gimmick of "Big Bubba Rogers", "The Guardian Angel", "The Boss", and after being kicked out of the nWo, his real name of Ray Traylor.
After re-joining the WWF in the fall of 1998, Traylor appeared as a masked "Big Bossman" and was immediately inserted in a top card feud with Steve Austin as Vince McMahon's enforcer. He would go on to be part of some major angles, including being hanged by The Undertaker's Brood, and participating in the infamous "Hell in a Kennel" match. Traylor would go on to win the WWE Tag Team Titles on December 14th, 1998, and the WWE Hardcore title four times (November 30th, 1998, July 25th August 24th, and October 12th 1999).
Traylor was then assigned to Ohio Valley as an instructor who coached the developmental talent. Earlier this year Traylor worked at Korakuen Hall in Japan, where he attacked "Dr. Death" Steve Williams.
Traylor had been in good spirits, and had not been complaining of any health problems other than a chronically bad knee.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here, a thread for all Argyle's fun and up lifting news in the world of wrastl'un.

I see dead wrestlers...

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

djones said:
Wasn't it from Supertramp? It was the coolest entry EVER! They could be wrestling in the worst places but that entry with the dry ice floating around beats any Stone Cold or Undertaker entrance anyday!

Still trying to find that song from the Midnight Express. Anyone? Is it Genesis? RIP Big Boss man.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This might take some of the gleam of this wonderful memory

Georgio Moroder – Theme from Midnight Express (Midnight Express’s Theme -- NWA )

Mororder is a familiar name to many in the musical industry—I believe he is the one responsible for many dance hits, including much of Donna Summer’s early body of work (AND FLASHDANCE!). This theme from Midnight Express works as kind of a 70’s dance beat to it. It starts off with a minimalist tempo and it takes its time to build up, but when the drum beat kicks in, you get the full scope of the sound. Its important to note that not only was this a theme for the legendary Midnight Express tag team managed by Jim Cornette, but the theme was also brought back in a slightly more up tempo form by independent tag team The Backseat Boys (Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere). The Backseats uses the theme to get the audience to clap in time to the beat, a symbolic gesture of fan approval.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just heard some sad news, as this lady was a great person to speak to...
FORMER WWF VALET MARIANNA KOMLOS PASSES AWAY

Former WWF valet Marianna Komlos, who appeared for several months with the company for short stint during 1999-2000, passed away last month after a lengthy battle with breast cancer. Komlos was 35 at the time of her passing.

Kolmos debuted for the company originally as Beaver Cleavage's mother in a series of vignettes that were immediately discarded after several weeks. She then portrayed the character of Chaz' girlfriend Marianna during a storyline where he allegedly beat her, which ended with G-TV revealing she was faking the injuries. Kolmos left the company shortly after the storyline had concluded.

According to a number of bodybuilding websites (which was Kolmos' primary career), Komlos had been ill for well over a year at the time of her death, dealing with breast cancer and several other major medical issues. At one point, Kolmos had defeated the disease but it returned after it had gone into remission. Our deepest condolences go out to the family and friends of Marianna Kolmos.

She was from BC, born in Kitimat, but was around the Vacouver area at various times. Some people may recall seeing her on stage at some of the local peeler joints.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSN.ca said:
Wrestler Chris Candido: 1972-2005

4/29/2005

NWA-TNA star Chris Candido passed away suddenly Thursday evening in New Jersey.
Candido, 33, reportedly collapsed on Thursday evening and was rushed to the hospital but was not able to be revived.
Candido was said to have been in good spirits following surgery on Monday, where a metal plate and screws were inserted to fix a dislocated ankle, a broken tibia, and a broken fibula. He suffered the injury Sunday while working the opener of the TNA Lockdown PPV.
"I find it only fitting you hear the truth from me about the death of my bestfriend, brother, and soulmate," his brother Johnny wrote soon after. "Chris died tonight due to a blood clot brought on by complications with his surgery."
"I just want to tell everyone that in their sorrow, find a way to be happy that he went out the way he wanted to...on top of the world, blonde, tan, and loving life up until the last minute. Every ounce of my brother loved this sport, and for him to go out 2 or 3 years ago wouldn't have been a fitting end to the life of such a determined, passionate, and benevolent human being."
"I truly view my brother as an angel as will all who knew him. Thanks to everyone for all your positive press, Chris went out a happy man and will forever live on as the(one of) greatest of all time. He would have had it no other way."
Candido appeared at the TNA taping in Orlando, Florida Tuesday, just 24 hours after the surgery, managing the Naturals from a wheelchair to the NWA Tag Team championships.
The grandson of Popeye Chuck Richards, Candido grew up around the business, breaking in as a teenager, setting up rings in the New Jersey area with boyhood friend Balls Mahoney. He worked stints in WWA, ECW, and Jim Cornette's SMW.
After a tour of All Japan Pro Wrestling, Candido was signed by the WWF in early 1995. With Tammy Sytch, the pair were named Skip and Sunny - The Body Donnas.
Another wrestler gone...although this one does not appear to be from steroid abuse...

R.I.P. Skip!!!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see that this thread has been terribly missed...so here is another one!!!!
Former WWE Announcer Passes Away At Age 77
Former WWE announcer and long time on-air talent for the company during the Hulkamania era "Lord" Alfred Hayes passed away this past Wednesday at age 77.

Hayes was also a pro wrestler himself, gaining a lot of attention in the 60s and 70s as a top heel. He began working for WWE in 1982 under Vince McMahon Jr. as his single British voice of the company.

For the last number of years, Hayes had been living on his own in Dallas, Texas. Our condolences go out to the family and friends of Alfred Hayes.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another one bites the dust! :eek: Yikes!

WWE wrestler found dead in Minneapolis hotel; no apparent signs of foul play

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A World Wrestling Entertainment star was found dead in his hotel room Sunday in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE show.

Eduardo (Eddie) Gory Guerrero, 38, didn't respond to a wake-up call Sunday morning, authorities said. His nephew, fellow WWE wrestler Chavo Guerrero, and hotel security at the Minneapolis Marriott City Center forced their way into the room and found him.

There were no apparent signs of foul play, police said. An autopsy was planned to determine how Guerrero died.

His nephew said Guerrero was open about past drug and alcohol abuse but had been sober for four years. Guerrero was married and had three children.

"This is a huge loss," said WWE chairman Vince McMahon. "Eddie was a wonderful, fun-loving human being. Eddie was a consummate performer."

Guerrero was a featured star on the series WWE Smackdown! He was the son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero.

Last year, he became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to be WWE champion, though he lost the title four months later.

A special aired last year on his life called Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story. The program chronicled Guerrero's childhood and his struggle with drug addiction that almost cost him his job, family and life.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
just when I thought that WWf Best of Ricky the Dragon was going to take me out of this. RIP lads. Lord Alfred Hayes what can I say. A sad day.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They don't expect foul play. Really? The guy was juiced to the tits. Maybe that's what killed him.

How many have to die for them to get the message? Won't somebody think of the children!

Tito Santana

Jul 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hoy, mi corazón es pesado. Un amigo ha caído y con él, un pedazo de mi alma. Pozo nuevo de I Eddie. Compartimos mucho una cerveza. Quién la voluntad yo ríe con ahora. ¿Con quién gritaré? Hoy, me pierden.

Adiós mi amigo. Le faltaré.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another sad day in the world of wrestling! Especially when we lose one from Surrey BC!
John "Earthquake" Tenta passes away
June 7, 2006
John “Earthquake” Tenta has passed away at the age of 42 after a lengthy battle with bladder cancer. Tenta is survived by his wife and three kids.
Tenta performed for both World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling throughout the 90s. He made multiple appearances on wrestling’s grandest stage, participating in matches at WrestleManias VI, VII, VIII, X and X-Seven.
In 1992, Earthquake and his partner Typhoon, collectively known as "The Natural Disasters”, defeated Money Inc. to capture the World Tag Team Championship. Prior to his career in professional wrestling, Tenta made a name for himself in Japan as a highly accomplished Sumo wrestler.
RIP Big John!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow! :(

Tenta used to hang around the gym at North Surrey my senior year when he first returned from Japan.

Had no idea he was battling cancer.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh dear...where do i start???

Bam Bam Bigelo...dead.

Mike Awsome...dead.

Bad News Allen (Brown)...dead.

RIP fellas.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet