Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AV Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From TSN:

Less than two years after guiding the Vancouver Canucks to within one win of a Stanley Cup championship, the team is ready to part ways with head coach Alain Vigneault.Sources tell TSN that Vigneault will be fired today, after the Canucks were ousted in four games by the sixth-seeded San Jose Sharks in the first round of the playoffs.
Vigneault served seven years behind the Canucks bench, compiling a regular season record of 313-170-57. He won the Jack Adams Award in 2007 and was voted a finalist on two other occasions.
He took the team to the second round of the playoffs on three separate occasions, missed the playoffs once, and most memorably led them to the Stanley Cup Final against Boston in 2011. However, the Canucks were upset in the first round in the last two seasons, sealing his fate.
The Canucks are also firing associate coaches Newell Brown and Rick Bowness.
More details to follow.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
good riddance. the whining bitching and moaning about all things Bruin was most unbecoming. won't shed a tear for this cnut getting his walking papers...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Say what you want AV walked away with class. Gillis addad onother small guy on D 185lbs guy to play NHL D. Now I think owners are going to lose 12 million before they add a new Coach and a new AST coaches.
Someone in that family has a problem adding things. I know it is not Luigi he is smart guy. Since Gillis came it is all down hill. AV and Burk will most likley endup on a same team.
All free agents from Canucks will go with them. Gillis will get his walkinng ticket next year same time. That is when they miss playoffs. Wrong guy got sent home.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A friend of a friend in Maple Ridge who knows the Morrison family very well said the exact same thing to me when Brendan was in Vancouver.
Not even between periods was the rumour I heard.

Whatever that means one way or the other.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gillis is true two face SOB. He drafts the player he add the players to both miner and main club. All the players he added are players for fiourth line. Yet he blames AV. AV was the best coach club ever head. He should have been the GM. Gillis should have got the foot up his ars. AV would have got rid of all those gutless guys. Tippett is nowhere as good as AV. X Baffalo coach is a mad man. Players shot him off in a year or two. Scott from farm club need to be Asst. coach for two years. Maybe if Robinson gets here we might turn the corner. It will be fan to watch what will be going on. I see us spinning out of control sooner than we think.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How ironic that Gillis is talking to Eakins. Might as well bring Burk back. That's Burks guy coaching Toronto farm Club.
They all bamed Burk but he has what it takes to make the moves. I am sure if they gave him second in command he would come here. He would also trade Bieksa for Torontos captain. Both clubs would be better off. He might even sell Bullard to Toronto. Gillis needs Burk for trades and farm club management. This way they could build better future.
I still think best coach out there is the guy that got Carolina the cup, Morice -------. Knowing Gillis he will add some gummer guy to lisen to his mones.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs you are the best Ballard should join show. He might be better in show buiss than hockey games. I do know AV did not give him respect he needed his confidence went down. He should have asked for a trade. I am sure two teams in this league could use his speed and skill.
Sometimes players get shunted for a wrong reason. Ballard is better than some guys think. But in Canucks div. to play D 6'2" 220 LBS is a must or you will get pushed around and turn overs will bench you.
The kid they just got on contract is 6 176 LBS D I think Gillis will give him the D spot. It is funny when you see what goes on in Gillis's head. Just look at LA and ST Jose and you tell me if we can use a 5'10 D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0