Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Avery vs. Phenouf

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Superficial

So, apparently hockey is a gentleman's sport now? Huh. I must be confused by all the punching and knocking out of teeth. Interesting. If that's the case, why not make the players wear tuxes and top hats? You know, keep things classy. Then, if your teammate makes unsavory comments about a former lover, you can slap them in the face with your gloves and demand satisfaction. Which is also why everybody gets a pistol. Hear, hear!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The funny thing in all of this seems to me the hypocrisy of the media and their reactions... I've heard the clip dozens of times unedited as well as in print.

And it's mainly because he said "sloppy seconds" instead of "ex fcuk friends".

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know man.

Don't get me wrong...I'd throw my sausage down that hallway. I may even stand at the end of the smorgasborg.

That being said, besides lacking in brown nuggets, she's sort of frumpy.

3 / 5 toothpicks.

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
only 'cause I'm a catty jealous bitch...no but seriously I see hundreds of more beautiful women everyday. Hate to wreck the fantasy but make up, airbrushing and a professional stylists make a world of difference, I vote frumpy.

BTW, this whole suspension things is bloody ridiculous, it's hockey not world politics.:mad:

Attachments

• elishacuthbertwithoutmakeup.jpg
    elishacuthbertwithoutmakeup.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 295

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
6 games and part of hockey is unfortunately politics

Possibly if he had of said it in the midst of a post game interview but to summon the reporters together and give them an obviously planned speech, doesnt' make it look very good.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Stars have removed him from their roster on their website :eek:

I think his career is in serious peril.

Like most contracts, there is an "out" if the athlete is guilty of "unbecoming conduct." Not sure if this instance would hold up in court as being justification to void a 4 year contract.

Maybe he could get into colour commentary with Barry Melrose.

Then again, like Lita, I've seen Avery without his make-up on and I am not sure if he would pass the Hi-Def test for good looks.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They're looking in to buying his contract out. Me, personally, thought the comment was hilarious, but he should have kept it on the ice as now it basically ends his career, the only teams that will want him are the ones no on wants to play for.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deserves everything he gets. Guy has been an embarassment to the NHL and himself for some time. He is just another spoiled athlete that doesn't realize he is lucky to have what he does. 6 games is a start, I personally hope the Stars find a clause to allow them to dump his ass. On the ice or off it his comments were pretty sad (I did laugh though).

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was fcuken funny! Best thing on sports center in years! You could tell with the look on his face while walking away that he knew it would stir things up. I'd be willing to bet that Pheneuf laughed his ass off after seeing it.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0