Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Place Reno **Update: Done Deal**

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: BC Place Reno

where did the upper bowl go?

that looks like it could have an atmosphere.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

It looks awesome, exactly as I thought it would look once they dropped a hint at it looking like Eintracht Frankfurt's Commerzbank Stadium

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That is fricken awesome and to be honest - I like it better than the waterfront stadium design. Seriously.

KJ - compare 2 of the renderings and you will see that the center hole 'billows' - the upper deck is behind all of it.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The upperbowl is made available as the roof stretches higher up the perimeter spires, revelaing the seats of the upper bowl. Go to all the renderings.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

The upperbowl is made available as the roof stretches higher up the perimeter spires, revelaing the seats of the upper bowl. Go to all the renderings.

That's....impressive.

hopefully the new seats are good, there's going to be no leg room. not that you need seats at whitecaps games :bronco:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

But where will all the losers throw their empty cups and spew profanity in ear shot of fans and 8 year old ball boys and girls... errrr sorry, create atmosphere?

The side line seats still looks like it's miles away from the pitch.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Front row still looks like it's miles away from the pitch.

I agree. You can dress up a turd, but it is still a turd. Too far away from the field, and the accoustics will still suck for concerts.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

But where will all the losers throw their empty cups and spew profanity in ear shot of fans and 8 year old ball boys and girls... errrr sorry, create atmosphere?

The side line seats still looks like it's miles away from the pitch.

Still looks like I could get my cup on the field. And swear at little kids.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Agree with Freddy. They should have blown it up years ago....You are telling me we don't have the money from somewhere to build a beauty? It is still a white fricken elephant!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

They can't play on grass, it doesn't make logistical sense for BC Place to have grass.

The money makers for them are the tradeshows and exhibitions, which would be a catastrophe for real grass.

Also the only team in the CFL with Grass is Edmonton with Commonwealth.

I'd wager a guess at over half the MLS teams play on turf too.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

No, the controversy with TFC comes from the National Team members that play overseas prefer grass. Yet BMO is the best place for our MNT to play, and as such they are looking into real grass.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Check that:

Kansas, New England, San Jose, and Toronto, as well as incoming Seattle play on Synthetic surfaces, and so do NY Red Bulls, however once Red Bull Arena is done they will be on grass.

That being said, almost the entire league was playing on turf until they made a mission of all the teams playing in their own revenue controlled SSS (Soccer specific stadia)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cool little tidbit:

BC Place will have "ribbon LED" around the stadium like you see in NHL hockey arenas. Apparently they will also have the LED 'billboards' at field level as you see in many European stadiums.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Huge news breaking tonight that the retractable roof project is being "delayed" with no explanation as to why, nor why the project is expected to be completed now.

In other news, the Edmonton Whitecaps have announced tickets will be going on sale soon for 2011...

:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I can't for the life of me understand why this would be delayed.

I am in contracting and jobs are going for lower margins than ever before in my working expeirence. Also the moneys, or a large sum of it, are coming from the selling off of lands surrounding BC Place by PavCo. It makes no sense to me why this would be getting delayed other than Gordo changing his tune and trying to sink his own battleship as the HST has pretty much cursed his leagacy going forward...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0