Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookinsideurface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge were a classy bunch and great hosts!! (if I were Gorge 24 I would make sure I left room for ICST on Darcy's VIP list....;))

Ha.... I only put Tiernan on the list when he is in town for business golf trips!
But maybe I could make an exception if any of the Peg boys want to come over to Vic on Saturday. Let me know..... :)

CalmYourself

Nov 14, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
...I thought WestVan were trying to promote good football this cup run and scheduled all their games on a legit grass field, Kinsmen? Why the change to concrete?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, CJ's goal was a thing of beauty, curling into the top corner, off the post and in. Even the opposing fans were applauding.

All in all, an outstanding peformance by our boys....it is very difficult to play any game on the island at this time...with a 12pm kickoff...and on the biggest pitch I have seen this year (walked it off before the game at 150 yds x 75 yds)...not to mention it was extremely bumpy grass....only our 2nd game out of 26 on grass this year! Of course, the real beauty of it all is....

We get to go back and try it again next weekend vs. Gorge! We went to check out the Gorge/Akal game afterwards and what a brilliant set up they have for a match. Great clubhouse, beer garden, and atmosphere (most clapping by fans I have ever seen at this level). Going to be a very tricky game for us next week...we are looking for supporters to make the trek and we have access to several blueberry vans if anyone needs a ride :D

I'm in...........:)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van's home field is Ambleside. The league booked Kinsmen for the Imperial Cup final, and we booked Kinsmen last week because we were not allowed to play Island teams other than between noon and 4PM on Sat or Sun, and Ambleside is only available during the evening.

I get that Ambleside hasn't been kind to Columbus this year, but it is our home field, and we are the home team.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ambleside is packed down turf sure, but promoting shitty soccer is not on. All turf fields get packed down eventually and have to be re-done. Just look at livingston. shite once now good. How about burnaby lake? Packed down for at least the last 3 or 4 years. Ambleside will eventually be replaced but until then suck it up princess and thank god your not a goalie there in the winter when it is frozen. I love that no one wants to play there but i don't think it's cause of the turf.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ambleside is packed down turf sure, but promoting shitty soccer is not on. All turf fields get packed down eventually and have to be re-done. Just look at livingston. shite once now good. How about burnaby lake? Packed down for at least the last 3 or 4 years. Ambleside will eventually be replaced but until then suck it up princess and thank god your not a goalie there in the winter when it is frozen. I love that no one wants to play there but i don't think it's cause of the turf.

Im sure SUFF wont have a problem playing there :wa:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If West Van and Surrey both win, and that is if, their next game will be at Town Center.

So your point is moot, thersefore I won't bring up the fact that SU did not win at Ambleside this year.

Mainoffender

Sep 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is because the turf.
I've watched many games there. And its not good soccer.
Good teams playing, but not good soccer. Its another game all together.
Especially when its raining in winter.

real tough to play through balls,
fifty fiftys everywhere,
Bounces 15 feet high,
very little possesion soccer,

Westvan our very good on their home cement.
why wouldn't they.

BC soccer should have all these games on grass. Especially this time of year with the weather we are having.
I can not believe that the game is now being played on hard turf before grass when we have the option.
Its so sad.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet we can arrange to get Kinsmen for the semis or the finals given a bit of notice...

Just sayin...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ambelside is the issue.........not Burnaby Lake......Ambelside is probably the worst of all the turf fields with Burnaby Lake a close second...I think that is the point being brought up? West Van will win wherever they play but Ambelside is a shitty turf field.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
such a muppet cs. My point was that turf starts good and turns hard and packed down after time and usage. Drive by ambleside sometime and see how many people play on it. Regardless of how you feel the game will be there friday if you want to come see a battle as i know it will be.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand everyone's point about Ambleside, and trust me we will be working on it and other issues as well. But for now, WV's home field is Ambleside. It is not like WVFC owns the field or something, it is probably owned more by U12 girls grass hockey (if you ever want to see a lot of Botox and Range Rovers, drop by there on any given Saturday or Sunday this time of year).

Repeat, I still think we can get Kinsmen for the finals...

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand everyone's point about Ambleside, and trust me we will be working on it and other issues as well. But for now, WV's home field is Ambleside. It is not like WVFC owns the field or something, it is probably owned more by U12 girls grass hockey (if you ever want to see a lot of Botox and Range Rovers, drop by there on any given Saturday or Sunday this time of year).

Repeat, I still think we can get Kinsmen for the finals...

After seeing the Imperial Cup finals, I asked Azzi why he wouldn't book Kinsmen again for the provincial cup semi's. He told me that there were too many games to schedule on one field, even over 2 days. SirM, you should table this offer with him again and maybe toss in Confederation as an extra pitch, which could be used for the U-21's and/or the women's semi's....just a thought. The other quality option was thrown out by Ghouse...South Surrey has several brilliant grass pitches, all side by side. Town Centre sucks due to the track around the field and the stands making it feel as though no one is at the game.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would Reedie, but for some reason I keep thinking about that Bombay TV episode a few weeks back when you kept getting told to sit down no stand up re the BCPL.

Ill mention it to him. M.

Ps so over two days they need 2 games in the women's, U21s, Masters and Open? Do they all have to be at the same locations?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
such a muppet cs. My point was that turf starts good and turns hard and packed down after time and usage. Drive by ambleside sometime and see how many people play on it. Regardless of how you feel the game will be there friday if you want to come see a battle as i know it will be.

Thanks, Larsson....:confused:

It is a bad turf 'field'. That's all I said.....nothing about the venue, just the field. Please don't get your knickers in a twist before the games starts, 2'9'. We've seen video of your reaction to proper calls by the ref so you need to be less stressed going into a big game. :) Just a little friendly advice.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

29[/QU
Livingston was not a TURF field for 15 years it was carpet same as Eric Hamber

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
looks like a muppet, walks like a muppet, and definately talks like a muppet, probably a muppet. Please don't talk about things you know nothing about. Maybe you can make the drive to ambleside and watch a game instead of commenting on other peoples interpretations.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0