Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a shame, Larry.....:( Allegedly this ref was a FIFA ref at one point........:eek:

I"m sitting by my phone, WAB, but for some reason I don't think I'll be getting the call for any of the games. I have to ref in the Fijian League instead. :D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well...I was at the game...
I just erased my post of what I thought because I would surley be bashed from hell.

I will just say I disagree.

He is a Fifa official who has just moved here from Europe and doesnt know anyone here so he has no favorites and doesnt know the politics or any of the players.
He calls it as he sees it and how it should be called.
We have had him 4-5 times this year and he was awsome.
He doesnt like the hockey mentality/game we all have grown to think is soccer here.
He lined the Pak final last week and heard the threats all the players/staff were calling to each other. He saw the punches thrown and infact was in the middle breaking it up.
No cards I might add???
He went into the changerooms before this match and warned everyone that he would not allow anything to happen that happened the week before.
And he didnt...
Game over.

Guys, we all went to this game to see what was going to happen from last week...And the UFC didnt break out..That is why so many are dissapointed.

LOL ..Hats off to PAU

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well...I was at the game...
I just erased my post of what I thought because I would surley be bashed from hell.

I will just say I disagree.

He is a Fifa official who has just moved here from Europe and doesnt know anyone here so he has no favorites and doesnt know the politics or any of the players.
He calls it as he sees it and how it should be called.
We have had him 4-5 times this year and he was awsome.
He doesnt like the hockey mentality/game we all have grown to think is soccer here.
He lined the Pak final last week and heard the threats all the players/staff were calling to each other. He saw the punches thrown and infact was in the middle breaking it up.
No cards I might add???
He went into the changerooms before this match and warned everyone that he would not allow anything to happen that happened the week before.
And he didnt...
Game over.

Guys we all went to this game to see what was going to happen from last week...And the UFC didnt break out..That is why so many are dissapointed.

LOL ..Hats off to PAU

ps ..A 2 foot tackle from behind is a red and so is spitting on an opponent.

So he reffed a great game then, Ghouse? 3 red cards were all fully deserved and he did everything else right? Or did he just follow through with his 'threats' before the game started? What do you think? A bit of both? Did he deserve a 10/10 for his performance? 9/10?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not going to get in the middle of this one, no one from PAU will. We hit the preverbal wasps nest last week with a stick and IMO, probably embarrassing Poco so we talked about it at training, we talked about it before the game and that was to rise above the tackles, rise above the side-line banter, stick ego and the past games with them in our pockets and just go and play our hardest knowing full well Rubin was reffing the game and that he would call it properly and to the letter. I think he did.

That said, he was really harsh. Poco #15 was like a frothing dog from the start and was in his ear from the opening whistle. Mills even had to call him over and try and settle him down. Yellow and a straight red in 15 minutes. The baffling one was Steve Mitchells red. He committed a foul, like Larry said, just a foul and was sent off. I disagreed with that one fully. Steve, I hear, was in his ear the week before after he brought down Lion in the 90th, so who knows. Losing 2 players after giving up a peno called by the linesman would put most over the edge and it was a gong show of the highest order from there. On the park and off it.

We didn't ask for it, we didn't want it. We did our very best not to pile on, but how do you play in a game like that? It didn't do us any good as the guys pretty much shut off at half. I can't blame them at all. Fook me what an odd night. I'm not even sure there is a Bombay video to come close to this one.

I chatted with TM and Gagness and the like after over a few pints and a Breathalyzer :rolleyes: we're all disappointed in how it ended but we're moving on with our plans to merge and be the PAU Rangers. We'll play on grass or turf when-ever it suits us.

Road Trip

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure about the 2 foot tackle from behind, but we have had reds for less..The spitting on another player is def a red..2 yellows makes a red for the 3rd...
PAU never got a single...or did they get 1 yellow...
The way the players were talking to the official..the game should have been abandoned..
Captian...If you would have seen the game the week before and how this had started maybe you might see what I am trying to get across...
The comments from players last week were..Were going to fuking kill you cnuts next week...He was running the line...he heard all that..maybe where he is from when someone says that they do it...who knows. I am not saying or sideing with anyone..I am just trying to let everyone know that I could see this comeing...
Im not commenting on this anymore..

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promise..
So big game tonight....
I wish I could be there but were haveing a poker fundraiser again..
CC or MFW ...to close to call this one..Tomorrows game at Newton is my next action..Peg vs Delta for the right to travel to the Island 2 times..lol fun.
Langley is on the Island today..good luck everyone.
Drama Drama Drama....Love it .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse, he wouldn't even let a soccer game break out. That's the problem!
That game was very close to being abandoned before the end of the first half.

If he let the two teams play and one team kicked the crap out of the other, we would be dissapointed, but for a ref to totally ruin a game like he did was embarrassing.
We were dissapointed because he didn't let them play a game we came to see at all.

It is oddly coincidental that the same player the beaked off at him last week got a joke of a red the next week.
There is no way in hell "that's how a game should be called"

We've had him once this season and he wouldn't tell players how much time is left in the game, he stopped the game to tell 2 guys, and later someones kid, to stop playing with the soccer balls on the sidelines. Not to mention that he handed out 2 reds that game too.

All you can hope for is to come out on the right side of him when you get him, and PAU got that last night.

Larry Dallas

May 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We don't need a game tape. Every single person that was at that game last night saw what happened. You seem to disagree with all of them. But of course you do. I bet this feels like some sort of justification for you after you were cheated out ofyour Pak cup semi. In no way should what of happened last week have any relevancy to last nights game. If a referee wants to ref like that, then that ref is deciding the outcome of the game and taking it into his own hands. Tha doesn't seem right.

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 zip the head over langley.......scrappy effort by both teams. Not very entertaining insofar as decent ball movement by either team, a number of giveaways led to some chances and I will say that langley had quite a few shots, but not necessarily quality shots. the first goal early in the 2nd was a decent effort off a corner, 2nd goal a semi break where the goaler got caught out and a chip into the net. langley never quit and moved more players up in search, but the head hung on.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 1 - MF 0

Like most watching the game, I was surprised by MF's (RH the exception) total lack of urgency the entire 2nd half when down 1-0 after the 1st. The 1st was very entertaining and an excellent turn and strike from 16 yards out (30th min?) was the difference in the game.

The 2nd half was very boring and non-eventful. Although MF had the majority of the ball, Columbus had everyone play solid positionally and MF rarely ventured forward to push for the equalizer. Only once did the defence push and get into the offensive flow of the game. It looked like MF was more interested in ending their season and moving forward with the summer.

Kevin U was very solid in the middle. The PK with 5 to go was questionable, but Bird stopped it. One would think that MF would get some momentum and energy from the big stop, but the push was very short lived and the game ended quietly.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse,

What planet do you live on? Obviously bitter about something?

KNVB - did you really try to not pile on. If the backup goalie wouldn't have made 4 or 5 quality saves when they were down to 8 men it would have been 8-0. Plus you shat your pants about 5 times in their six yard box. Good luck the rest of the way. When you talk about merging, I'm assuming you're merging with the PAU Rangers and going to play Master's because you guys looked really old out there.

JTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0