Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correction Cloughie it was 5-2: Powell (2), Nico, Goldy, Sahil. I'm sure Reedie will provide details.

Thank you Bays United for the noon kickoff time :rolleyes: next Sunday at Uvic stadium

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo / Peg 5 - Delta 2

If I was Indo/Peg I really wouldn't know what to think right now. Yes, the speed was on their side and the counter proved rewarding, but the holes in the back 4 and goalie really showed. The game was wide open almost from the opening whistle and there were many chances for both sides for the entire 90. If not for 4 lucky bounces/chances going their way this game would have been a whole lot different.

1. 1st goal was a deflection off of an easy clearance from 5 yards out that hit a Peg player's ass and rebounded right into the low corner of the goal.
2. 2nd goal immediate deflection from the 20 yard shot that basically looped over Brum.
3. Millar's PK miss at at 4-1 with 25 minutes to go. Yes this was very significant because Delta looked like they were going to score every time down and missed excellent chances all day.
4. Gomes header off a Delta corner kick from 1 yard out that went directly off a Peg defender's face on the goal line in the 15th min.
add #5. Blakeway's off side goal that looked pretty good from my angle (debatable perhaps)
and add #6. Pegs 4th goal with the open man and just a defender between him and the goal. Brum was ahead of them slightly - hence an offside position.

Peg showed a lot of control, skill, and danger and were rewarded for it. Delta were unlucky all day. But even at 4-1, I had the sense that the game was not over. And the way Delta quickly got the ball to kick off after the 4th goal against them showed that they felt the same way and for good reason.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This must have happened after I left. Harp had a partial breakaway in the first half when it was 0-0. The first goal was fortunate but Delta was too predictable in the first half and put themselves in to a deep hole they couldn't get out of. Good luck to Reedie and the boys next weekend.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
we're all disappointed in how it ended but we're moving on with our plans to merge and be the PAU Rangers. We'll play on grass or turf when-ever it suits us.

Road Trip

thanks KNVB but summer league is second fiddle to the provincials, I suggest focusing on that before the big event over the summer.
BTW, congrats on the win;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This must have happened after I left. Harp had a partial breakaway in the first half when it was 0-0. The first goal was fortunate but Delta was too predictable in the first half and put themselves in to a deep hole they couldn't get out of. Good luck to Reedie and the boys next weekend.
True enough, but Peg had a real tough time stopping that predictability in the 2nd. But when you get down to Peg and start to push, they are the best team for punishing the opponent with the counter.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta were naturally and obviously a desperate thus different team in the second half. Millar moved himself up front and combined with Blakeaway - they were more than a handful...Once the scoreline was 3-0 all structure and normalcy for both teams was thrown out the window. Delta had some great chances to make it 3-2 but we absorbed the pressure and were able to convert on the counter.

Hotel suggestions in Victoria? Not The Empress!

SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0