Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it probably will. Supposedly there was a video showing the referee and his shocking decisions.
Fack me, I'm all for being politically correct and saying the right things, but I wanted to remain quiet as I think highly of a bunch of the Poco guys and TM, I really do. I also think the ref was really harsh on Mitchell for what-ever reason, but that aside, the only shocking decision was not to abandon the game. It didn't help calm things down that Jacaboni and Wooldridge were getting stuck into anything and anyone that moved. Someone yelled at the ref that they were going to rip his head off and shove it up his ass. I loved the "you don't have the Fcuking balls to send me off” shout too. I'm pretty sure there was a jersey thrown at him as well after a foul was given.

Hidden agenda or not, right or wrong decisions or not the "game" and some players behaviors (not all, some) was a complete joke from start to finish. Was it totally the refs fault? Not for me to decide. I'm only sorry I was apart of it and that, that many people came out to witness it.

TM was honest to us when he called Guinness and myself and explained his teams side of things and Poco's decision. I can respect that decision to investigate, but I don't like that we're involved obviously, but what can you do it's their call. I think labeling it sour grapes for the loss is wrong though.

FFS

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right K, someone did throw their jersey at him and also went nose to nose with him, meer centimetres between them, and yelled in his face all sorts of things but no cards for either.
So why so quick to give out yellows and reds for those instances, but when he's "threatened" to his face, do nothing?
Did his conscience get the best of him? Did he feel sorry for Poco? or did he realize he'd totally ****ed Poco's chances and there was no need to punish them further.
Maybe get got even with the guys he wanted to get even with from the previous game and didn't need to do anymore.

Just weird i thought.

Dude,
I was watching with Demo and was telling him that Poco was getting shafted and the reffing was bad so i'm not sure how unbiased he is. ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Protest - The ruling came out today that the protest was denied on the grounds that decisions of the referee are not protestable. (cough... no matter how shocking they may or may not have been... cough)

The ref's conduct is under review I'm told.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just happened to be speaking to a couple of Peace Arch guys yesterday who didn't share KNVB's politically correct views. They say Poco was to blame for the events that transpired.

It started from the opening whistle when Poco came out "looking for blood" after the previous week's results and the ref stepped in to stop it from getting out of hand. In their opinion, the first reds were a bit harsh, but could have been justified if you took each one by the letter of the law.

The part that confused them was how much, much worse offenses later in the match (screaming obscenities from inches away and throwing the shirt at the ref) went without so much as a word from him.

But as far as keeping themselves under control, I would have to say these two gents gave the Poco players and bench a failing grade.

Wish I could have been there. It would have been interesting.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Protest - The ruling came out today that the protest was denied on the grounds that decisions of the referee are not protestable. (cough... no matter how shocking they may or may not have been... cough)

The ref's conduct is under review I'm told.

That and also the Protest wasn't sent in time...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, huge weekend ...8 games...
Predictions ???

We are ready to face UBC and not to sure what to expect. I went to the UBC/WhiteCaps game and at least half the UBC guys were missing and guys from all the other schools were playing in place of...Injuries or planed that way Im not sure.
Still the Collage guys held their own.
UBC is big and Fit..we are small and out of shape..lol
Cant wait till Sunday.

Cowichan at home to PAU...If PAU can travel the day before and lay off the beers till after the game..the have a great chance of winning over on the Island..They are playing well and have some good momentum going into thier away game.

Akal gets smoked at Gorge.

ICST at Bays at 12noon... Icst has to travel the day before if they want to beat Bays and travel back to the Island next week....
We played Bays last year in Cup and they pulled this early game crap with us too...We didnt travel the day before and it cost us. We were the better team..Still Bays hammered 2 goals in on us in the first 10 minutes..After that we out scored them 2-1 but lost in the end 3-2...And we all felt it was because we had to get up so early and sit on the ferry before the game. Its so hard to get your legs going after being on the ferry.
Bays can score goals so expect the same game plan from them this year.
No prediction here...ICST is a better team but that travel early really is a huge factor.
to close to call.

Surrey plays better vs better teams so Sapperton could throw a wrench at SUFF and cause a few problems..Still I pick Surrey.

Gordon Head at Moody Gunners...Well im going for Moody here. Moody at home on the Cement Patch are strong..Why? who knows but they are a way better team at home than on the road...And that field causes every team problems..
Bob was to nice to give them the 4pm start...If I ever get a home game vs an Island team Im doing what Bays does and makein it a Nooner..(its not to late to change the game time Bob)..rules state 24hours prior. LOL

WestVan vs Lakehill ..WestVan but Lakehill to throw everything at 29 to make a game of it.

CC over Croatia in a close game..

Ill be at the WestVan game (inlaws live across the street BBQ lunch) then headin over to catch the end of the Moody Game. Saturday.
Hope you all get out somewhere and take in a game or 2..Good luck to everyone.
Cheers

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB said:

KNVB remember France vs Ireland?...Ireland's protest to Fifa.

mikey c 9 said:
That and also the Protest wasn't sent in time...

So...The President of the League/Referee allocator (BTW...Poco's COACH) screwed up again...

PAC2010

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC over ACBC
PAU over Cowichan
Gorge over Akal
Peg over Bays
Surrey over Sap
Gordon Takes Moody
West Van over Lakehill
Clanbus over Hrvatska

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
naive KNVB said:
Whistleblower schedules the ref's for the Valley games.

yeah yeah yeah you wanna believe that...That's what you think...his name may be posted as Referee's allocator but the reality is different...WAKE UP man...

PAC2010

Tad Hamilton

Apr 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHOUSE you serious. You think you were the better team last year even though the score was 3-1 and you scored with fumes left. The ref actually blew the whistle after the kickoff to end it, so you guys had no hope. Its true we started off well and you guys didnt but that is the advantage of having home field right. Best of luck GHOUSE you seem like a nice fella.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tad it was 3-2 final and yes I did believe that other than the first 10-15 min we were the better team..but hey...we lost. And its a new year ..and home field is def an advantage if used correctly....Early game slots or grass/turf for teams playing on the other.
Its a 1 game win/lose tournament, so every little thing that can help you win a one off counts.
Im off to the WV/Lakehill game and then Moody/GHead
Good luck everyone.

I sure hope ICST and PAU are headin out tonight on the last ferry and are staying off the pregame beers....

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the peace-what posse will be rolling out early tomorrrow, hopefully knvb
remembered the ferry resos. as for staying off the sauce, i think a couple
of "looseners" with a good meal tonite and a good night's sleep in our own
beds is just the ticket. not to worry dave, i said A COUPLE of looseners.:D
looking forward to a good match @ cloverhoof today as the big red machine
begins its quest for the treble.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-0 WVFC 30 min in. I don't think Lakehill has had a shot!

WVFC 3-1 over Cordova bay In masters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0